Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Min2206 You and I will watch the first episodes of Run On starting on December 16th. Please put it into your calendar already. Let's get to know chili oppa's abs together. :kiss_wink:

I might give this one a try too, but well my reason for it is totally different :loolz:

+2

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Let me take a guess, Shin Se Kyung? 

No Noona, if I end up watching it, it would be second Shin Se Kyung drama I would watch :loolz:

I don't really avoid her, but end up not watching her dramas for unknown reasons :joy:

To me the plot seems to have some potential. So I had planned to give it a try :wow1:

4 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yes atleast I won't rant that science does not work that way. They can show whatever they want. LOL

Yeah, that is more convenient for them :rubchin:

+2

• Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@pompyavi have you read the background about the mythical figure Sisyphus?  I wonder what aspect they would use for the plot.  Whether they will go with the whole existential quandary about the monotony of life or if they will go with the story about him trying to cheat death?  That’s been percolating in my mind since the title surfaced. :lol:  Sorry my mind goes on tangents like that.  I like context to my dramas.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

59 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Min2206 You and I will watch the first episodes of Run On starting on December 16th. Please put it into your calendar already. Let's get to know chili oppa's abs together. :kiss_wink:

Thanks for the invite.  I don't plan way ahead ..that far ahead lol
my motto is I LIVE BY THE DAY

Hope I can join you, yes I will put in the calendar ....  Is that Ji Sung Oppa , the short one?

Ji Sung  Completed the marathon 4 hours, 9 minutes and 16 seconds -  I know him through Lee Bo Young 
Kang Ki-young  Stopped after 30 km - I know bit bit
Hwang Hee  Completed the marathon5 hours, 10 minutes and 7 seconds - dunno
Lee Tae-sun  Completed the marathon4 hours, 38 minutes and 3 seconds - dunno

:loolz:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, nrllee said:

have you read the background about the mythical figure Sisyphus?  I wonder what aspect they would use for the plot.  Whether they will go with the whole existential quandary about the monotony of life or if they will go with the story about him trying to cheat death?  That’s been percolating in my mind since the title surfaced. :lol:  Sorry my mind goes on tangents like that.  I like context to my dramas.

I am doing all the readings now. Trying to relate to drama is one of the reason but sisyphus the myth is intriguing and philosophical in itself. 

I have been reading the essay on it about absurdity by Camus. the essay/book is pretty philosophical and talks about the idea/conclusion that life is truly meaningless.. and that humans have two choices if they understand/accept this idea.. to commit suicide or develop a faith in religion/a god.. it talks about sisyphus in the end chapter.. 

this book seems too complicated/sophisticated for them imo. but then again csw's character is an engineer/genius so who knows. 

Also i read somewhere that they will use time loop which imo would be a representation of sisyphus pushing the boulder uphill for eternity. I hope they don't go towards the philosophical part and stay in the fantasy mystery track. Kdrama writers can't pull that off.

+2

• Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@pompyavi bravo with the readings. The time loop does sound like a Sisyphean endeavor.  And I gather PSH will play his “Saviour”?  Who will break him out of that loop?

I read that the whole production has been shrouded in secrecy with little insight as to what is going on.  I guess if it is preproduced they would want to keep a lid on everything till they premiere.  

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 3

@nrllee i love philosophy along with history and scifi. Still i would want this drama not to go towards that route because the writer's previous drama was a meh one. It requires a lot of reading, analyzing of various things to blend philosophy with any other genre. Till date I have seen such qualities in very few Directors and writers. And all of them who accomplished that have taken atleast 4-5 years to come out with that quality of work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 3

11 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i went for a good bowl of ramen, shopped a little for the cocktail which i'm going to experiment later..

and had a cup of triple shot coffee!

now going to catch last ep of Search!

I loved the ending of Search. I got to say I was a bit scared for the ending, given the ending Musudan had, but well, it was a good one here :wow1:

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks for the invite.  I don't plan way ahead ..that far ahead lol
my motto is I LIVE BY THE DAY
Hope I can join you, yes I will put in the calendar ....  Is that Ji Sung Oppa , the short one

Good philosophy, but it's abs we're talking about! :love:

Ji Sung oppa is the short one yes (hence the name short oppa). He's 173 cm, but I learnt yesterday that evil oppa (Namgoong Min) is only 173 cm as well! :scream:

But surprise, surprise, chili oppa Im Siwan whose drama we are supposed to start watching in December because of his abs, is probably even shorter! :scream:

He's listed as 175 cm, but he has admitted that it's not his real height. Some people are claiming he's only 166 cm!!!! :scream:

Im Siwan, formerly known as chili oppa, shall be named mini chili oppa from now on.

drew barrymore knight GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@pompyavi I hope they do not go in the philosophical aspect too much.  it has to really good quality to make it work. 

I love philosophy.    I don´t think any k-dramas that I have seen has make it work for me.  

there this spanish(catalan) series called Merli that is about philosophy teacher who is trying teach the students about philo. It is pretty good. There is somethings that I do not like but in overall it was really good show.

@partyon what is it about height that people are afraid to tell the right height?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 3