Add and Subtract Game

Admin

17 minutes ago, larus said:

Since I did not watched many kmovies i haven`t seen her but I saw her in MBC drama The Queen`s Classroom. She is talented. I will watch her new drama with Choi Daniel next year. She grew up since then. :D

Yeah I am looking forward to her role in that drama. 

18 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Exactly. I was too rooting for Lewandowski. I admit I love Messi and he was the reason I started watching Soccer but I am never biased in my opinion. Last year's Baeksang was a disaster. The best actor category was not competitive at all. Even the 2017 one in which CSW was awarded, it was actually meant for Chun Ho Jin for my golden life. They couldn't because there was a survey in which korean film directors and producers participated. 78% of them voted for CSW and the fact that Stranger was the first Korean drama to be included in NY Times top 10 dramas. 

Have you watched my Mister?

I wouldn't really comment on this year's Baeksang, since well firstly I was really disappointed with Han Suk Kyu not even nominated for his role in Romantic Doctor 2. Apart from that, even though I wouldn't comment much on the Best actress of Kim Hee Ae, since I do believe she did a good job. 

I don't know how "When Camelia Blooms" won so many awards. I mean I didn't watch it, so I want to know, was it really that good drama? Since it even won the Grand Price. 

I am yet to watch My Mister, I think I should get myself mentally ready for it, given the type of drama it is.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Apart from that, even though I wouldn't comment much on the Best actress of Kim Hee Ae, since I do believe she did a good job. 

Best actress was bound to be her. The drama had huge ratings and she was excellent. I haven't watched it but she is an amazing actress. 

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

don't know how "When Camelia Blooms" won so many awards. I mean I didn't watch it, so I want to know, was it really that good drama? Since it even won the Grand Price. 

It was a fine drama but I won't say the performance was award winning. In my opinion even Park Seo Joon was better in Itaewon Class. Only that little kid in Camelia I was impressed with and the supporting actor who played KSH's elder brother's role in its okay not to be okay.

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

am yet to watch My Mister, I think I should get myself mentally ready for it, given the type of drama it is.

That's a really awesome drama. I was rooting for Lee Sung Kyun for best actor in 2018 but I knew it would be Lee Byung Hum given his reputation in industry. I am no way saying that he is not good. He is an excellent actor but LSK's acting and character in My mister had more weight.

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

14 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Best actress was bound to be her. The drama had huge ratings and she was excellent. I haven't watched it but she is an amazing actress. 

She really a great job in it, and I was expecting her to win it. 

It was a fine drama but I won't say the performance was award winning. In my opinion even Park Seo Joon was better in Itaewon Class. Only that little kid in Camelia I was impressed with and the supporting actor who played KSH's elder brother's role in its okay not to be okay.

Well, I don't know why, but I was never interested in even starting it. The plot seemed to be off to me, and well, I don't even think I will go for it. 

That's a really awesome drama. I was rooting for Lee Sung Kyun for best actor in 2018 but I knew it would be Lee Byung Hum given his reputation in industry. I am no way saying that he is not good. He is an excellent actor but LSK's acting and character in My mister had more weight.

Did Lee Byung Hun win it for Mr. Sunshine? If so, well he did a good job there, but given the type of role Lee Sung Kyun was doing in My Mister, I can see that his performance would have been better. 

Now what I don't understand about Daesang is, Parasite won the best Film and Bong Joon Ho won the Grand Prize for it. Now the best Director award is given to someone else, while Parasite is still nominated. I didn't watch that movie, and maybe it deserve it after Parasite, and they did it since Parasite won the best Film. Fine.

But then the Best Screenplay went to "Exit", while the likes of Parasite, House of Hummingbird, The Man Standing Next were also nominated. I mean I can say, Exit was not that good of a movie, and I don't understand how it got that prize. I don't really understand the criteria for it. 

+2

38 minutes ago, larus said:

I never took any awards too seriously, especially Korean TV station awards on the end of the year. I am watching for the red carpet mostly. :D

About the Ballon D'or Awards. I would have offered the award without ceremony.

I don't watch any awards :joy:

As for Ballon D'or, of course they could do it without ceremony. I'd say it is the biggest robbery after Ribery didn't win it in 2013, despite having achieved all kind of personal awards and team awards possible. Same was the case with Lewandowski this year. If Ronaldo and Messi would be among the favorites to win, they would do it. But well, this year both of them were not even deserving to be among the top 3. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

i really don´t follow awards. so can´t really say anything about them. but I honestly don´t think that camellia was grand prize good. i mean it was good but not that good. 

honestly i feel bad for lewandowski.  why they could not just give him the award. :cries:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

i really don´t follow awards. so can´t really say anything about them. but I honestly don´t think that camellia was grand prize good. i mean it was good but not that good. 

honestly i feel bad for lewandowski.  why they could not just give him the award.

Ballon D'or is all about robbery now. Modric was quite lucky to win it in 2018. Lewandowski was the best by far, and there no need to do the awards ceremony like that, but still they could do the voting and give it to him. :evilelmo:

I'll just hope he'll perform so well this year that he'll get it finally. He is such an underrated striker just because he plays for Poland and in Bundesliga for Bayern. He would be equally lethal striker in any league I'd say. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Did Lee Byung Hun win it for Mr. Sunshine? If so, well he did a good job there, but given the type of role Lee Sung Kyun was doing in My Mister, I can see that his performance would have been better.

Yep it was for Mr Sunshine. Thats why I said he was excellent. But imo LSK's character and acting had more weight. 

Now what I don't understand about Daesang is, Parasite won the best Film and Bong Joon Ho won the Grand Prize for it. Now the best Director award is given to someone else, while Parasite is still nominated. I didn't watch that movie, and maybe it deserve it after Parasite, and they did it since Parasite won the best Film. Fine.

So Baeksang has this weird rule that if someone wins a grand prize then that drama or person is not eligible for any other major category. They can be nominated but they won't win. That's what happened in drama category. Camelia won the grand prize, though it got highest votes by jurors for best drama as well the award went to Stove League who got the second highest votes. 

But then the Best Screenplay went to "Exit", while the likes of Parasite, House of Hummingbird, The Man Standing Next were also nominated. I mean I can say, Exit was not that good of a movie, and I don't understand how it got that prize. I don't really understand the criteria for it.

That's where Distribution comes into play. They try to please everyone by giving them one award. And this is my observation that they love to give one or the other award to Lee Byung Hun while they seem to have some enmity with HSK. Even in 2012 when HSK was the top choice for best actor for Deep rooted tree they awarded it to Kim Soo Hyun for moon embracing the sun for one crying scene. And for 2016-2017 when HSK was nominated for Dr Romantic S1, they gave best actor award to Gong Yoo. Again Gong Yoo is an excellent actor but his character and acting wasn't that impactful in Goblin compared to HSK. So I already know CSW won't be nominated this year for Stranger 2.

+2

10 minutes ago, joccu said:

but I honestly don´t think that camellia was grand prize good. i mean it was good but not that good. 

Exactly it was fine but not grand prize worthy.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

That's where Distribution comes into play. They try to please everyone by giving them one award. And this is my observation that they love to give one or the other award to Lee Byung Hun while they seem to have some enmity with HSK. Even in 2012 when HSK was the top choice for best actor for Deep rooted tree they awarded it to Kim Soo Hyun for moon embracing the sun for one crying scene. And for 2016-2017 when HSK was nominated for Dr Romantic S1, they gave best actor award to Gong Yoo. Again Gong Yoo is an excellent actor but his character and acting wasn't that impactful. So I already know CSW won't be nominated this year for Stranger 2.

I didn't know about this. Well, HSK's role in Deep Rooted Tree was more than perfect, and he lost it to Kim Soo Hyun :evilelmo:.

I like Kim Soo Hyun as an actor, but by no means his role could be compared to HSK's one in it. 

Same with Gong Yoo winning it for Goblin I guess. It was fine acting, but not really as good as Romantic Doctor.

6 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

So Baeksang has this weird rule that if someone wins a grand prize then that drama or person is not eligible for any other major category. They can be nominated but they won't win. That's what happened in drama category. Camelia won the grand prize, though it got highest votes by jurors for best drama as well the award went to Stove League who got the second highest votes. 

Although I am happy Stove League won it. But I'll have to check the other options too. Stove League was really good though. Just checked the list, I think it was a close call, but I would still go with this one. 

Well, so winning Grand Prize makes on ineligible for other awards. Interesting :rubchin:'

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Sleepy Owl Yes. This is why i am 100% sure that CSW won't even get a nomination despite giving an excellent performance. My only hope for him is to get Daesang. Well it really doesn't matter as I know these awards are hoax now but it is difficult to locate him other than award shows, dramas, movies or musical. If he is not doing any of these he will go into hiding mode. Though I was blessed to get him see in an advertisement after 13 years.

For this year I think it's gonna be Lee Joon ki who will win the best actor's award. CSW won't be nominated, KSH has already won once and moreover LJK's acting was better than him.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Sleepy Owl oh I remember when Modric won.  :wub: i was really surprised.  :wub:

I would say that Messi had a better individual award, but I was happy that someone apart from Messi and Ronaldo finally won. And Modric is such an amazing and a humble person, I was really happy for him winning it. 

+2

1 minute ago, pompyavi said:

@Sleepy Owl Yes. This is why i am 100% sure that CSW won't even get a nomination despite giving an excellent performance. My only hope for him is to get Daesang. Well it really doesn't matter as I know these awards are hoax now but it is difficult to locate him other than award shows, dramas, movies or musical. If he is not doing any of these he will go into hiding mode. Though I was blessed to get him see in an advertisement after 13 years.

For this year I think it's gonna be Lee Joon ki who will win the best actor's award. CSW won't be nominated, KSH has already won once and moreover LJK's acting was better than him.

You are right, chances for Lee Joon Gi winning it is a lot. But well, KSH did an amazing job in that drama too. But if you ask me, I would close my eyes and simply give it to Oh Jung Se for his role in Its Okay Not To Be Okay. For me, that performance has been the best this year.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Oh Jung Se for his role in Its Okay Not To Be Okay

He would definitely win supporting actor award. 

In my opinion:

Best Actor: Lee Joon Ki

Best Supporting Actor: Oh Jung Se

Daesang: CSW (I don't see any good drama other than Stranger 2 for this category since it was based on their historical investigation rights reform. And Stranger 1 won Daesang already in 2017. CSW lost it for just one vote at that time. Even in this year's survey about 65% has voted for him as best actor for Stranger 2. He has sisyphus coming before April)

Best Director: Ahn Gil Ho for ROY.

Best actress: competition between Seo Ye Ji, Bae Doona and Moon Chae Won. Though I see BDN and SYJ has an edge over MCW.

In film category it would be one movie/ person Distribution. Either LBH/JWS/HJM winning Daesang or best actor. Yoo Ah In would be nominated but won't win.

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

He would definitely win supporting actor award. 

In my opinion:

Best Actor: Lee Joon Ki

Best Supporting Actor: Oh Jung Se

Daesang: CSW (I don't see any good drama other than Stranger 2 for this category since it was based on their historical investigation rights reform. And Stranger 1 won Daesang already in 2017. CSW lost it for just one vote at that time. Even in this year's survey about 65% has voted for him as best actor for Stranger 2. He has sisyphus coming before April)

Best Director: Ahn Gil Ho for ROY.

Best actress: competition between Seo Ye Ji, Bae Doona and Moon Chae Won. Though I see BDN and SYJ has an edge over MCW.

In film category it would be one movie/ person Distribution. Either LBH/JWS/HJM winning Daesang or best actor. Yoo Ah In would be nominated but won't win.

Let's see, but Best Supporting Actor would not be enough for Oh Jung Se's brilliant acting. So of course the least he deserves is that one.

Now I don't know whether Daesang is given to only one in both movies and dramas combined or is it separate for both? Because from the looks of it, Parasite's Bong Joon Ho won Daesang in movies, and Whem Camilia Blooms won it for dramas? I am confused.

For Best actress too, I think it will be more tough here. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Sleepy Owl said:

Now I don't know whether Daesang is given to only one in both movies and dramas combined or is it separate for both? Because from the looks of it, Parasite's Bong Joon Ho won Daesang in movies, and Whem Camilia Blooms won it for dramas? I am confused.

Given for both novies and Dramas separately. In movie category it would be totally pleasing everyone. 

In drama category TVN will be the decision maker since most of the nominations would be from their network. 

+2

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@joccu I was going to buy that game, Assassins Creed Valhalla, but then I saw in reviews that it has got some serious bugs here. So now I'll wait for the time being, before the remove them and update it. Will have to wait more for it :brokenheart:

17 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Given for both novies and Dramas separately. In movie category it would be totally pleasing everyone. 

In drama category TVN will be the decision maker since most of the nominations would be from their network. 

Let's see who will win this year :rubchin:

• Like 3
  • Love 1