Add and Subtract Game

Admin

30 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I didn't watch that drama, given the really messy kind of plot it seemed to me. I am not really into dramas where love triangle involves brothers, sometimes in Sageuks too. I didn't really check the comments here though. 

yea, despise triangles generally and this one looked really messy. from the comments, this is what I gleaned. there were 2 camps. one is love is good and who cares if it is her brother-in-law but is pure love etc. other camp is you don't cross boundaries, this is dumb. so the ending was that she admits she likes him but she cannot be with him. she divorces her husband who was off missing for some time or something. so everyone lives happily single and moving on in different directions.

2nd camp got the ending they wanted but they still hated it. first camp was "what on earth is the point of this 16 eps?". some were like this was the only possible ending but why does it feel such a bore. so basically the drama was one hot mess and folks want to avoid the writer of the drama. ^_^

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@sadthe1st Yup had my two cups of coffee already. Park Sung Woong is an amazing actor. He acts so well, and can do literally any kind of role. One time you see him as a carefree cop and then suddenly you see him doing a super serious role. And in this one, I loved everything about his role. 

ezgif-4-d08fa8a9ae1.jpg?fit=600,455&ssl=

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea, despise triangles generally and this one looked really messy. from the comments, this is what I gleaned. there were 2 camps. one is love is good and who cares if it is her brother-in-law but is pure love etc. other camp is you don't cross boundaries, this is dumb. so the ending was that she admits she likes him but she cannot be with him. she divorces her husband who was off missing for some time or something. so everyone lives happily single and moving on in different directions.

2nd camp got the ending they wanted but they still hated it. first camp was "what on earth is the point of this 16 eps?". some were like this was the only possible ending but why does it feel such a bore. so basically the drama was one hot mess and folks want to avoid the writer of the drama. ^_^

+2

These kind of plots are really very hard to end properly. Things get so messy in the end that it becomes very hard for the writers to clean up the mess. That's why I really never go for such dramas. And I really do understand may people's frustration that if she was not really going to end up with either one, they really wasted 16 hours of their life rooting for either of the couple. But many on Asianwiki thought that this was the best ending possible, so I think maybe it really was. I'll never know, I'll never watch it :joy:

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2

@Lmangla that drama basically added too much complications into the storyline. many chingus were guessing that she already liked the younger bro in the beginning but refused to admit her feelings probably cos of taboo to fall in love with someone so much younger and also previously her student.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

@Sleepy Owl i super like Park Sung Woong in When the Devil Calls My Name hahahaha! he is one clueless devil when it comes to love!

The Californians Reaction GIF

come watch 18 Again with me! hahaha

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@Lmangla that drama basically added too much complications into the storyline. many chingus were guessing that she already liked the younger bro in the beginning but refused to admit her feelings probably cos of taboo to fall in love with someone so much younger and also previously her student.

@Sleepy Owl i super like Park Sung Woong in When the Devil Calls My Name hahahaha! he is one clueless devil when it comes to love!

come watch 18 Again with me! hahaha

+2

Those kind of dramas are usually on the receiving end of hatred from many viewers and its ratings were not really good, like around 3.6 nationwide for 14th episode, Asianwiki is not showing the rating for last 2 episodes yet. And it is really sad to see this happening to a channel MBC which used to produce some really good dramas maybe even a couple of years ago too. One of the main reason for MBC, SBS, KBS losing out to private channels is because of the significant decline in quality of dramas they air. Private dramas also did have some significant increase in quality thanks to higher budgets, but for almost a year now, those channels have been losing out because of messy plots, bad quality dramas. I don't know about this one, but with FOE having ended almost 4 weeks ago, their ratings didn't really do well. 

Chingu, I am planning to start 18 Again this week end, and try to catch it by next week, or maybe the week following it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

this week end, and try to catch it by next week, or maybe the week following it.

stand by some tissues...

Sad Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

WHOOPS!!! that's her! the one from When I was the Prettiest hahahahaha

where is @partyon.. i saw her around but not posting anything *sneak peeks*

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 3

@Sleepy Owl@sadthe1st ~ am more surprised that some people found the love triangle beautiful and interesting enough to watch till the end and that some even liked the younger brother. in real life, most people would curse such a fella for continuously interfering or pursuing his sister-in-law (based on some viewers comments on the plot who basically hated all 3 leads including the younger brother who some thought was a bit stalkerish). in real life, there is no such beautiful feeling to such a mess.

once in reddit, this post showed on my feed and my head really spun. so this guy found out that his wife was having an affair with his younger brother. she was pregnant and had no idea whose baby it was!!! so this guy was so much in shock that he was parked by the side of the road and randomly writing on some internet board to vent out his sadness. people responded and wrote some encouraging as well as practical advice -- contact a lawyer and arrange for a DNA test. guy later deleted his post a day or two later after following their advice and feeling tad better.

+2

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 minute ago, sadthe1st said:

stand by some tissues...

WHOOPS!!! that's her! the one from When I was the Prettiest hahahahaha

where is @partyon.. i saw her around but not posting anything *sneak peeks*

+2

Chingu I hardly cry :heartxoxo:

@partyon Noona must be busy with work and because of it maybe can just lurk around, but not be active here. 

Had a meeting with my director, and he now wants more active participation from me in projects :evilelmo:.

Last time he said that, I was forced to sit in meetings for 4-5 hours do nothing. Maybe I'll have to do something now, while sitting around for 4-5 hours :saitama:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thirsty 1

15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@Sleepy Owl@sadthe1st ~ am more surprised that some people found the love triangle beautiful and interesting enough to watch till the end and that some even liked the younger brother. in real life, most people would curse such a fella for continuously interfering or pursuing his sister-in-law (based on some viewers comments on the plot who basically hated all 3 leads including the younger brother who some thought was a bit stalkerish). in real life, there is no such beautiful feeling to such a mess.

once in reddit, this post showed on my feed and my head really spun. so this guy found out that his wife was having an affair with his younger brother. she was pregnant and had no idea whose baby it was!!! so this guy was so much in shock that he was parked by the side of the road and randomly writing on some internet board to vent out his sadness. people responded and wrote some encouraging as well as practical advice -- contact a lawyer and arrange for a DNA test. guy later deleted his post a day or two later after following their advice and feeling tad better.

+2

These plots are always messy. And as I said, the ones involving brothers are worse. I have seen countless dramas, mostly Sageuks, where a girl comes between 2 best friends and BOOM they are now worst enemies. Of course other things also happen, but that "girl in between" acts as oil in the fire between them. 

I didn't know she was married to the elder one when I read the plot. Because it just said "she falls in love two brothers", and the following paragraph had descriptions on brothers. That one line made me not even try to see how that drama really is. But well, younger brother interfering with his brother's relationship with his wife is not really something many can justify. I read that the elder went missing for 7 years, now I don't know what happened, but well, if she is married to your brother, then its a big no for you. I mean its a big no even when she is dating your brother/best friend. Well it really is not something I really look for in dramas. 

Affair in dramas as main genre is maybe the only genre which I usually try to avoid. I saw "World of Married" because I found it interesting to see how she would handle the whole situation, same with "My Dangerous Wife" where well, even I am scared of the wife in drama. But I don't know about here, but many of my friends who watch kdramas, where really excited for "Love Affairs in Afternoon", which I didn't really go for. Don't know how that drama was though. 

@partyon Noona, I'll be writing my thoughts on "Money Flower" and "Secret" today.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

21 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu I hardly cry 

Had a meeting with my director, and he now wants more active participation from me in projects .

Last time he said that, I was forced to sit in meetings for 4-5 hours do nothing. Maybe I'll have to do something now, while sitting around for 4-5 hours 

Oh sunbae-nim, don't you think that's a good sign?  The director must have seen something in you (now), whatever the thing is - take it positively, no?

18 minutes ago, H0ney said:

I am flexible. I can like oppa from different generations. LOL.. But coincidentally my oppa ahjussi is 60's. When he introduced his self to me I was hope that he is 70's HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

suddenly I miss min min @Min2206

Hi @H0ney  I was hoping to get oppas in the 80s but somehow those coming are in 90s!   

I miss hungry winnie the pooh GIF too!  :heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1