Add and Subtract Game

Admin

2 minutes ago, larus said:

In every action movie or drama I look for this scene. 90% of them have it. It became a cliche

Well well they need to show that the hero is hero. In Indian TV serials, in such case the hero/heroine will take 5 minutes to turn and give dialogues till then someone will come and hit them at the back. And I will be like, if I were in that scene I will first of shoot at sight.

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, larus said:

Since I talked at Alice thread about cliche of action drama/ movies here it is an exemple:

She is number one spy of North Korea but when she is against the hero, she loses her skills. And no, he doesn`t kill her either. Just shows her that he could do it. Perhaps she was just kidding too. She did not really want to kill him either.

In every action movie or drama I look for this scene. 90% of them have it. It became a cliche :lol:

And in Alice... Seok O Won did not leave in the direction of the sound.  He just check a bush somewhere. Perhaps he had a physical emergency. :lol:

And then that number one North Korean spy falls in love with him. Now suddenly, but eventually, after he captures her :loolz:

Although I liked her relationship with the ML in Iris. 

Maybe Seok Oh Won had some physical emergency, it never sees time though :Megalol:.

But that cliché scene of every action movies/dramas. We seen it happening countless times. MC has the baddie on gunpoint or sword on the neck, and then he just starts speaking about the struggles he had to go through because of him and how he will avenge his father/mother/sibling/master/best friend/lover, names them all and gives a speech long enough, for the baddie's friend to arrive and save him. While I am thinking, bro just shoot him, just pull the trigger, but no never happens. And I am left feeling like this :evilelmo:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

While I am thinking, bro just shoot him, just pull the trigger, but no never happens.

There are two ways. Dumb hero could not kill the enemy before the end scene because who he will fight for the rest of the movie? Or dumb antihero who has to be clumsy when he fights the hero because he can`t win ever.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, larus said:

There are two ways. Dumb hero could not kill the enemy before the end scene because who he will fight for the rest of the movie? Or dumb antihero who has to be clumsy when he fights the hero because he can`t win ever.

I hardly remember anyone to have not done that before :loolz:.

Another cliché thing, which is mostly seen in dramas, since they are long is, hero saving the antihero/villain who does the same in return, causing a chain of being indebted to each other, which ends in the end only.

And also the hero forgiving the villain so much, that he ends up killing hero's closed one or even backstabbing the hero, and be killed or arrested in the end. This usually happens a lot in Sageuks. 

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

One of the reasons I liked Chief of Staff is that the writer came up with inteligent writing to prelong the conflict. I did not feel it repetitive and neither of the sides has to be dumb for the other to win.

The baddies were, efficient of course, gave their best but I was not frustrated watching the drama because the good guys always come up with other plan. They did not give up. Both sides were tough, inteligent and resourceful, especially the good guys because they did not fight with dirty tactics. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

4 minutes ago, larus said:

One of the reasons I liked Chief of Staff is that the writer came up with inteligent writing to prelong the conflict. I did not feel it repetitive and neither of the sides has to be dumb for the other to win.

The baddies were, efficient of course, gave their best but I was not frustrated watching the drama because the good guys always come up with other plan. They did not give up. Both sides were tough, inteligent and resourceful, especially the good guys because they did not fought with dirty tactics. 

The next drama I am planning to start is Chief of Staff. Once the current dramas end, I'll most probably be more free since one or two dramas following current ones don't excite me, so I'll be watching it either in the last week of this month or the next month. 

Its good that good guys didn't fight back with dirty tricks, but I don't mind good guys fighting dirty sometimes, especially in Sageuks. Sometimes I feel like the bad guys should be given the taste of their own medicine, which has happened in some Sageuks, I don't remember though which one. It happened in Empress Ki too, now that I think about it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Its good that good guys didn't fight back with dirty tricks, but I don't mind good guys fighting dirty sometimes, especially in Sageuks.

I don`t mind either but we know that the good guys never cross the red line. If they do it is not a good and bad side anymore.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t mind either but we know that the good guys never cross the red line. If they do it is not a good and bad side anymore.

Yeah that's the problem of good guys, they never try dirty tricks, only to be backstabbed only to act like Ceaser being betrayed 

tenor.gif

+2

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The next drama I am planning to start is Chief of Staff.

Good. Tell us if you liked it or not!

The hero was just how I like to see it in a drama. Morally grey but with the heart in the right place. :D

e2ba09b3530e33cedcc870759c46d47a2e5851ac

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1