Add and Subtract Game

Admin

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't understand actors/actresses getting hate just because their characters was that way. 

We talked about this subject but it is happening all the time. I read recently about Jason Alexander that he received hate for his role in Pretty Woman. He played an insensitive lawyer who tried to rape the female protagonist (Julia Roberts).  He talked how the director did not want him in the role but he received the role because they couldn't make a deal with the actor they wanted and they were desperate. After this role he often was insulted on the street, he got punched many times and even got spit. It is ridiculous. Why some people cannot differentiate between a role and an actor? It is disturbing. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

@Min2206 it took me almost a year to get a new kitchen. I bought my house last year. And my plan was when I bought that I would renovate my hole house immediately.  it has taken more time I have thought.

I have only renovated my bedroom and bathroom.  

@partyon absolutely! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

3 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Min2206 it took me almost a year to get a new kitchen. I bought my house last year. And my plan was when I bought that I would renovate my hole house immediately.  it has taken more time I have thought.

I have only renovated my bedroom and bathroom.  

Just curious ... are you staying in that house , or still in old house?  @joccu

2 minutes ago, larus said:

I did not watch those dramas. I heard good things about Itaewon Class and maybe I will watch it someday.

Heard the good reviews too , dont think I will hop on this 

• Like 4

@Min2206 I´m staying my new house. My last place was rent apartment. this my own. 

I´m renovating room by room. So I can live there. :wub: I had to renovate the bathroom before I moved because there are stuff that has dry really good before using it. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, larus said:

We talked about this subject but it is happening all the time. I read recently about Jason Alexander that he received hate for his in Pretty Woman. He played an insensitive lawyer who tried to rape the female protagonist (Julia Roberts).  He talked how the director did not want him in the role but he received the role because they couldn't make a deal with the actor they wanted and they were desperate. After this role he often was insulted on the street, he got punched many times and even got spit. It is ridiculous. Why some people cannot differentiate between a role and an actor? It is disturbing. 

+2

Yeah, we have discussed about it before too, but we can't really help how other people think. And this happens almost everywhere, not just problem of one country, community or continent. Almost everywhere, a lot of people, create an image of the actor/actress, based on the role they did before. Which is not at all fair, because we don't really know what happens in their private life, they might do a very good and kind person's role, and be mean/arrogant in real life, while doing a bad role and very a very good person in real life. So I don't really we should create images of them based on their roles. 

Those who do bad/villainous roles, really get a lot of hate. Now that almost everyone has got smartphones in their hands with internet, it has also become much easier to target them for their roles, which actually must be not easy to deal with, especially if they are new to the industry. But as I said, it really can't be helped. Many celebs gave taken their lives as a result of cyber bullying. I remember same happened to Kim Yoo Jung, who faced harsh comments, not for a role, but not doing the 90 degree bow in a promotion event of the drama. 

But I have said this multiple times, we should not judge actors based on their roles, especially their bad/villainous roles. 

+2

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, joccu said:

I like white and rose wine. Not a really fan of red wine. I have always wanted a wine fridge. 

I like all kinds of wine but has to be a good wine. I used to prefer white wine but now I like more the red one.

cd40fc83696aebca6bf46270d4f850c8.gif

• Love 2
  • Awesome 3

6 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Min2206 I´m staying my new house. My last place was rent apartment. this my own. 

I´m renovating room by room. So I can live there. :wub: I had to renovate the bathroom before I moved because there are stuff that has dry really good before using it. 

Amazing ... you have the renovation works going on while you are staying there - i know it's easier for monitoring purpose but the amount of dust on daily basis - the cleaning will kill me.  I remember how I used to help my parents doing the cleaning when we renovated the attic and we lined the floor and wall from attic to ground floor yet we have to clean the dust each time the works stopped.

Salute you @joccu  Let me tell you, the satisfaction seeing the end outcome is immeasurable.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@Min2206 I´m doing almost the all renovating stuff by myself and with the help with my brothers. So it more about thinking off the schedule that work all off us. I can do stuff everyday after work if there is something to do. but big stuff I doing with my brothers like my kitchen. 

@partyon well it really depend on the wine. Like right now I like some Germany white wines. Chile always makes good wine. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But I have said this multiple times, we should not judge actors based on their roles, especially their bad/villainous roles. 

Exactly. I personally love to see a good villain in a drama or movie. Most of the time I enjoy a drama more if there is a good written villain.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, larus said:

Exactly. I personally love to see a good villain in a drama or movie. Most of the time I enjoy a drama more if there is a good written villain.

Yeah, even I love to see good villain. Well written villain is something which makes the drama/movie good for me.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Min2206 I´m doing almost the all renovating stuff by myself and with the help with my brothers. So it more about thinking off the schedule that work all off us. I can do stuff everyday after work if there is something to do. but big stuff I doing with my brothers like my kitchen. 

Ooh yea .. you mentioned that you are doing the carpentry works with your brothers.  Sorry that I forgot.  
Now I understand why you take some time to do.  After work and pending availability.     Would love to see your kitchen once done - to me, kitchen is very important, apart from my bedroom.

• Like 1
  • Love 4