Add and Subtract Game

Admin

36 minutes ago, larus said:

Nice. I never ate potatoes and rice together.

You are from India just like @pompyavi? I did not know. I had the impression that you are from Europe. So you are on Asia time zone.

+2

I am Indian, but do not live in India. I am in middle east, so time difference is not much with the European Countries. 

16 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

@Sleepy Owl the way you put it , makes me LOL

I wanted to sound funny though :biubiu:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am Indian, but do not live in India. I am in middle east, so time difference is not much with the European Countries.

This explains a lot! :joy:

Your whole family lives in the Middle East, dongsaeng?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

reading on the history of potato..

"Yet the potato never reshaped Indian diets in the ways the British intended. The British imagined that the potato would be a staple in India, just as it was for the Irish. But the potato never displaced rice as India’s staple crop. “India is the great assimilator,” Banerji says. The potato, she argues, was cooked in place of Indian crops such as yams and gourds rather than as a substitute for rice. Now, Banerji says with a laugh, Indian is one of the only cuisines where two starches, potatoes and rice, often feature in the same meal."

the last sentence cracks me up :lol: -- I didn't realize we were unique... surely there are other cuisines which put 2 starches together? they go well!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

11 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

No wonder you watch kdramas. For Majority of the Indian Guys kdrama means love story with rich boy-poor girl.

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By the way Noona, explains what? Me staying online so late?

Yes! :D I was really thinking of starting to call you non-sleepy owl dear dongsaeng :D Since you are up so late. lol

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

Now, Banerji says with a laugh, Indian is one of the only cuisines where two starches, potatoes and rice, often feature in the same meal."

the last sentence cracks me up :lol: -- I didn't realize we were unique... surely there are other cuisines which put 2 starches together? they go well!

Not true though.... I have noticed during my travels that in southern Central America and northern South America, you are always served both potatoes and rice with every meal.

Usually with some fish or chicken, cooked/fried vegetables, and beans of course. :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Sleepy Owl How can you watch so many dramas at the one time (in your signature)?  I struggle with 2?  :blink:  I don’t know how you do it and still have a life :lol:

@partyon yes I always thought it was odd with the potatoes AND rice.  Carb overload.  And they have so many different types of potatoes.  Not just the one variety.  Spoilt for choice.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2

2 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@Sleepy Owl How can you watch so many dramas at the one time?  I struggle with 2?  :blink:  I don’t know how you do it and still have a life

That is the question: does my dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl have a life....? :D

Just kidding sweetie :dorakiss:

There is so much talk about food nowadays on this thread, I put together a little poll. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not true though.... I have noticed during my travels that in southern Central America and northern South America, you are always served both potatoes and rice with every meal.

Usually with some fish or chicken, cooked/fried vegetables, and beans of course.

ooh, thats good! rice and potatoes really do go well together as do bread and potatoes actually. am not sure why you can't have more than one starch in a meal. LOL. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

10 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

No wonder you watch kdramas. For Majority of the Indian Guys kdrama means love story with rich boy-poor girl.

+2

Yeah I had a hard time explaining things to my friends during my college days in India. Wouldn't really blame them though, most of their gfs or female friends were fans of BOF and would speak to them about it, and when they would try to watch that drama, being recommended by their female friends of course, they would drop it and generalize Kdramas for it. 6-7 of my friends came in this category. :loolz:

Some of them did watch "Healer", "City Hunter" and couple more, liked them, but didn't really get interested in Kdramas.

All of them but one dropped "Innocent Man" thanks to out MC's choice and priorities :Megalol:

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes! :D I was really thinking of starting to call you non-sleepy owl dear dongsaeng :D Since you are up so late. lol

Noona, I can sleep literally anytime I want to, and also stay awake for hours as long as I want. Of course for the later condition, I sleep for more than 8 hours if I end up staying awake whole time, otherwise 4-5 hours of sleep during night is enough for me, I compensate it by sleeping for 2 hours after my work hours end. 

But I usually sleep late.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooh, thats good! rice and potatoes really do go well together as do bread and potatoes actually. am not sure why you can't have more than one starch in a meal. LOL. :lol:

Despite me loving almost all food in the world, I have to confess that the food in parts of Central/South America (e.g. Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador) does not get me excited.

a) it's rice and potatoes with EVERY SINGLE meal

b) there are no spices in the food

In summary: the food tastes bland

Hopefully no one is from Latin America here - I don't mean to offend anyone with my opinion.... :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

21 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

OK. That`s why I thought you have the similar time zone with us. 

+2

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 minute ago, partyon said:

b) there are no spices in the food

really? but they are like the home of the chilli? thought they would douse it in every meal...

reading up on some food history because of the discussion here and it is fascinating the effect of colonialism...

side note: didn't realize one can get a PhD on food history. what does one do with that education?

+2

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2