Add and Subtract Game

Admin

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

I know parts of the first movie was filmed in Romania - not sure if you guys felt as offended by Borat as Kazakhstan did.... ?

It is just a movie. I never heard anything about this. I don`t think I watched the first movie either. It looks like a parody.

Many films/movies are filmed in Romania these days.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

Done with Nobody Knows :wow1:.

Didn't binge-watch any drama in while, I think it was really a good decision to Binge-watch this one.

@partyon Noona, I really loved the show. Had a constant and good pace in story, a complex and well written Villain, what I actually loved about it is the MC. She was different, not the typical hot-blooded, revenge driven type of detective. She was revenge driven but then she moved on pretty well and soon and changed her stance for the case. Also she wasn't a cold person, the MCs in these types of drama are usually pretty cold. But she was a warm and compassionate person. All those interactions she had with the students, guiding them, and the way she showed emotions throughout the drama was excellent. For it will be among the best of the best dramas of this genre.

Also loved how they very subtly touched the bullying in school and also the involvements of parents and forcing them to perform well. And also influence of rich parents in the school affairs. The conflict of a teacher who did not listen to both sides of the story in past and facing the same problem he tried his best help both the students.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Done with Nobody Knows :wow1:.

Didn't binge-watch any drama in while, I think it was really a good decision to Binge-watch this one.

@partyon Noona, I really loved the show. Had a constant and good pace in story, a complex and well written Villain, what I actually loved about it is the MC. She was different, not the typical hot-blooded, revenge driven type of detective. She was revenge driven but then she moved on pretty well and soon and changed her stance for the case. Also she wasn't a cold person, the MCs in these types of drama are usually pretty cold. But she was a warm and compassionate person. All those interactions she had with the students, guiding them, and the way she showed emotions throughout the drama was excellent. For it will be among the best of the best dramas of this genre.

Also loved how they very subtly touched the bullying in school and also the involvements of parents and forcing them to perform well. And also influence of rich parents in the school affairs. The conflict of a teacher who did not listen to both sides of the story in past and facing the same problem he tried his best help both the students.

I also binged watched Nobody Knows because I managed to keep myself from watching it while it aired. :glasses:

The villains were really well written - agree! The cat and mouse game kept me invested throughout the drama.

The Empress Dowager and SKY castle actress Kim Seo Hyung was phenomenal! What a great crier she is too! :wow2:

All the child actors were amazing as well!

One of my favorite psychological thrillers out there.

Off to watch Innocent Man!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

28 minutes ago, corey said:

@partyon, finished watching and annotating ep 2 of The Innocent Man. So far, all the "checks" for a K-Drama are in place:

- annoying younger siblings - check

- entitled heiress - check

- clueless heroine behaving as if she had brain damage - check

- mad ajummas and equally mad ajussis- check

- friends that you are better off without - check

- big business machinations - check

- evil chairman - check

etc. etc.

It is good to watch a drama totally without expectations, just for the fun of commenting on it

BTW- out of curiosity, and for the sake of Jo Jin Mo and Song Joon Ki oppas I watched Frozen Flower. I am slightly disappointed  Song Joon Ki oppa did not have a large role there...

Yes, Innocent Man does check all k-drama tropes for sure. :joy: For some reason I still like it very much as the revenge component is very strong in this one. Also, you'll see the characters struggle with their "assigned" roles down the line. It'll be an interesting ride!

Are you liking it so far?

It's such a long time since I watched Frozen Flower that I can't really remember much of Song Joon Ki oppa's part in it.

I will try to finish both Innocent Man's episodes, as well as, Secret's episodes today!

:wow1:

New pics of Ji Chang Wook oppa (ELLE Singapore) :love:

Ji-Chang-Wook-6.jpg

ji-chang-wook-1.jpeg?resize=540,665

crop-0-0-720-880-0-Ji-Chang-Wook-15.jpg

https://www.elle.com.sg/2020/10/01/october-2020-cover-story-south-korean-actor-ji-chang-wook/

Oppa is so handsome! :heart:

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

I also binged watched Nobody Knows because I managed to keep myself from watching it while it aired. :glasses:

The villains were really well written - agree! The cat and mouse game kept me invested throughout the drama.

The Empress Dowager and SKY castle actress Kim Seo Hyung was phenomenal! What a great crier she is too!

All the child actors were amazing as well!

One of my favorite psychological thrillers out there.

Off to watch Innocent Man!

Yes Noona, overall, it really was a great drama. For now I'll not start any other drama, since I need to watch "Dangerous Wife" starting on Monday and "Private Lives" starting on Wednesday. But my next one surely will be "Chief of Staff" as recommended by @larus and @pompyavi

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yes Noona, overall, it really was a great drama. For now I'll not start any other drama, since I need to watch "Dangerous Wife" starting on Monday and "Private Lives" starting on Wednesday. But my next one surely will be "Chief of Staff" as recommended by @larus and @pompyavi.

Have you already watched the re-watch dramas' first episodes dongsaeng? :kiss_wink:

I'm just watching the first episode of Innocent Man and I am so excited because I finally get to share my thoughts about it with chingus!

:coolcat:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

Have you already watched the re-watch dramas' first episodes dongsaeng? :kiss_wink:

I'm just watching the first episode of Innocent Man and I am so excited because I finally get to share my thoughts about it with chingus!

Noona, I just watched Missing ep 9, now after some break, I'll watch both Innocent Man and Secret ep1, might watch Money Flower ep 1 too, other wise it will be tomorrow. I am also looking forward to Tuesday and reading your thoughts about it. But you can always share it here with spoiler tag :biubiu:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1

16 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am also looking forward to Tuesday and reading your thoughts about it.

I am looking forward to read the comments also but I hope there will not be too many. I can`t handle a fast moving thread, especially if I am busy. :lol: I will share my thoughts on the first episodes but I don`t think I will comment on regular bases. I better read everyone`s comments.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

56 minutes ago, larus said:

I am looking forward to read the comments also but I hope there will not be too many. I can`t handle a fast moving thread, especially if I am busy. :lol: I will share my thoughts on the first episodes but I don`t think I will comment on regular bases. I better read everyone`s comments.

I have same problem too. I faced this in Stranger 2 thread. I would comment, leave and return to see many comments there, which actually a good thing, but I am not so good with it. Tried to stay and comment along with everyone, like they do, but no, not cup of my tea.

Still, I am really looking forward to your posts, since you are watching it for the first time :approves:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

2 minutes ago, H0ney said:

I pray so that you would not forget to shower because of online 24/7 on Soompi :relieved: 

and cleaning your big beautiful house. And so you would not put your expensive blender on the buffet in the living room. Blender should be in the kitchen :relieved:

Okay, will be easy to fulfill since
a) I never forget to shower
b) I'm not 24/7 on Soompi
c) I never forget to clean my house
d) I don't even own a blender

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1