Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

It’s Empress Ki day today! 

@Sleepy Owl @joccu @Jillia Which episode are you on? I only need to watch ep 20 and I am ready to comment. :glasses:

@Sleepy Owl Dongsaeng, are you going to watch ep 2 of Zombie Detective? :kiss_wink: Would love to read your thoughts about it.

+2

Noona, I got to watch Empress Ki's 19 half and 20th episodes, will see whether I'll do it today or tomorrow.

Will be watching Zombie Detective ep 2 and Do You Like Brahms? ep 8 today :wow1:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

I thought my wed-thurs slot will be free for sometime, but its only for two weeks, just checked and on October 7th, Private Lives and Tale of the Nine Tailed will start. I might not go for the later one, but then in October, The Spies Who Loved Me will also start, making my wed-thurs more busy. :crazily:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1

Question chingus:

Have you noticed more smoking in dramas lately?

In Zombie Detective oppa lights up a cigarette in ep 1.

I remember how shocked I was when in Hospital Playlist we see 3 of the main characters (who are all surgeons by the way) stand outside and smoke in ep 9 or 10 for the first time.
I couldn't believe it! They are doctors! Why are they promoting smoking when they are preaching to other people to live in a healthy fashion?

Just wondering if there has been a shift in k-dramas or if I just haven't noticed smoking before?

Think GIF by Originals

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Question chingus:

In Zombie Detective oppa lights a cigarette. I've noticed more smoking in dramas lately. Do you feel the same way?

I remember how shocked I was when in Hospital Playlist we see 3 of the main characters (who are all surgeons by the way) stand outside and smoke in ep 9 or 10 for the first time.
I couldn't believe it! They are doctors! Why are they promoting smoking?

Just wondering if there has been a shift in k-dramas or if I just haven't noticed smoking before?

+2

Recently, I have been also observing characters shown to have been smoking. Didn't watch Hospital Playlist, but recently, in Stranger 2 I saw two characters smoking.

Otherwise it is indicated that they smoked or are going to smoke, the examples are in Do You Like Brahms?, and Stranger 2, where we see two characters, stressed take out a cigarette from the pack and before lighting get a call or the scene just changed, indicating they smoked. 

But even I think I am seeing more scenes like this. 

On the side note, almost all my friends who were medical students during my college time were smokers. They used to say that it helps them release stress. Not only them, we used to visit them in their hostel or sometimes even in the Medical college cafeteria, I would see many doctors, medical students smoking. So doctors smoking is very normal I guess, but Kdramas promoting it is something else, in my opinion. We never used to see things like this frequently before I guess. 

+2

• Like 5
  • Thirsty 1

@partyon ~ in the older dramas, many of the characters casually smoked. often the men gathering together and yakking something would show someone smoking... am guessing in the middle, there was a shift in broadcast laws which prohibited showing smoking. if they are showing again, then it could mean that they might have shifted the laws to allow showing smoking but likely with a possible statutory warning (thats how it is done in my place....)  that would be my guess.

• Like 6

I feel like we don't see smoking often anymore in western dramas, so I am really taken aback at the sudden shift in k-dramas.

No one should be smoking - it's really bad for your health and is one of the main reasons people develop cancer. Having k-dramas promote it, is quite sad. :kicks:

In my country we have really tough laws against smoking, and it's not so common to see people smoking anymore on the streets. None of my doctor friends smoke. Actually none of my friends smoke and neither do I.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1