Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

@triplem Have you watched the recent ep of Hospital playlist? Your thoughts on this new development? I personally was soo giddy last night but some people in the thread doesn't seem to be happy. LOL..

Yes ! I just did & came here straight away ! I approve soldier girl with oppa. I like the idea of dr Jang with Andreas . I was very happy with last night’s . Why are ppl not happy ?

• LOL 2

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yes ! I just did & came here straight away ! I approve soldier girl with oppa. I like the idea of dr Jang with Andreas . I was very happy with last night’s . Why are ppl not happy ?

Jun wan and Song hwa shippers are not happy. I didn't know there were quite a few of them. Lol. And there is this weird hatred against DR. Jang, I don't know why anyone would hate that girl. Sighh. Anyways who cares, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's ep. I nearly fainted during that last scene when oppa came to meet the soldier girl. How handsome was he there? Gossshhhhhh. Also he got a new nickname among the knetizens it seems. Dongsaeng killer. LOLOL. Coz he always falls in love with his friend's sister. Bwahahahahaha. 

• LOL 2

15 hours ago, Sejabin said:

covid19 attacks human’s lungs just like tubercolosis. But that is bacteria and the patients only need antibiotics. 

How with covid19? If tubercolosis patient needs to take antibiotics for 6 months, how with covid19 patient? And if they said it is like flu virus, how can they be so confident? Hepatitis also from virus and it stay there forever. In the patient’s body until they die. There is no negative for hepatitis once the patient already positive. 

Negative does not mean it is not there for virus right? It is just they stop to do activities inside our bodies. But they are still there :bawling: if they said our immune system can kill it. Then why our immune systen can not kill aids virus or hepatitis virus. 

I think I am getting crazy because of this situation ~_~ so stress and scared :frown:

@Sejabin I hope you are feeling better after a good night's sleep. :) 

Hopefully I am able to explain to you why there isn't a need to stress about this (sorry about the long post):

Spoiler

You are right that hepatitis can become chronic in some patients. That means that the body's immune system isn't able to clear out the virus and it can linger in the liver of those patients. It really depends on the strain of hepatitis, though, as well as, the immune system of the patient. In the cases where hepatitis becomes chronic, the virus will win over the immune system. 

HIV is a type of virus that attacks the immune system in a different way than most other viruses. The white blood cells, called T cells (lymphocytes) are the ones that helps the immune system put up a fight against pathogens like viruses and bacteria. But in the case of HIV, it targets the T cells and starts replicating inside of them. In this way, HIV is able to stop the T cells from multiplying and thus stopping the immune system from doing its job.

Now in the case of COVID-19, it is a type of coronavirus. There are lots of other coronaviruses as well. like SARS, MERS and your common cold (where you get a runny nose and a cough). 15% of all common colds are caused by coronaviruses, and according to studies adults get 2-3 colds per year (children up to 7 per year). 

This means:

1) Coronaviruses have been studied for a long time by scientist and they have a very good idea of how coronaviruses act and how the immune system responds to them. COVID-19's big brother SARS has been studied extensively, and everyone who recovered do not have SARS lingering in their bodies anymore.

2) Your body has been exposed to coronaviruses since you were a child, so your immune system has a pretty good idea of what it is dealing with and how to respond to it 

3) Coronaviruses and their DNA are also "built" totally differently than HIV and hepatitis - you cannot compare them

So, in summary: Your immune system knows how to fight a COVID-19 because of the type of virus it is dealing with and because it is similar to viruses your body has seen before. 

In cases where people die from this virus, it's most of the time because the patients have an underlying condition which makes their immune systems weak or because the immune system goes into turbo mode (called cytokine storm). In cytokine storm, the body's immune system makes too many cells (e.g T cells) to attack the virus, and by doing that, it actually starts attacking normal healthy cells as well. This is a very serious condition, but also fortunately very rare.

In any case, COVID-19 will not stay in the body after you have recovered. We know this because of the first point 1) listed above. 

In the rare cases where there have been reports that someone has re-tested COVID-19 positive, it could be because:

• the first test that told them they had cleared the infection wasn't giving an accurate response 
  • they still haven't recovered fully from their infection (for some people it could take a little bit longer e.g. 1 month than for others to recover)
  • they were re-infected again from a NEW COVID-19 virus (probability very low, because the immune system should have built 1-2 years of immunity because of the first infection)

Scientists believe that it is a combination of the first two points.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

784, and how do you guys post image on here? lol.

You just have to copy and paste the URL here. 

I'm nearing the end of Life on Mars. The scenes after he woke up are really hard to watch. He keeps imagining the old squad with him whenever he goes and investigates in the present time. Sighhh. He didn't even get to say proper goodbye to them. That is why I think he will go into his dream one more time and finish off that last case before coming back. Otherwise it will just haunt him forever. He has to seek medical help either ways. 

• Love 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Jun wan and Song hwa shippers are not happy. I didn't know there were quite a few of them. Lol. And there is this weird hatred against DR. Jang, I don't know why anyone would hate that girl. Sighh. Anyways who cares, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's ep. I nearly fainted during that last scene when oppa came to meet the soldier girl. How handsome was he there? Gossshhhhhh. Also he got a new nickname among the knetizens it seems. Dongsaeng killer. LOLOL. Coz he always falls in love with his friend's sister. Bwahahahahaha. 

Omg ! He’s indeed Dongsaeng killer . But he’s so cute . I like all the cast . Not one boring moment for me even though it’s medical . Anyway I did post my opinion on the thread . Ppl should just learn to enjoy the show . 

11 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

784, and how do you guys post image on here? lol.

You need to upload that image to a 3rd party site like imgur  or tumblr . Then copy imgur’s link & paste here. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

@triplem @staygold Life on Mars ending....

Spoiler

Am I supposed to be happy or sad about this ending?!?! I don't know, the very fact that I'm asking this question must tell you that I'm not entirely happy about it. I'm all for finding happiness, but it seems to be sending out a wrong message here. How can he forego reality for his happiness? That's not true happiness. How am I supposed to be happy about the fact that he reunited with the people in his dreams by ATTEMPTING/COMMITTING SUICIDE. I'm convinced that he is a last stage mental illness patient. He should've seeked psychiatric help. No one is entirely happy with their life. Everyone have such kinds of happy dreams. If everyone wants to stay in their own dreams by not accepting reality, what will happen? 

I don't know maybe I'm reading all this wrong? Is there any other theory?!? For me it definitely looked like a suicide. Sighhhh. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

+2

• Love 2

@kokodus I viewed  the drama as a fantasy drama from the get go 

Spoiler

To me it was a decent ending cuz I wanted him back with the team . For me , I just saw it as him moving on to an alternate reality . 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@partyon thank you for the explanation. It is calming me a bit now :blush:

btw last night was also a long night because one of my uncle just passed away. Lab test has not confirmed yet and the family are still waiting. But momentary result is he was a suspect patient of covid19. He just had a official trip from Jakarta, on 25th March was having fever, 27, there was infection inside his lungs. On 31st March almost 3/4 of his lungs full with liquids. 

We now blaming the head of government medical hospital in his place because he did not transparan to public about my uncle condition. When he was still stick at the hospital, people still come to seeing him and having direct contact like touching his hands and etc. because he is the regent there. But now people are afraid if the lab test is positive of covid19, then there are many people who must to isolate themselves because they can be the carriers of covid19.

I feel sorry for his direct family. Sons and daughter and his wife because they can not seeing him for the last time and they can not come close to his tomb too.

+2

• Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

@partyon thank you for the explanation. It is calming me a bit now :blush:

btw last night was also a long night because one of my uncle just passed away. Lab test has not confirmed yet and the family are still waiting. But momentary result is he was a suspect patient of covid19. He just had a official trip from Jakarta, on 25th March was having fever, 27, there was infection inside his lungs. On 31st March almost 3/4 of his lungs full with liquids. 

We now blaming the head of government medical hospital in his place because he did not transparan to public about my uncle condition. When he was still stick at the hospital, people still come to seeing him and having direct contact like touching his hands and etc. because he is the regent there. But now people are afraid if the lab test is positive of covid19, then there are many people who must to isolate themselves because they can be the carriers of covid19.

I feel sorry for his direct family. Sons and daughter and his wife because they can not seeing him for the last time and they can not come close to his tomb too.

+2

No worries, glad I was of help :) 

I am so sorry about your loss. :( It must be very tough on his direct family. Not knowing if it was covid-19 is surely very difficult for everyone involved. Hopefully you will receive news soon! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

first day at church after month of self isolation  :joy:

ezgif-3-d80cd46e9474.gif

+2

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

@Sejabin I’m sorry to hear about your lost :tears:

My condolence to you and your family:wub:

• Love 4

@triplem 

Spoiler

I guess that's the problem, I didn't see it as a fantasy drama like tunnel. They also gave a medical explanation for his dreams, sighh. Anyhow I searched about the original BBC show's ending and it seems like there the hero was dead from the first ep and everything that happened is some sort of afterlife thing. It actually fits this Korean version too. Tae Joo died originally and was never in a coma or anything but he believed he didn't die and thats why he tried coming back to life, but once he came back he realized that he indeed died, so that realization made him go back to his afterlife with peace. This theory is grave too tbh if he had already died. LOL. Sighhh. 

But anyways apart from the controversial ending, I loved everything about this drama. Kyung ho oppa is like a chameleon, he switching from goofy adorable character in Falling from innocence to a upright unemotional cop in this show. It was great. It took 16 eps for us to see that beautiful smile on his face. Hahaha. The whole team was great, I liked everyone. I feel like with the open ending like that, they can make a sequel easily. Let's see....I'm off to start another drama of oppa....Smile, you maybe? Have you seen this one?   LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

thank you @Ameera Ali and @partyon our family group is waiting in stress now for the result because if the lab test positive then there are also many of my family in the village already had close and direct contact with him :pensive:

I blame government who is not strict about trip limitations to the endemic area like Jakarta, Indonesia. In the big city healthy facility are complete. But how in the small city like my hometown or in my village. My cousin who is a nurse there said that she only has 2 face masks. And she is a nurse at the hospital, the frontliners. This is too sad. Too sad. I am so worried now thinking of my family in the village. 

Btw ok back to kdrama. I will continue to watch my dramas to ease my thoughts ~,~

• Sad 5

@kokodus 

Spoiler

I went with the dead initially-everything was in afterlife/purgatory/limbo theory. When he finally jumps off it meant he has a closure and ready to move on.

I agree it was gold as long as the twisted ending aired. Maybe I would rewatch someday and digest it better

• Like 2
  • Love 3