Admin

@partyon, just for you!

Shin-Sung-Rok1.gif

Shin-Sung-Rok2.gif

I have to stop with this madness.

God help me!

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Didn't watch a single episode of The Last Empress 

I watched just 6 episodes. Thank God I stopped. I don`t want to watch a train wreck/ridiculous stuff.

I wish the revelations of Rugal would have come sooner. I would have stopped watching as well. I tend to finish what I start but I did not see it coming with Rugal. At least with The Last Empress I did not have any expectation to like it. I knew the genre.

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, larus said:

I watched just 6 episodes. Thank God I stopped. I don`t want to watch a train wreck/ridiculous stuff.

I wish the revelations of Rugal would have come sooner. I would have stopped watching as well. I tend to finish what I start but I did not see it coming with Rugal. At least with The Last Empress I did not have any expectation to like it. I knew the genre.

Yeah, if only they would have revealed things earlier, I would also drop it. Like I said, I have dropped some dramas which were actually better than this, but then some are like this, which make you feel like you wasted 16 hours of your life for nothing :isannoyed:.

As for Last Empress I actually wanted to watch it. Watched Heart Surgeons which aired in same time slot before it, watched Big Issue which followed it, but I don't remember, something came up because of which I decided to binge watch it. Good decision, checked reviews, found similar ones and didn't even try to watch its first episode :wow1:.

+2

• Like 6

last empress was a total dud of the genre; really think something happened behind the scenes because the writer basically forgot who the main character arc was. the story was supposed to be about how rocky gets his revenge and gets entangled with the queen. instead, it became a story about the villain... I have watched some of her other dramas and they were hilariously over the top. the endings made perfect sense in that world. but last empress, total waste. so traumatized that I haven't watched a jang nara drama after that......

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

last empress was a total dud of the genre; really think something happened behind the scenes because the writer basically forgot who the main character arc was. the story was supposed to be about how rocky gets his revenge and gets entangled with the queen. instead, it became a story about the villain... I have watched some of her other dramas and they were hilariously over the top. the endings made perfect sense in that world. but last empress, total waste. so traumatized that I haven't watched a jang nara drama after that......

Don't know much, but something more shocking happened, they actually extended the drama for 2 episodes, because of ratings, which is understandable. But because of it, it conflicted Choi Jin Hyuk's schedule and because of it, I read they killed him off abruptly and he was no where to be found in the last 2 episodes because of it. Extending for ratings is understandable, but if one of the ML's in not available because of it, I don't think it was wise to do it. 

I watched Jang Nara's other two works and they were fine. To me it looks like she is trying different genres and does not want to be typecast only into rom-coms. VIP was also serious one, a bit intense, and Oh My Baby was her return to rom-com. I don't know, but I wonder whether she'll try a melodrama as her next project or a Sageuk. I don't think she has acted in Sageuk yet.

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sleepy Owl ~ it wasn't that they killed off rocky in last empress that was the problem. it was the way the writer/PD did it. there was no montage. no scenes where folks talk about what he meant to them. no sad song. instead, it just moved right on. in fact, the one who missed rocky was the villain. face palm. so that totally tells me that something definitely happened and 'scheduling' was used as a polite excuse...

and as for jang nara, used to enjoy her earlier dramas but lately she seems bent on picking dramas with endings that people HATE. so once this streak is over, maybe will start watching one of her dramas again..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I have watched some of her other dramas and they were hilariously over the top. the endings made perfect sense in that world. but last empress, total waste. so traumatized

Traumatized? Even for you? OMG!

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1