Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@partyon Noona, it just shows how consistent Kdramas have been. If I were to add some points in it, they would be:

1. Eating Ramen with lover will end up in kiss as both of them will end up having the either side of same noodle and kiss after sucking it up.

2. No mater what your social status is, you are Chabeol or a part-timer in a super market or even a grim reaper having settled in the human world or literally anyone, you'll be using the latest flag ship phones of Samsung (usually) or LG and all of them being same model.

3. Going to eat pizza, will result in the character leaving the place after maybe just eating a slice of it because something comes up, very similar to not even tasting the cold coffee/coffee/tea or whatever they order (in order to promote it), and just leave without even taking sip of it.

4. Being the MC gives him the exclusive right to give piggyback to anyone starting from the FL to the second FL or even their mothers or literally anyone

5. If you are Sageuk lead, then there is high chance in either being dead on paper for being cursed enough to bring country to ruins or are a prince/princess or at the very least from a noble family, living that way for some reasons.

By the way, Good Morning Chingus 

Owl Hello GIF by Honda

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

What is key money @Sleepy Owl @Jillia ?  

Well if you google it you'll get something like this money paid to a landlordas an inducement by a person wishing to rent a property.

Let's just say it is something similar to paying money to the land lord for the key to the house. Usually it is something like an advance payment. The higher your key money, usually lower your rent becomes I guess. In most cases, the key money is returned back to the tenant, when they leave the house. 

@Jillia :Pandabulous:

30 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Sleepy Owl

I would've to check the episode again to see if the translation got messed up. However it's pretty common in Korea to pay a high key money in order to have a small rent. But let me check it and get back to you later. :D

I know it is common in Korea to pay high key money, but 50k is a lot in my opinion (at least for a small room) and not getting a small room is surprising. I have seen many translators actually mess up with the translations when it came to conversion of currency, I am more comfortable with them stating it in Korean Won, that way I can convert and check it myself. But again, if the translation is correct, then maybe the condition of real estate is quite messed up, not as bad as Tokyo's but still, and I guess in the drama the setting is in Seoul, right?

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Jillia said:

@Sleepy Owl

I think it might be a translation mistake. 5000 Dollar makes a lot more sense than 50k. With 50k, Eun Soo probably could get something better than a room on a rooftop. :D

Yeah, I mean firstly she would not have that much money, or maybe she had that much :rubchin:.

Like having 50k of savings is a lot, and as you said she could rent something much bigger and better than a rooftop room. So even I thought maybe they added one zero from their pocket :joy:.

Thanks for clearing things. :approves:

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Sleepy Owl

Judging from the state the rooftop apartment is in (in the preview Ji Min and Woo Joo help Eun Soo to clean it up) it's not even worth the 5000 Dollar key money.

I mean I had friends who moved to Korea who lived in a prettier place for less money. :lol: But then I don't think Eun Soo will stay there for long. :D 

I actually have a friend living in Korea, so I was going to ask him about it, if I would not get a proper answer for this. But yeah, Eun Soo is getting conned for paying that much money more an apartment in that condition :loolz:

But then again, as you said, her stay there won't be that long most probably

+2

• Like 3

@Min2206 ~ the key  money/deposit is a big amount; it is why in many dramas, the couple don't just get married immediately. many times, they don't have money to set up a separate apartment. so either they have to borrow from the bank or the parents which is one reason parental disapproval sort of trips these romances (daily/weekend dramas)

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@Min2206 ~ the key  money/deposit is a big amount; it is why in many dramas, the couple don't just get married immediately. many times, they don't have money to set up a separate apartment. so either they have to borrow from the bank or the parents which is one reason parental disapproval sort of trips these romances (daily/weekend dramas)

i can see the amount is kinda pretty big ... what has this got to do with parental disapproval, sorry @Lmangla

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

52 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

i can see the amount is kinda pretty big ... what has this got to do with parental disapproval, sorry @Lmangla

in many of the dramas, it is the parents funding the initial amount for the house. also read somewhere that it is actually realistic of the housing situation in korea and the reason why many couples stay in a large joint family for a few years as they cannot afford to move out. apparently you could get a loan just for the housing deposit but many couples opt to stay and build up before moving out in real life apparently...

also in some of the dramas, parents specify the type of house -- square feet (though they seem to use another measurement)... so that can cause another hurdle if they dont' have enough money to buy or rent a house. so if the couple don't have money to buy/rent a place, then obviously they still have to stay in the parents house, and they can't do that if the parents disapprove of the match. and if the parents are not funding and they don't have money of their own, again, they can't just move out despite disapproval. so this is one of the reasons that trips many young couples in the weekend/daily dramas... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1