Add and Subtract Game

Admin

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think I ask you this before, but what is your favorite subject? 

um well actually u didnt but english is prob my favorite subject (i also like health class)

#2 fav is band/choir (im a soprano in choir and in band i play the clarinet) :D

now imma go do more homework

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, larus said:

I read about Lee Sang Yoon in VIP. The people disliked the character and some of them transfered that hate on the real actor. That`s immature.

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yeah so when I found myself sort of hating Lee Sang Yoon, I realized that's how good his acting was. By hating I mean, hating seeing him in that drama, by that I'll be straightforward his face. I like this guy, watched him first in The Duo and after that I sort of watched most of dramas and liked his acting. But hating the character to the extent to get angry whenever you see him onscreen actually requires some serious acting talent. And I guess hate is the wrong word here, he sort of was annoying. I dunno whether you have watched VIP or not, but his character was expressionless for almost whole drama and his choices were annoying. You'd understand if you watched it. But yeah transferring the hate to the actor is immaturity.

I watched VIP and lots of people starting blaming and hating on Lee Sang Yeon and called him a bad actor. I've seen him in plenty of other dramas and I know he can act, so it was easy to see that he was merely acting a character that was intended to have that role. In a way, I felt kind of sorry for him because I am sure it was difficult to play emotionless for almost 16 episodes - it took real talent to do that.

But because of the drama's story line and the fact that he played a cheater, for many people the lines became blurred between his character and the actor....

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@partyon Noona, I am waiting for the list actors you don't like

Also is that how you dance while listening to Empress Ki music, in the gif you shared?

So, I'm going to say in my defense that I feel like I have a pretty good radar if a person can act or not (call it ahjumma's experience :D ). It's not always apparent immediately of course, but if you've seen a couple of dramas with them and they are lacking in the acting department, I would say that the person has room for improvement.

One recent drama was the so called Sperm Drama (Oh My Baby) - Go Joon starred in it. I hadn't really seen him previously in other dramas, but it soon became clear to me that his acting was not on the same level as Park Byung Eun's. He is not able to use small micro-expressions on his face to convey emotions, so his acting comes off as "wooden". This is quite typical of many newer actors (especially some idol actors).

I tend to avoid dramas with certain idol actors (Cha Eun Woo anyone?) .

I feel like it takes away from the enjoyment when I don't get a good performance. I'm a busy person, so if I'm going to spend 16 hours watching something, I want to be entertained... :D

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@H0ney, for me Park Shin Hye is among those actresses who really perform very well in any role. I always look forward to her dramas. She is among some actresses, who make me want to watch the drama just because they are acting in it. But yeah, we all have our own preferences.

She can't kiss though.... :D

41 minutes ago, mirmz said:

hi big sis @partyon!

Hey lil sis! :kiss_wink: How's it going?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Just now, mirmz said:

pretty good, just doing the rest of my homework for the day. 

how r u big sis?

I've been really busy this week - and will continue to be busy for one more week.

I was just about to go to the weekly meme thread and post some memes. Did you post a lot? :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

I watched VIP and lots of people starting blaming and hating on Lee Sang Yeon and called him a bad actor. I've seen him in plenty of other dramas and I know he can act, so it was easy to see that he was merely acting a character that was intended to have that role. In a way, I felt kind of sorry for him because I am sure it was difficult to play emotionless for almost 16 episodes - it took real talent to do that.

But because of the drama's story line and the fact that he played a cheater, for many people the lines became blurred between his character and the actor....

So, I'm going to say in my defense that I feel like I have a pretty good radar if a person can act or not (call it ahjumma's experience :D ). It's not always apparent immediately of course, but if you've seen a couple of dramas with them and they are lacking in the acting department, I would say that the person has room for improvement.

One recent drama was the so called Sperm Drama (Oh My Baby) - Go Joon starred in it. I hadn't really seen him previously in other dramas, but it soon became clear to me that his acting was not on the same level as Park Byung Eun's. He is not able to use small micro-expressions on his face to convey emotions, so his acting comes off as "wooden". This is quite typical of many newer actors (especially some idol actors).

I tend to avoid dramas with certain idol actors (Cha Eun Woo anyone?) .

I feel like it takes away from the enjoyment when I don't get a good performance. I'm a busy person, so if I'm going to spend 16 hours watching something, I want to be entertained... :D

She can't kiss though.... :D

Noona, your Dongsaeng wants a list of actor/actresses you don't like:please:.

As for Lee Sang Yoon's acting, he really did a good job acting that expressionless through out drama. It's not exactly bad acting, that's how the character was. As for Go Joon, this dude usually does negative roles and had been doing some gangster roles (like in Fiery Priest), this was his first rom-com, so I kinda decided to look over and watched the drama. Well You know, this dongsaeng can't really ignore Jang Nara :fullofhearts:.

Yes Park Shin Hye is not a good kisser, and I too sort of don't like Cha Eun Woo's acting. Saw him Gangnam Beauty and was not impressed by his acting. 

+2

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Noona, your Dongsaeng wants a list of actor/actresses you don't like

LMAO - it would probably be easier to make a list of the people whose acting I like.... :D Just kidding....

Here are some examples:

Suzy, Cha Eun Woo, LMH , Lee Hong Ki, Jung In Sun, So Ji Sub doesn't impress me either (I have watched many of his dramas... :D )

Eric (even though he starred i one of my favorite dramas)

Lee Soo Hyuk

+ a big list of idol actors :D

Anyone seen Victoria act?  :D  LMAO about the leg lift!

vic4.gif

What about you?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

LMAO - it would probably be easier to make a list of the people whose acting I like.... :D Just kidding....

Here are some examples:

Suzy, Cha Eun Woo, LMH , Lee Hong Ki, Jung In Sun, So Ji Sub doesn't impress me either (I have watched many of his dramas... :D )

Eric (even though he starred i one of my favorite dramas)

Lee Soo Hyuk

+ a big list of idol actors :D

What about you?

Almost everyone in the same list. 

especially LMH. that does not stop me from watching his dramas. That's because he does them with some really talented actresses of course, and some nice plot ahem not TKEM ahem. I also don't like Lim Ji Yeon's acting. she was horrible in Welcome 2 life. Kwon Yuri too, although she has shown improvement. I didn't also like Oh Yeon Seo's acting, but she has also improved a lot.

And well as you said, many idol actors/actresses. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

As for Go Joon, this dude usually does negative roles and had been doing some gangster roles (like in Fiery Priest), this was his first rom-com, so I kinda decided to look over and watched the drama.

I noticed him the first time in Misty but it was not the first drama I saw him. It was a short role but I like him there. I am curious how he will do  in the next drama with Cho Yeo jeong. It is a rom com also.

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

d I too sort of don't like Cha Eun Woo's acting.

I don`t know who he is. I can not say anything about his acting.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, larus said:

I noticed him the first time in Misty but it was not the first drama I saw him. It was a short role but I like him there. I am curious how he will do  in the next drama with Cho Yeo jeong. It is a rom com also.

I don`t know who he is. I can not say anything about his acting.

I also first saw him Misty, it was a short role, but he did it well. Same with Fiery Priest one. But in Oh My Baby, to me his acting was just fine. It is understandable though, he just suddenly switched from villain to rom-com ML. So if we see it that way, it was acceptable. I am also looking forward to his drama with Cho Yeo Jeong.

As for Cha Eun Woo he was ML in Gangnam Beauty and Rookie Historian. I watched the former one and didn't like his acting much. 

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I also first saw him Misty, it was a short role, but he did it well. Same with Fiery Priest one. But in Oh My Baby, to me his acting was just fine. It is understandable though, he just suddenly switched from villain to rom-com ML. So if we see it that way, it was acceptable. I am also looking forward to his drama with Cho Yeo Jeong.

It was not the first time I saw him in a drama. It was the first time I noticed him. :D I watched him in drama The Good Wife but I admit I don`t remember his role there. In May or June I rewatched Dr Champ (I don`t rewatched kdramas but it happened) and I saw him in a cameo and I say out loud: Go Joon! It was his debut as an actor. Of course, I did not know who he was when I fist saw him. I watched him in Fiery Priest also.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I see that there is VIU version sub on subscene for the 12th episode. So looks like we can now watch the subbed episode of FOE ep 12

Thanks but it is almost midnight here and I am tired. I will watch tomorrow.

Good night, everybody!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, H0ney said:

@Sleepy Owl I understand you. But in my country it is our culture and tradition to not open our mouths like that. So when I watch a drama and PSY always opens her mouth like that, I don’t feel like I want to watch her. 

Hyun Bin oppa is HANDSOME but I don’t watch memories of alhambra because of PSY. All of my kdrama friends in here also do not watch PSY they said her acting is flat. When she actings sad cry happy in love surprised shocked dying her facial expression only 1 (plus she always opens her mouth like that) 

after reading the first line of your post, I thought you were talking to me saying not to open mouths like that, because I said i don't like LMH's acting and I was like :sweating:.

But when I read your whole post, I felt relived and was something like this :piggydance:.

Anyway, she looks pretty to me and so her acting is fine, but as you said, she has some open mouth problem and that must be one of the reasons you don't like her. Understood :approves:.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1