• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

• partyon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. the real night sky.  to a team add @Ernie @Min2206  @4evrkdrama @Catleya    @sadthe1st @cenching   @MayanEcho @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl  @joccu @pompyavi @Nodame    @J

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, larus said:

Never tasted a ginseng juice/extract before. How is it?

Hi @larus, basically I like ginseng in any form be it whether it's ginseng roots, ginseng powder or ginseng tea. My current favourite is the Korean red ginseng extract which has a slightly thickened liquid texture and I love its bittersweet taste. Ginseng helps to relieve my fatigue and boost my immunity too. :approves:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I remember reading about Lena Headey saying in an interview that people used to ignore her and not ask for photos or photographs from her in the comic-cons or other events because they hated her  for the role of Cersei, and she said that, it was the moment when she realized that she was successful in doing that role. So if we even start hating the artist for the role they did, it means that they were really successful in making us believe about them being the baddie. 

I can understand to not be fond of an actor/ actresses or not liking their acting style but to hate an actor or an actresses for their role is something I can`t understand. A role is an act of fiction.

I watched actress Ku Hye-Sun in The Musical only. I admit that I did not like her much in that role. I kind of avoided her dramas. I watched some scenes of drama Blood (because there were some negative buzz about it) and I did not changed my opinion about her acting. But I don`t have anything against the real person. I will/can watch her other drama if I will find the plot interesting/ something that interests me.

Another actor that I avoided for a while was Song Seung-Heon. I saw him the first time in Dr Jin. I don`t have an intense emotional respons watching kdramas. I watch somehow detached (objective) everything. But Dr Jin was my only drama that I hated with a passion. :w00t: Even my recent experience with drama Rugal who was a waste of my time did not create the same emotional response. I tried to explain why I felt that way. I liked the original Japanese drama and I had expectations. I felt that the Korean version butchered the drama I once liked. He did not make a good role in my opinion in Dr Jin and I associated the dislike for the drama and his acting after that. But I never disliked the real person.  I found him handsome and humble in his interviews. I tried his other drama next year, When A Man Loves. I dropped the drama (I lost interest in the plot, i don`treally  remember why) but not because of him. I even enjoyed his performance in Black and Dinner Mate, the other two dramas I saw him in.

I am not too fond of some idol turn actors overnight but I can watch them with an open mind.

I am glad that I don`t have any dislikes that will make me drop a drama because of that. But, in a way, I envy other people who can be passionate about a drama.  It is a rare case for me. :D

I read about Lee Sang Yoon in VIP. The people disliked the character and some of them transfered that hate on the real actor. That`s immature.

I remember how Kim So yeon received hate for her very succesful villainess in All About Eve. I read comments admiting to hate to see her face after 20 years of that role. At that time, the network received many requests to remove her from the drama because they could not stand her evilness. Or people telling her to not act nice  (they thought she is not a nice person in reality). :lol: Of course, for them that was wonderful news because the villainess kept the audience interested in the drama. 

There are many exemples actors receiving hate but there are some funny moments as well.

The actor Lee Pil Mo talked about a moment when he went to a restaurant after shooting. He had the same hair as his character in the drama (the second in command, the president`s right hand of something), changed his clothes and went to a restaurant. The elderly owner was surpised to see him, call all the staff in the kitchen and made them stand in line to greed him. :w00t: He really thought an important man was in his restaurant. That`s how engrossed they were in the drama. Again, I can`t be like that. I know very well it is a fiction. Maybe that`s why I never ship anyone. I never root for a couple outside the drama. I don`t know how it is to be a shipper. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
29 minutes ago, MinLyn said:

Hi @larus, basically I like ginseng in any form be it whether it's ginseng roots, ginseng powder or ginseng tea. My current favourite is the Korean red ginseng extract which has a slightly thickened liquid texture and I love its bittersweet taste. Ginseng helps to relieve my fatigue and boost my immunity too.

I wish I will eat ginseng. I will try to find some in any form it is abvailable here.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
22 minutes ago, larus said:

I can understand to not be fond of an actor/ actresses or not liking their acting style but to hate an actor or an actresses for their role is something I can`t understand. A role is an act of fiction.

I watched actress Ku Hye-Sun in The Musical only. I admit that I did not like her much in that role. I kind of avoided her dramas. I watched some scenes of drama Blood (because there were some negative buzz about it) and I did not changed my opinion about her acting. But I don`t have anything against the real person. I will/can watch her other drama if I will find the plot interesting/ something that interests me.

Another actor that I avoided for a while was Song Seung-Heon. I saw him the first time in Dr Jin. I don`t have an intense emotional respons watching kdramas. I watch somehow detached (objective) everything. But Dr Jin was my only drama that I hated with a passion. :w00t: Even my recent experience with drama Rugal who was a waste of my time did not create the same emotional response. I tried to explain why I felt that way. I liked the original Japanese drama and I had expectations. I felt that the Korean version butchered the drama I once liked. He did not make a good role in my opinion in Dr Jin and I associated the dislike for the drama and his acting after that. But I never disliked the real person.  I found him handsome and humble in his interviews. I tried his other drama next year, When A Man Loves. I dropped the drama (I lost interest in the plot, i don`treally  remember why) but not because of him. I even enjoyed his performance in Black and Dinner Mate, the other two dramas I saw him in.

I am not too fond of some idol turn actors overnight but I can watch them with an open mind.

I am glad that I don`t have any dislikes that will make me drop a drama because of that. But, in a way, I envy other people who can be passionate about a drama.  It is a rare case for me. :D

I read about Lee Sang Yoon in VIP. The people disliked the character and some of them transfered that hate on the real actor. That`s immature.

I remember how Kim So yeon received hate for her very succesful villainess in All About Eve. I read comments admiting to hate to see her face after 20 years of that role. At that time, the network received many requests to remove her from the drama because they could not stand her evilness. Or people telling her to not act nice  (they thought she is not a nice person in reality). :lol: Of course, for them that was wonderful news because the villainess kept the audience interested in the drama. 

There are many exemples actors receiving hate but there are some funny moments as well.

The actor Lee Pil Mo talked about a moment when he went to a restaurant after shooting. He had the same hair as his character in the drama (the second in command, the president`s right hand of something), changed his clothes and went to a restaurant. The elderly owner was surpised to see him, call all the staff in the kitchen and made them stand in line to greed him. :w00t: He really thought an important man was in his restaurant. That`s how engrossed they were in the drama. Again, I can`t be like that. I know very well it is a fiction. Maybe that`s why I never ship anyone. I never root for a couple outside the drama. I don`t know how it is to be a shipper. :D

Yeah so when I found myself sort of hating Lee Sang Yoon, I realized that's how good his acting was. By hating I mean, hating seeing him in that drama, by that I'll be straightforward his face. I like this guy, watched him first in The Duo and after that I sort of watched most of dramas and liked his acting. But hating the character to the extent to get angry whenever you see him onscreen actually requires some serious acting talent. And I guess hate is the wrong word here, he sort of was annoying. I dunno whether you have watched VIP or not, but his character was expressionless for almost whole drama and his choices were annoying. You'd understand if you watched it. But yeah transferring the hate to the actor is immaturity.

I saw Ku Hye Sun's blood, and yes her acting was below par in it too. Didn't watch any other drama of hers. As for Dr. Jin, I dropped it halfway through :lol:. Could not really take it and the story was not that good. Had read some really good reviews from the Japanese version of it which the original one, but yes this drama was sort of not upto the mark at least for me. But I have liked his other dramas. Player was good, and so was Dinner Mate (didn't complete it though, have to finish it). Black was fine, but it didn't really live upto my expectations. I forced myself to finish it. Although his acting was good in it.

As for idols turning actors. I have seen Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri. They really were bad in acting back then. They have improved though through the years. But I don't think I have dropped a drama just because I didn't like a character or any artist from it. Me dropping a drama is purely based on its plot and direction. Mainly on the plot though. 

Also I heard about Kim So Yeon receiving hate for her role in All about Eve. Didn't watch it though.

As for being a shipper, I have hardly been one. Not at all for any real life celeb couples. And I don't know when was the last time I shipped any characters in drama as such. I did though wish for main couple in Graceful friends to solve their problems and stay together. Don't know whether it is called shipping or not. I really don't think I have any shipping in dramas though.

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

51 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I dunno whether you have watched VIP or not, but his character was expressionless for almost whole drama and his choices were annoying. You'd understand if you watched it. But yeah transferring the hate to the actor is immaturity.

I did not watch VIP. I understand to hate or be annoyed by a character/ his choices that want to smack his face but I think this stopped when you saw the actor in real life. Yes, when an actor can make the viewers to dislike a certain character it means he did a good job. Sometimes we can see how some actors can`t do a good job with the character they play but why hate the person?

Also I heard about Kim So Yeon receiving hate for her role in All about Eve. Didn't watch it though.

I did not watch the drama (the genre is not my cup of tea) either but I watched her scenes and read about the drama. She played a classic villainess who does a lot of terrible things to the nice heroine. This year she will have a similar character again, after 20 years. I am curious if her new character will reach the same popularity.

I did though wish for main couple in Graceful friends to solve their problems and stay together. Don't know whether it is called shipping or not.

No, that`s not `shipping`. :D

27 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also is that how you dance while listening to Empress Ki music, in the gif you shared? 

I watched 18 episodes of Empress Ki but I don`t remember the music. It was that odd?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, larus said:

I did not watch VIP. I understand to hate or be annoyed by a character/ his choices that want to smack his face but I think this stopped when you saw the actor in real life. Yes, when an actor can make the viewers to dislike a certain character it means he did a good job. Sometimes we can see how some actors can`t do a good job with the character they play but why hate the person?

Yeah a lot of actors are being seen getting the hate because of the roles they did. Which is odd, but can't really help people from feeling that way. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

I did not watch the drama (the genre is not my cup of tea) either but I watched her scenes and read about the drama. She played a classic villainess who does a lot of terrible things to the nice heroine. This year she will have a similar character again, after 20 years. I am curious if her new character will reach the same popularity.

I heard about it too. Let's see, but even I didn't watch that drama because I usually don't go for those types of plots.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I watched 18 episodes of Empress Ki but I don`t remember the music. It was that odd?

Are watching with us? OR did you drop at 18 episodes back then? Yes the music is very much odd, especially those used in battle/fight scenes. For me the overall music of the drama has been really below par, considering the popularity of the drama.

@H0ney, for me Park Shin Hye is among those actresses who really perform very well in any role. I always look forward to her dramas. She is among some actresses, who make me want to watch the drama just because they are acting in it. But yeah, we all have our own preferences. 

@mirmz :Pandabulous:

+2

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game