Quantcast
Update #8 is being installed. Temporary service outage is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience. ×
Update #8 is being installed. Temporary service outage is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
angelangie

Add and Subtract Game

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@cenching, I had heard traditionally that the three cultures have different preferences for chopsticks, but growing up in the US albeit from a Korean background, and having spent time in all 3 countries, I have to say I don’t really notice the differences that much. Any pair of chopsticks is fine with me since I like them the best of the eating utensils.  I think the only pair of chopsticks that I have that are noticeably different are my “frying” chopsticks since those are extra long and made of wood. My other pairs are a mix of materials and styles and artistic designs.

+2

It's more on the shapes actually nothing major. As a Chinese myself, I use all 3 kinds of chopsticks depending upon the foods.....:glasses: Chinese one is bigger, blunt and more squarish on the tips so it's best to use for eating noodles (mine made from porcelain and wood). While the Japanese one is pointed and bigger than the Korean one so it's great to use for fish (mine made from lacquered wood). Tbh, I found Korean chopsticks bit difficult to maneuvered because of the slim shaped and the stainless steel material is slippery as hell for noodle.....:joy: But I used it for eating Korean foods like Bibimbap...:joy: My family used it for competition, who can get the more peanuts win....:glasses:

Should we eat pizza with chopsticks??? (D&G everyone??? :skull:)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

All this chopstick talk is totally lost on me. LOL. Never have I ever used them. 

Naan, paratha, dosa, or chapati are best with hands....:glasses: Long time ago, someone in my place attempted of putting up an al fresco Indian Restaurant completed with sparkling china, spoon and fork plus candles....:joy: I was just arrived in PH after living in Msia and Brunei for years, I laughed to death when I saw that Taj Mahal Restaurant. Well, it didn’t last long, it closed down in less than a year... Indian food is best eating with hands, just like Indonesian food.

+2

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, kokodus said:

All this chopstick talk is totally lost on me. LOL. Never have I ever used them. 

Lol! Due to nCoV scare, my friends and I were forced to use chopstick last, last week :sweatingbullets:. We requested for a spoon-and-fork combo but they insisted on chopstick. it wasn't bad ... but the struggle was real :grimace:

20 minutes ago, cenching said:

I laughed to death when I saw that Taj Mahal Restaurant. Well, it didn’t last long, it closed down in less than a year... Indian food is best eating with hands, just like Indonesian food.

@cenching, what do they offer? this Taj Mahal resto ... in our place, Korean restaurants and meat shops are sprouting everywhere and is swarmed with people, day and night :joy:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@cenching Hahaha I laughed out loud when I read the name of the restaurant. Taj Mahal restaurant. So tacky. LOL. 

@thanie using spoon and forks will spread nCOV? How? I don't understand. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

i guess it meant, if the infected use the utensils and if you touch it, you will get it.

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sushimi said:

i guess it meant, if the infected use the utensils and if you touch it, you will get it.

+2

maybe if u share the utensils, however if new one it should be infected, unless they are put together in the common area where the infected person had touch the package and the uninfected person happen to go for the same batch

• Like 3
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, thanie said:

@cenching, what do they offer? this Taj Mahal resto ... in our place, Korean restaurants and meat shops are sprouting everywhere and is swarmed with people, day and night :joy:

Indian food...Are you in Cebu? Cebu got the best restaurant for Indian food. I forgot the name but they have Belly Dancing during the weekdays. I was like, isn’t belly dance Middle Eastern Persian to be exact??? :joy: But the food is superb and expensive. We were 4 adults with 4 kids and it cost 7K for dinner...

Korean BBQ place is sprouting like mushrooms after rainy day in my place too...

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@cenching Hahaha I laughed out loud when I read the name of the restaurant. Taj Mahal restaurant. So tacky. LOL. 

@kokodus believe me, I don't understand either.  :ph34r: but you know, we didn't ask that question to the waiter who handed us the chopstick. We just obliged. Better safe than sorry ... 

It happened when an investigation about that infected Chinese couple from Wuhan, (China) was ongoing. The wife survived (she recovered from the infection) but the husband died. Authorities were back tracing which part of the Visayas area have they visited so far -- from hotels, to restaurants, and even resorts. It was reported that some of the resort staffs where they have checked-in got infected and quarantined. And authorities refused to disclosed those places in public ... 

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, thanie said:

@kokodus believe me, I don't understand either.  :ph34r: but you know, we didn't ask that question to the waiter who handed us the chopstick. We just obliged. Better safe than sorry ... 

+2

then my guess is better bring some wet tissues along to disinfect :x

• Like 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, cenching said:

It's more on the shapes actually nothing major. As a Chinese myself, I use all 3 kinds of chopsticks depending upon the foods.....:glasses: Chinese one is bigger, blunt and more squarish on the tips so it's best to use for eating noodles (mine made from porcelain and wood). While the Japanese one is pointed and bigger than the Korean one so it's great to use for fish (mine made from lacquered wood). Tbh, I found Korean chopsticks bit difficult to maneuvered because of the slim shaped and the stainless steel material is slippery as hell for noodle.....:joy: But I used it for eating Korean foods like Bibimbap...:joy: My family used it for competition, who can get the more peanuts win....:glasses:

Should we eat pizza with chopsticks??? (D&G everyone??? :skull:)

Now that I think of it, I do have a lot of slim metal ones as well. I eat noodles with them all the time. Naeng myun (cold noodle in broth) is my favorite.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Indispensable those extra long chopsticks.  Saves my hands from oil spatters...ouch!

Totally! 

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Now that I think of it, I do have a lot of slim metal ones as well. I eat noodles with them all the time. Naeng myun (cold noodle in broth) is my favorite.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 shapes of Korean chopsticks that I encountered both made of stainless steel....One is rounded and pointy, another is flat thin and pointy. This flat thin one is a tortured to used for me.....My hand was aching after meals....:skull:

Chinese rarely use metal for chopsticks, during olden days bamboo and wood were for peasant while ivory and jade were for the rich. Only The Emperor used the silver one to detected poison in the food.

@angelangie @kokodus

Non Chinese/Korean/Japanese restaurants in PH don't have chopsticks ready. PH uses lots of disposable spoon and forks in restaurant too. I think  @thanie meant the disposable wrapped in plastic kind of chopsticks.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

4 hours ago, cenching said:

@nohamahamoud2002 @triplem

I am a pro in wielding chopsticks too...:glasses: I cook with chopsticks. Chopsticks is the best to use for eating fish. Eating chicken with chopsticks is a piece of cake...:glasses: 

Take note that Chinese, Korean and Japanese have different kinds of chopsticks

To me chopsticks are just two sticks, which I can't use, whether Chinese, Korean or Japanese :D

+2

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 shapes of Korean chopsticks that I encountered both made of stainless steel....One is rounded and pointy, another is flat thin and pointy. This flat thin one is a tortured to used for me.....My hand was aching after meals....:skull:

Chinese rarely use metal for chopsticks, during olden days bamboo and wood were for peasant while ivory and jade were for the rich. Only The Emperor used the silver one to detected poison in the food.

@angelangie @kokodus

Non Chinese/Korean/Japanese restaurants in PH don't have chopsticks ready. PH uses lots of disposable spoon and forks in restaurant too. I think  @thanie meant the disposable wrapped in plastic kind of chopsticks.

+2

i see.....

• Like 2
  • Love 1