Quantcast
Update #8 is being installed. Temporary service outage is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience. ×
Update #8 is being installed. Temporary service outage is expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
angelangie

Add and Subtract Game

25 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

They are tooooo elegant :joy: I won't be surprised if they use chopsticks lol

+2 

I know right?!? Indian eating is all about getting messy with your hands and everything. LOL. 

• LOL 6

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am curious; do share vid!

The kiss is longer than this clip. You just have to watch the end of the last episode.

+2

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

How can they eat tandoori chicken with dal? That is not a thing right? LOL. 

so he eats tandoori chicken with butter chicken gravy. the gravy doesn't look that great but it is a fair combination. after all, butter chicken is nothing but left over tandoori chicken + tomato gravy... then he has kebab + dal which does look odd but since it is going into one stomach, all okay? hahahah... but seriously, we usually order one veg gravy along with non veg stuff. so maybe that is the idea? I was actually wondering what on earth is that rice because the colour looks like tomato rice or something..

• LOL 4

@Lmangla hahaha yeah the rice looks weird. Some kind of schezwan rice maybe? Or just tomato rice as you said. I don't even have the habit of having dal with chappathi. Only with rice I like dal. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, triplem said:

@cenching managed thy expectations with the plot & cliches galore for Forest . With the right viewing lens , it is enjoyable. But I agree with @nrllee despite the drama throwing every trope they can making it a bit of a wild ride , there’s something in the quieter moments btwn the OTP that keeps me there . PHJ’s character is interesting as he seems to have dual ( triple ) personalities but he does it so well , that I’m thoroughly entertained. Actually according to @stroppyse the lines are actually very deep  that I believe the Translators hv difficultly getting the right words to convey the nuanced dialogue. 

The dialog in Forest is such that I think it really does have to be a native speaker who has a good grasp of English (or other target language) in order to translate properly. And, it's really PHJ's character dialogue that's challenging. He's supposed to be this brilliant person who is just very good at everything and has a lot of talents as well as some deep traumas. The dialogue actually reflects his intellect, even in his word choices and the way he phrases things. Plus, the dialogue is frequently fast almost like an Aaron Sorkin drama, for anyone familiar with his works. I find it refreshing and fun actually since a lot of the time the genius character is just a genius because we're told he's genius, but his/her lines are still pretty simple.

The thing is that you can actually get the gist of what they're saying by context, even if not all of the vocabulary is familiar, but I can see why it might be challenging to put a team together to translate it.

As for the plot, that does feel as if it's a bit everywhere. They just have a lot going on that they're not really cultivating that well, nor showing us how they're related, if they are related.

Still, I rather love PHJ in Forest with his genius, his tsundere, but also his petty jealousies and bits of goofiness.

+2

• Love 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

First time: you watch alone

Second time: you watch with your partner

Third time: you put what you have learned into practice :mrgreen:

+2

Oh, plueseee....Scratch off third time if you watch second time with your partner...,:joy::naughty:

+2

• LOL 3

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

I know right?!? Indian eating is all about getting messy with your hands and everything. LOL. 

Yes lol. But to be fair, in an Indian program, I think the actor was Jackie Shroff, was saying that there is a connection between the finger tips and taste buds, that is why they eat with the fingers directly :) 

But really how will they eat chicken with chopsticks if it has bones? Lol

+2

Edited by nohamahamoud2002
Correction
  • LOL 4

On 2/16/2020 at 12:27 AM, Lawyerh said:

@mouse007 @angelangie suddenly I cant find sub Find Yourself. Seems they removed with eng sub? Cos couple days ago i saw it. I cleared my kdrama... i want to watch this but cant find it :confounded:

where are you watching it? It’s available on Netflix. 

16 hours ago, angelangie said:

i already finish the whole drama :x 

whoah!! You came out of nowhere!! Lol I’m glad you watched it. 

PS:

I, for one, really enjoyed CLoY. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, cenching said:

Oh, plueseee....Scratch off third time if you watch second time with your partner...,:joy::naughty:

+2

Okay so here is the revised steps :mrgreen::

First time: you watch alone

Second time: you watch with your partner and put it into practice

Third time: you put what you have learned into practice  repeat step 2 until satisfied

+2

• LOL 4

I really feel a bit sad, I was writing my opinion in one of the threads, a person attacked me describing me as rigid and unforgiving, when I was just being theoritical. I admit that I don't have much experience in the subject, but she could have replied more politely. 

When I tried to defend myself and wrote her a private message, she asked me where I am from, when I told her, she didn't answer back and the message status was "read". I know now why many people don't mention their location. :(

+2

• Sad 2

@nohamahamoud2002 opinions are just that.  Opinions.  I wouldn’t take it too personally.  A lot of the time the person has already taken it personally by responding the way they did to you (they have read your opinion with a personal filter on) so to try to explain it to them otherwise is often a lost cause.  Usually (I do this often :blink:) if I suspect I have touched a raw nerve, I just apologize (publicly) in the thread (it’s generally something very brief like “I am sorry I have offended you XXX but it was not my intent”) and then move on because it was not my intent to hurt.  I find that usually the more vehemently they’ve responded to you, chances are the hurt they are dealing with is just as deep.  And by and large the fault isn’t yours (or your opinion).  Your opinion merely acted as a valve release for them to vent.  So I apologize and walk away.  I am not their psychologist.  And I leave it with the other party.  As soon as I try to defend myself, it means the ball is still in my court to deal with?  BUT as soon as I apologize, I have tossed the ball back in their court and it’s their problem to deal with.  They can choose to forgive and move on or hold onto the grudge.

@Lawyerh I will be tuning in to Brown Eyes Oppa’s drama with PMY despite my misgivings.  To be honest he’s a good actor but I have never really put him on my Oppa list :lol: (even before the CITT kerfuffle with PHJ).  That’s why I dropped Watcher initially.  I went back to binge watch it for Han SukKyu and Kim HyunJoo in the end.

And yes to @stroppyse regarding Forest.  It’s the dialogue between the OTP (their moments of clarity, NOT the aegyo or the banter) that’s keeping me invested.  That and the delivery of the dialogue by PHJ.  The words on the script are only as good as the delivery.  He has a knack of knowing when to pause, when to lean in, when to provide subtle inflections to add to the impact. That’s artistic talent.  I think that’s why I never bought for one moment that he was some psychopath in CITT in spite of all the context scenes that the PD left out that skewed his character portrayal to the audience.  He was capable of seeding that doubt in my mind that he is harboring a deeper hurt and was conflicted.  In fact if you actually read his analysis after CITT, he wasn’t talking about air time or the fact that his character didn’t appear in the final episodes.  It was all about those scenes that he had filmed which provided context that were left out which irked him.  As an artist, you have a vision of the character you portray and you bring that character alive in the screen.  You trust that the PD would enhance that portrayal with lighting, mood, background scenes etc.  You would feel horribly betrayed (and he was) if that PD opted to remove those scenes and paint your character in a completely different light as a result.  It’s all about the character.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@nrllee the person I referred to says she is a therapist. So she just assumed I am bad on her own when she does not even know me :huh:

I told her in a private message about the reasons why she should not judge me. She relented for one minute and even seemed understanding then suddenly asked me where I am from. As soon as she knew, she didn't reply again :huh:. Strange, right? 

I recently consulted a very nice British therapist online, after going through a bad experience that affected me, she was so calm, cheerful,  positive, polite and helpful. She knew where I came from and still talked so kindly. But then not all the people are the same 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

the person I referred to says she is a therapist. So she just assumed I am bad on her own when she does not even know me 

So strange to do that online.  That’s her opinion then.  Don’t let it worry you.  One person’s opinion (even if she does claim to be a “professional”) doesn’t define you.  Take what you want from her opinion and move on.  You know yourself best (you and God).  :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

So strange to do that online.  That’s her opinion then.  Don’t let it worry you.  One person’s opinion (even if she does claim to be a “professional”) doesn’t define you.  Take what you want from her opinion and move on.  You know yourself best (you and God).  :).

Thank you :wub: I just needed to remember that soompi is a good forum by talking to nice people like you, because some members get aggressive for no reason, while it is not even worth it.

+2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

And yes to @stroppyse regarding Forest.  It’s the dialogue between the OTP (their moments of clarity, NOT the aegyo or the banter) that’s keeping me invested.  That and the delivery of the dialogue by PHJ.  The words on the script are only as good as the delivery.  He has a knack of knowing when to pause, when to lean in, when to provide subtle inflections to add to the impact. That’s artistic talent.  I think that’s why I never bought for one moment that he was some psychopath in CITT in spite of all the context scenes that the PD left out that skewed his character portrayal to the audience.  He was capable of seeding that doubt in my mind that he is harboring a deeper hurt and was conflicted.  In fact if you actually read his analysis after CITT, he wasn’t talking about air time or the fact that his character didn’t appear in the final episodes.  It was all about those scenes that he had filmed which provided context that were left out which irked him.  As an artist, you have a vision of the character you portray and you bring that character alive in the screen.  You trust that the PD would enhance that portrayal with lighting, mood, background scenes etc.  You would feel horribly betrayed (and he was) if that PD opted to remove those scenes and paint your character in a completely different light as a result.  It’s all about the character.

I didn't finish watching CITT because it started skewing weirdly for me, even though I really liked the beginning of it. Plus, I got bored of seeing the 2nd ML play the piano. I wasn't a total fan of the 2nd ML's character interpretation to start with, so the fact that there were so many shots of him brooding at the piano for no reason pretty much ruined that drama for me. The 2nd ML was a good looking guy, but he was a total newbie actor, if I remember correctly, and showed it.

Anyway. I did read that there was a difference between the actor and the director regarding the character of YJ Sunbae, and that PHJ had actually filmed a lot that ended up being cut from the final drama. It happens.

I agree with you on PHJ's knack of effective line delivery that keeps him totally in character, regardless of which role he's playing.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I recently consulted a very nice British therapist online, after going through a bad experience that affected me, she was so calm, cheerful,  positive, polite and helpful. She knew where I came from and still talked so kindly. But then not all the people are the same 

I'm not sure what knowing where you're from has to do with the other person having (or not having) good manners. :) But, I didn't really catch this conversation, so I'm just butting in. Sorry! :D

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I didn't finish watching CITT because it started skewing weirdly for me, even though I really liked the beginning of it. Plus, I got bored of seeing the 2nd ML play the piano. I wasn't a total fan of the 2nd ML's character interpretation to start with, so the fact that there were so many shots of him brooding at the piano for no reason pretty much ruined that drama for me. The 2nd ML was a good looking guy, but he was a total newbie actor, if I remember correctly, and showed it.

I agree.  2ML’s character was straightforward and needed no context explanation - he wore his heart on his sleeve.  So to have him in so many superfluous scenes in the end made no sense? PHJ’s character was very layered.  What you saw wasn’t the full story so he needed that childhood backstory to provide the context for his actions.  Personally I think because the PD was a lady and the webtoon writer was also a lady, I am guessing (pure conjecture) that their differences played out real time in the drama and SKJ and PHJ were just inadvertently caught in the middle.  There was a standoff after Ep6 between P.D. and the webtoon writer.  Women (gross generalisation here) do tend to feel slighted more easily than men and they do this undercurrent animosity thing (often veiled and covert) and act it out in less than obvious ways.  Men just have it out and fight openly (usually).  PHJ read the webtoon so he was true to the writer’s portrayal of the character.  PD for some reason decided to remove context scenes which were already filmed (it’s not even in the DVD as deleted scenes?) and elevate 2ML to almost 1ML (even giving him scenes that were actually 1ML’s scenes in the webtoon?).  It just got very strange towards the end.  Everyone had an epilogue bar PHJ’s character.  That was weird.  

• Like 3