Add and Subtract Game

Admin

23 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You must at least understood one thing about me Noona, I rarely drop dramas. So I didn't drop this one too. I would just fast forward all the scenes in which both leads were. Why? Because they not even for a single time spoke about something useful. I did go back to a couple of scenes to see maybe I was wrong. I was not. It was the same all time. Following same drill. FL crying like hell after seeing ML. I mean I know she would see him after after some weeks or even month, but that was fine once or twice. I lost my mind when I would just see crying. And ML with his cheeky dialogues. I just watched the drama trying to see how they would explain parallel worlds theory and all, but nothing. Ended abruptly. I mean they didn't even talk a single time about something useful, the leads. Like he is a king, she a cop, cases are happening regarding people from both world, they care about cheeky romantic dialogues and only going to eat those fried chicken (who I dunno paid how much to them for promoting them????). The way they would promote items was more smart than the story was being told. Sometimes I would think I was watching 1 Hr long commercials for different items with a little story.  

The only good thing of that drama was Woo Do Hwan's acting and that male detective's . Nothing else. They portrayed the villain as some very cunning person, only to show him like for a couple minutes per episode. 

I have watched a lot of rom-coms alot of dramas heavily filled with romances, but non of them felt so cringy as this one. Let me tell you, if you remove Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho's screentime together, you are gonna lose very less from the main story. Its like their romance was filler. Utter disappointment for me. 

PS: That's just my opinion. If you liked the drama you liked the drama. 

Wow, you’re like @larus then! She rarely drops dramas. 

I heard many others say the same thing about TKEM, but I think some people here really liked the drama though?

I actually dropped the drama because of the same

reasons you listed above. The writing and character development was sloppy in my opinion, and it was a mystery to me that it was a Kim Eun Sook drama. Guess her assistant writers who quit before TKEM really were the ones who were experts in witty dialogue.

Also, I had issues with the acting as well. I will not go into more detail on that one... :D You can put one plus one together, I guess. Lol

Which dramas have you actually dropped?

PS. I think I am a bit different from others on Soompi because rom-coms and romance dramas are not my favorite. :D 

I am more of a psychological thrillers, witty comedies, melodrama type of person... For me the plot and story is everything.

I won’t watch a drama with my oppas if the story sounds stupid.

Choi Jin Hyuk, I am looking at you.... :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

I really hope you have a wonderful day in school despite it being Monday! 

thanks big sis 

btw i changed the meme theme yesterday cuz i didnt want to today

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wow, you’re like @larus then! She rarely drops dramas. 

I heard many others say the same thing about TKEM, but I think some people here really liked the drama though?

I actually dropped the drama because of the same

reasons you listed above. The writing and character development was sloppy in my opinion, and it was a mystery to me that it was a Kim Eun Sook drama. Guess her assistant writers who quit before TKEM really were the ones who were experts in witty dialogue.

Also, I had issues with the acting as well. I will not go into more detail on that one... :D You can put one plus one together, I guess. Lol

Which dramas have you actually dropped?

PS. I think I am a bit different from others on Soompi because rom-coms and romance dramas are not my favorite. :D 

I am more of a psychological thrillers, witty comedies, melodrama type of person... For me the plot and story is everything.

I won’t watch a drama with my oppas if the story sounds stupid.

Choi Jin Hyuk, I am looking at you.... :D 

In order to tell you about the dramas I actually dropped, I'll have to check my list, but BOF comes first. I know many liked it, but not cup of my tea. Dropped it after 1 episode. 

I have dropped Abyss, Angel's Last Mission, Bad Papa, Clean With Passion, Justice, and When the Weather is fine. I remember all these because I dropped them like some months ago. For others, I don't remember much. 

I also watched TKEM mainly because of Kim Eun Sook and also the all start cast. Plus the plot had a great potential and could have done much better. Maybe as you said, her assistants were really good. I didn't know they quit before it. But yeah many people have liked this drama. 

Also just like you, I very rarely watch rom-coms or purely romance dramas. Not cup of my tea. I do tend to watch rom-coms when I am watching a very violent, scary or depressing drama. Otherwise, it really requires a very intriguing plot, with a good screenwriter and great casting to attract me to rom coms. Plus I really hate extremely slow dramas. Reason I dropped "When the weather is Fine" was because for me it was very slow. If it is slow, but with some mysteries or plot developing I am fine, but not with overall slowness. 

I do look for psychological thrillers, good melodramas, Suspense, Crime, medical and horror dramas. I also just ignore Choi Jin Hyuk's current drama and hope that his next project would be better.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, H0ney said:

But whyyyyyyy????? 

We all in here are loving TKEM couple. My friends even want them to be a real couple hahahhaaaa

Ehrm.... Not all of us here @H0ney :joy:

:isannoyed:

@Sleepy Owl Seems we have similar taste in dramas! :kiss_wink: I also like to balance out my thrillers and melodramas with rom-coms. I just find that rom-coms don’t interest me as

much anymore as it did before...

I also absolutely HATE slow dramas! Chocolate was pure hell to sit through until I dropped it in ep 5. Still many here loved the drama...

I guess it’s good that we have different dramas/genres out there, so everyone can find something they like. :kiss_wink:

Let me know how Alice progresses. Saw some good reviews about it (Koala’s Playground).

I take it then you’re not joining the BOF rewatch? :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl Seems we have similar taste in dramas! :kiss_wink: I also like to balance out my thrillers and melodramas with rom-coms. I just find that rom-coms don’t interest me as

much anymore as it did before...

I also absolutely HATE slow dramas! Chocolate was pure hell to sit through until I dropped it in ep 5. Still many here loved the drama...

I guess it’s good that we have different dramas/genres out there, so everyone can find something they like. :kiss_wink:

Let me know how Alice progresses. Saw some good reviews about it (Koala’s Playground).

I take it then you’re not joining the BOF rewatch? :D 

I didn't even try to watch Chocolate. Same was the case with "A piece of your mind". But yeah its good that there are different genre. 

I remember watching "Chief Kim" and loving it. Don't know about you, but it had comedy, proper story, and chemistry between almost all characters. If there is a comedy drama like that, I go for it. 

As for Alice I'll tel you about it. I think i'll get some idea about it half way through until or unless they don't decide to mess up the ending not the whole drama. 

BOF re-watch party? 

haha-no-owl-594e98b53df78cae81a54918.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I didn't even try to watch Chocolate. Same was the case with "A piece of your mind". But yeah its good that there are different genre. 

I remember watching "Chief Kim" and loving it. Don't know about you, but it had comedy, proper story, and chemistry between almost all characters. If there is a comedy drama like that, I go for it. 

I actually liked Chief Kim! It was different and I was so glad that there was no romance to mess the plot up. :D 

I am also a sucker for slapstick comedies... I am probably one of the few here who loved Eulachacha Waikiki (only the first season, not the 2nd one) and Modern Farmer....:ph34r:

I wish they would make more psychological thrillers though - not the political ones or the action ones (like Rugal). More like Signal, Tunnel, Nobody Knows and Children of Nobody. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

I actually liked Chief Kim! It was different and I was so glad that there was no romance to mess the plot up. :D 

I am also a sucker for slapstick comedies... I am probably one of the few here who loved Eulachacha Waikiki (only the first season, not the 2nd one) and Modern Farmer....:ph34r:

I wish they would make more psychological thrillers though - not the political ones or the action ones (like Rugal). More like Signal, Tunnel, Nobody Knows and Children of Nobody. 

Yeah I feel like they initially wanted to include romance in it. But then decided not to go that way, because it would ruin the flow of story.

I loved Laughter in Waikiki a lot. Made my cousin to watch it (who only watches anime). Even he loved it. I think it was too popular in Korea too, they increased its episodes from 16 to 20 I guess. It was pure comedy, with several sub-plots and great characters. 

Didn't go for second season because I didn't have time to watch and it went to "Watch Later" List. But yeah even I am waiting for some psychological thrillers to be introduced too. Did you watch "Tell Me What You Saw"? It was slow, but had some good twists and the villain was fine for me too. Didn't like it to the extent of Signal or Voice 1, but it was actually good for me. Same was with "Class of Lies", although I don't think it would actually fit in Psychological thriller, it was more of a suspense for me. Or dramas similar to "Defendant" or "Dr. Prisoner" attract me too. 

By the way, I still need to watch Nobody knows, how it is? Also have you watched Kim Hee Sun's Room No. 9?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Sleepy Owl Nobody Knows was so good!!! I binge watched it over one weekend. The actors (incl the child actors) were so talented. 
I highly recommend it!

Have you watched Children of Nobody (Red Moon Blue Sun)? With Kim Sun Ah and Eulachacha Waikiki actor Lee Yi Kyung? It was nice to see Lee Yi Kyung show his talents - he’s so good as a comedic actor but he clearly has the talent for other genres too! :kiss_wink:

I did not watch Tell Me What You Saw. Should I? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Have you watched Children of Nobody (Red Moon Blue Sun)? With Kim Sun Ah and Eulachacha Waikiki actor Lee Yi Kyung? It was nice to see Lee Yi Kyung show his talents - he’s so good as a comedic actor but he clearly has the talent for other genres too! :kiss_wink:

I did not watch Tell Me What You Saw. Should I? 

Yeah I have watched it. Got confused with Children of Lesser God (Did you watch this one?). Had to check it. I liked this drama too. Lee Yi Kyung did a good acting. It was good to see him getting a lead role after wonderfully performing in side roles. 

About Tell me What You Saw, the story is actually good. The FL has got photographic memory, not to a great extent but yes, she is being used for the cases. ML being Jang Hyuk is a blind crime profiler who based on FL's observations solves the cases. Thus the name "Tell Me What You Saw". In this ML lost his eyes and became paralyzed on the lower body in an accident to the serial killer, who goes underground for some years and re-emerges causing havoc among everyone. 

To me it was good. The mystery was nice, murders violent, the villain totally an unexpected person and some really nice twists. There is an amazing twist around ep 5-6 which made me like :Woah: at 3 am in the morning. 

So I would actually suggest it. It is slow at times, but the side cases are also nice. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2