Add and Subtract Game

Admin

19 minutes ago, MY15 said:

Oh why did you drop the first season? I thought it was one the best k-dramas.

I don't understand the fringe partly down but doesn't move kind of style :D

I think I just became a bit tired of all the corruption in the drama. Too exhausting to watch....

It's not that bad. I guess it's the hairstyle trend in Korea right now, even though I do think that his hairstyle in season 1 was much better. :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

But even sweetie Jang Nara makes mistakes sometimes. *cough*The Last Empress *cough*

From what I see it was a good move to accept the role in The Last Empress. I don`t like the drama at all because it doesn`t suit my taste but from the actor`s point of view it was a success. It had high ratings and generated buzz.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Here's looking at you, kid."  -- Casablanca.

I love Casablanca also. I rewatch the movie last week along with other olddies.

35 minutes ago, partyon said:

Problem is that I dropped the first season after 12 episodes, so am a bit apprehensive about starting this one... :(

If you dropped the drama so late, I think you struggled to like it. Then it is not for you. Second season has the same vibe.

I am so ready for a drama like Stranger. I kind of tired of serial killers. I am in the mood of a drama that gives puzzle pieces bit by bit. It looks like a normal day life of prosecutors and cops but we see that doing justice it is not easy. It takes dedication and stubbornness to do the right thing. Go Go Go, Shi Mok and Yeo Jin! I root for you!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's not that bad. I guess it's the hairstyle trend in Korea right now, even though I do think that his hairstyle in season 1 was much better.

I think the same. He is still handsome. Better this hairstyle than the one with bangs.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Stranger 2 is not for everyone's taste. 

Corroptions, powerful people, the puzzles who's done what. As a crime/thriller addict like me it's the one off the best dramas out there right now. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, joccu said:

Corroptions, powerful people, the puzzles who's done what. As a crime/thriller addict like me it's the one off the best dramas out there right now. 

I was so happy after the season 1 that I had a very good thriller to watch. I could not believe it. I will watch this writer next drama after this. I hope she will find inspiration to write good dramas.

I wonder if she will ask Cho Seung Woo to star again. Three dramas and he is in all three. I won`t mind.

Except for the puzzles, fighting the  coruption and powerful people can be exhausting to watch. It causing frustration to viewers because it is so hard to fight with that. Especially In real life too. But at least in fictional dramas we see the light. And we have a hero like Shi Mok who never stops questioning and doing what  is right. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, partyon said:

I would tend to agree with you that certain actors consistently pick better scripts than some other actors around.

But even sweetie Jang Nara makes mistakes sometimes. *cough*The Last Empress *cough*

I will not talk more about that drama because I tend to get a bit upset thinking about the ending they gave oppa... :onfirex:

Oh, and good morning everyone! :kiss_wink:

I need some coffee first!

I didn't watch that drama since I was busy with other dramas and also the plot didn't interest me. But wasn't that drama a success in terms of ratings? Also I read somewhere that Jang Nara said she wanted to try to some different roles and that's why she chose the last empress and the role in VIP. But can't really comment on the drama since i didn't watch it. 

But regarding the ending they give to oppas, I guess in dramas like that you should be ready for the oppas to die in the end. As I said, kdramas God have been cruel for a long time. So cruel that in an action drama or a serious drama like that, if the main lead ends up being alive, I feel like that ending was not natural :D.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

30 minutes ago, larus said:

I was so happy after the season 1 that I had a very good thriller to watch. I could not believe it. I will watch this writer next drama after this. I hope she will find inspiration to write good dramas.

I wonder if she will ask Cho Seung Woo to star again. Three dramas and he is in all three. I won`t mind.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out the other drama by the same writer.

• Like 4

@H0ney, how is the rewatching of drama Faith? :D

6 minutes ago, Night_Owl said:

But can't really comment on the drama since i didn't watch it. 

It was a crazy makjang. I dropped it after episode 6 and never looked back.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, larus said:

@H0ney, how is the rewatching of drama Faith? :D

It was a crazy makjang. I dropped it after episode 6 and never looked back.

+2

I usually wait for a couple of weeks before starting a drama whose plot does not interest me that much and see how people are commenting about it. And I read a few comments where they were saying everything's crazy and so I decided not to watch it. :D

• Like 6

I prefer Shi Mok's hairstyle in S1 too :(

And coz I'm rewatching S1 now, I wanna see more OTP interactions. They're a bit distant with one another in S2 E1.

S2 is really political. Not sure my brain can handle it and understand everything. I read a post this morning and it explained the backstory of what S2 is based on. There was a change in SK's bill? law? where for many years the prosecution holds more power & takes charge in investigation and the police are to provide support. We often see this in other kdramas too.

President Moon changed all of this and the police now are at equal playing field with the prosecution. Rather than "support", both parties are to work together in investigation. More or less something like this, I can't remember all of the details.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

32 minutes ago, MY15 said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out the other drama by the same writer.

The other drama after Stranger season 1 was Life with Lee Dong Wook and Cha Seung Woo. And we see many people from first season of Stranger.  The story took place in the hospital but we see the same patern as Stranger. Fighting coruption that exists within the university hospital. It won`t be an easy viewing. In my opinion Life is worth watching you don`t like the genre, look out. 

I will watch the next drama after Stranger 2. I wonder if the writer will chose the same theme. In a way I wish she will change it a little. It reminds me of screen writer Park Kyung-Soo. I loved his dramas The Chaser, Punch, Empire of Gold and Whisper. His last drama, Whisper was my least favorite from the all four but after that he did not write another drama. He was very successful with the first three dramas I felt that he was rushed to come with another project. I felt he was not ready because he changed the synopsis drastically.I wonder why he did not write anything else. It was like a torch that has gone out?

I wish the writer Lee Soo Yeon won`t have the same fate. I want her to be a long time runner. It is not easy to have such a big success from the first drama. You can not write big hits all the time. I hope she will write dramas on her own time and find inspiration in different areas. And change a little the theme. It will feel repetitive after a while.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, Night_Owl said:

And I read a few comments where they were saying everything's crazy and so I decided not to watch it. 

Good decission. It happends to me with Vagabond. The plot interested me and I don`t remember why I have waited. Probably had more dramas to watch at the moment.

I heard Vagabond had a bad ending and they will want another season. Thank God I did not watch.

I don`t like when they don`t finish well a drama making people wait for another season. I don`t like that at all. If there are multiple season I prefer different stories for each season with the almost the same cast. Just like Stranger is doing right now. They finished very welll the first drama and now I am waiting for another round (if I wanted).

I am still angry what they did with OCN drama TEN.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, joccu said:

See I like crime/thrillers a lot, but the political ones about corruption don't interest me as much. I'm more for the psychological thrillers like Nobody Knows, Blue Moon Red Sun (Children of Nobody), Flower of Evil, etc.

40 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

S2 is really political. Not sure my brain can handle it and understand everything. I read a post this morning and it explained the backstory of what S2 is based on. There was a change in SK's bill? law? where for many years the prosecution holds more power & takes charge in investigation and the police are to provide support. We often see this in other kdramas too.

Ok, sounds like I shouldn't start it then... :(

17 minutes ago, MinLyn said:

Just dropping by to say Hi to everyone! Sorry won't be able to chat much....

Hey @MinLyn Hope you have a wonderful day! :kiss_wink:

I am not gonna talk about The Last Empress this time.... You guys know what happens when I talk about it....

:fear:

tenor.gif?itemid=11883488

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Rather than "support", both parties are to work together in investigation. More or less something like this, I can't remember all of the details.

I think it is good this way. It was a little unbalanced. There were alwasy a competition between them and it is the same now. This time we`ll see first hand how they fight to appear well in the eyes of public opinion.

In the end they have the same purpose to catch the bad gus but we know that in real life nothing is ideal.

It is good that we have a prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok and a police officer  Han Yeo Jin who will work together for the same goal.

• Like 6

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Lmangla and I are planning to organize re-watch parties starting next week! We will launch re-watch parties for a few older k-dramas - Faith being one of them.

Expect more information soon! :kiss_wink:

Hoping many of you will join us for the fun!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, H0ney said:

I think this will be fun because perhaps my POV after 8 years will be a bit different he he 

Yes. It is interesting to see the differences. When I start watching kdramas eight years ago (I did not know about this forum or to look for the synopsis) I did it randomly. In that period I dropped some kdramas. I remember that I did not liked Pasta and I dropped it after a few episodes. I like the protagonists Lee sun kyung and Gong Hyo Jin but I don`t remember why I did not like it. Maybe the plot.  I wonder if now I will change my mind.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, larus said:

Good decission. It happends to me with Vagabond. The plot interested me and I don`t remember why I have waited. Probably had more dramas to watch at the moment.

I heard Vagabond had a bad ending and they will want another season. Thank God I did not watch.

I don`t like when they don`t finish well a drama making people wait for another season. I don`t like that at all. If there are multiple season I prefer different stories for each season with the almost the same cast. Just like Stranger is doing right now. They finished very welll the first drama and now I am waiting for another round (if I wanted).

I am still angry what they did with OCN drama TEN.

What happened with Vagabond is worse than what happened to Arthdal Chronicles. The final few episodes were rushed, didn't get a closure at all, left things open and I am yet to hear official announcement regarding its new season. 

As far as i know Arthdal chronicles and Vagabond were the worst drama i watched last year in terms of ending. At least in Arthdal Chronicles they showed a picture/painting preview of the future war and other things. But Vagabond just left it like that. Even there is no official announcement regarding Arthdal Chronicles' new season too. Maybe someone can tell me if there is any, maybe i have not read about it. 

@MinLyn :waves:

• Like 4
  • Love 1