Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sushimi

Add and Subtract Game

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

760

 

sometimes i use it to wipe my desk....**ahem** hahahaha...... shhhhhhhhhh

Desk sanitizer :lol: new name... 

 

My hand cracking a bit already... next run out of stock will be aloe vera moisturizer :ph34r:

 

762

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, staygold said:

@mouse007 Started watching Finding yourself. 2 eps done and I m liking it a lot! 

 

 

@staygold Yay! I'm glad you decided to check it out. I will warn you though that there will come a point where you might feel frustrated with FL towards the latter episodes. Anyway, let me know what you think!

 

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

 

@staygold ah... i also want to watch but can't find eng sub. " Finding Yourself "

 

@Lawyerh I will DM you...

 

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@cenchingIf they can have disposable chopsticks they can also have disposable spoons and forks. Haha. I wonder what's all the fuss is about. LOL. 

 

 

 

@kokodus valid point! LOL! Maybe they just think chopsticks add a bit of flair compared to plastic spoons and forks...

 

 

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

I don't use. I find it drying and causes a reaction. So I just stick to water and soap as well.  Actually they say the mask can't really protect as well but I guess people use it anyway as you feel psychologically better..

 

 

I saw a video released by a doctor here in Canada that discuss covid19 and he said that it is spread by contact so really, the best preventative method is to regularly wash hands and to avoid touching our face. He said most of the masks out there aren't even helpful because only those that are worn by specific health care professionals (I forgot which ones exactly), the one that is sealed, is effective. He said that the reason the mask is helpful is only because it prevents the wearer from touching his face. 

 

 

On the topic of chopsticks... I can use them but only the wooden ones because I find the metal ones very slippery. I only really use chopsticks when eating sushi but I prefer a fork and knife for everything else bec I don't have the patience. I just want that food in my mouth already! :joy:

 

-2

  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

On the topic of chopsticks... I can use them but only the wooden ones because I find the metal ones very slippery. I only really use chopsticks when eating sushi but I prefer a fork and knife for everything else bec I don't have the patience. I just want that food in my mouth already! :joy:

 

 

758

 

doesnt matter for me hehehe...since i can use them all ... :P 

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cenching, I think the ones that are common in Korea are the flat metal ones rather than the rounded ones. The flat ones are the ones in the restaurants, cafes, and diners in Korea.  The rounded ones tend not to be made of metal, or they are hollow rather than solid metal like the flat ones.

 

@triplem, the theory behind metal chopsticks is that a king in earlier times used silver chopsticks to detect poison and his subjects started copying the metal chopsticks, though not always in silver since silver was expensive. Nowadays, most are made of stainless steel. Also, metal is considered more hygienic than wood.

 

Regarding the metal, though, silver utensils are still gifted and prized, like silver flatware in Western countries are. My mother’s spoon and chopsticks are made of silver that she uses at home, and she says that food tastes different with other utensils to her. Very rich people will have utensils made of gold though, and the way the Koreans say that someone was born to wealth is to say that he/she was born with a golden spoon.

 

+2

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@cenching, I think the ones that are common in Korea are the flat metal ones rather than the rounded ones. The flat ones are the ones in the restaurants, cafes, and diners in Korea.  The rounded ones tend not to be made of metal, or they are hollow rather than solid metal like the flat ones.

 

@triplem, the theory behind metal chopsticks is that a king in earlier times used silver chopsticks to detect poison and his subjects started copying the metal chopsticks, though not always in silver since silver was expensive. Nowadays, most are made of stainless steel. Also, metal is considered more hygienic than wood.

 

Regarding the metal, though, silver utensils are still gifted and prized, like silver flatware in Western countries are. My mother’s spoon and chopsticks are made of silver that she uses at home, and she says that food tastes different with other utensils to her. Very rich people will have utensils made of gold though, and the way the Koreans say that someone was born to wealth is to say that he/she was born with a golden spoon.

 

+2

 

756

 

my only complain is something it is pretty heavy :D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

756

 

my only complain is something it is pretty heavy :D 

 

That’s true. It’s because they’re made of metal. Plus, they’re relatively long, too.

 

+2

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+2

 

15 hours ago, triplem said:

 I am often sceptical when people tell me their professions & use that as a basis to validate their opinions. 

 

Very true. I mean you are a teacher and I rarely accepted ANY advice. :D Because I am sceptical :P 

  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are now talking about chopsticks, let me share my story:

 

 I wanted to learn how to use chopsticks. I watched mutiple videos teaching how to use it. 

I went to an asian store near me and bought simple chopsticks for 1 € and Ramen noodle to practice. 

Needless to say I ended up with cramps in my fingers, noodles sleeping out of the chopsticks and my noodles getting cold. 

So I ended up eating like this:

Spoiler

Etenmetchopsticks.jpg

 

Till this day I stil don´t know how to use chopsticks:sweat_smile:

 

+2

  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

756

 

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

 

That’s true. It’s because they’re made of metal. Plus, they’re relatively long, too.

 

+2

 

actually i like that they are long :D and pretty easy to use....compare to the normal chopsticks that i used :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

754

 

@Sejabin theres a bunch of Virgo here. Maybe we all need to be hold by oppa? :lol: But I definitely not torturing myself :D

 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...