Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angelangie

Add and Subtract Game

1 minute ago, thanie said:

@kokodus believe me, I don't understand either.  :ph34r: but you know, we didn't ask that question to the waiter who handed us the chopstick. We just obliged. Better safe than sorry ... 

+2

then my guess is better bring some wet tissues along to disinfect :x

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, cenching said:

It's more on the shapes actually nothing major. As a Chinese myself, I use all 3 kinds of chopsticks depending upon the foods.....:glasses: Chinese one is bigger, blunt and more squarish on the tips so it's best to use for eating noodles (mine made from porcelain and wood). While the Japanese one is pointed and bigger than the Korean one so it's great to use for fish (mine made from lacquered wood). Tbh, I found Korean chopsticks bit difficult to maneuvered because of the slim shaped and the stainless steel material is slippery as hell for noodle.....:joy: But I used it for eating Korean foods like Bibimbap...:joy: My family used it for competition, who can get the more peanuts win....:glasses:

Should we eat pizza with chopsticks??? (D&G everyone??? :skull:)

Now that I think of it, I do have a lot of slim metal ones as well. I eat noodles with them all the time. Naeng myun (cold noodle in broth) is my favorite.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Indispensable those extra long chopsticks.  Saves my hands from oil spatters...ouch!

Totally! 

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Now that I think of it, I do have a lot of slim metal ones as well. I eat noodles with them all the time. Naeng myun (cold noodle in broth) is my favorite.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 shapes of Korean chopsticks that I encountered both made of stainless steel....One is rounded and pointy, another is flat thin and pointy. This flat thin one is a tortured to used for me.....My hand was aching after meals....:skull:

Chinese rarely use metal for chopsticks, during olden days bamboo and wood were for peasant while ivory and jade were for the rich. Only The Emperor used the silver one to detected poison in the food.

@angelangie @kokodus

Non Chinese/Korean/Japanese restaurants in PH don't have chopsticks ready. PH uses lots of disposable spoon and forks in restaurant too. I think  @thanie meant the disposable wrapped in plastic kind of chopsticks.

+2

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

4 hours ago, cenching said:

@nohamahamoud2002 @triplem

I am a pro in wielding chopsticks too...:glasses: I cook with chopsticks. Chopsticks is the best to use for eating fish. Eating chicken with chopsticks is a piece of cake...:glasses: 

Take note that Chinese, Korean and Japanese have different kinds of chopsticks

To me chopsticks are just two sticks, which I can't use, whether Chinese, Korean or Japanese :D

+2

• LOL 6

@mouse007 Started watching Finding yourself. 2 eps done and I m liking it a lot! 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 shapes of Korean chopsticks that I encountered both made of stainless steel....One is rounded and pointy, another is flat thin and pointy. This flat thin one is a tortured to used for me.....My hand was aching after meals....:skull:

Chinese rarely use metal for chopsticks, during olden days bamboo and wood were for peasant while ivory and jade were for the rich. Only The Emperor used the silver one to detected poison in the food.

@angelangie @kokodus

Non Chinese/Korean/Japanese restaurants in PH don't have chopsticks ready. PH uses lots of disposable spoon and forks in restaurant too. I think  @thanie meant the disposable wrapped in plastic kind of chopsticks.

+2

i see.....

• Like 2

@angelangie can't find Dettol wet wipes :lol: out of stocks... 

@staygold ah... i also want to watch but can't find eng sub. " Finding Yourself "

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

@cenchingIf they can have disposable chopsticks they can also have disposable spoons and forks. Haha. I wonder what's all the fuss is about. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX2guYggWGRJF8Mjn0utE

This is the only type of chopsticks I can use lol. They are fixed together from above, where I don't have to bother resting one stick on the thumb and the other on the remaining fingers :huh:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Sejabin was talked with my friend as well. He seems to be a good & decent guy. I agree, nothing lasts forever in this world. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Sejabin

Sinclair is still very young...What a pity...He is a Malaysian celebrity, right? 

+2

Yes. Malaysian actor with British father who made it big in ID. His sis is English radio DJ and talk show host , Aisyah Sinclair,  whom I listen to everyday. She found out just as she was about to start her shift this morning. Her co hosts on the show broke the news on radio. 

@stroppyse is there any particular reason why Korean chopsticks are made of metal? I love this cold soy milk noodle I tried in Seoul..forgot what it's called.

@angelangie @Lawyerh forget about finding masks, disinfectant and hand sanitizers. The pharmacy don't even want to take orders.  

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, triplem said:

@angelangie @Lawyerh forget about finding masks, disinfectant and hand sanitizers. The pharmacy don't even want to take orders.  

lols nah not looking for one...u can try Bath & Body works, u might find those hand sanitizers, i did bought 5 from there about 1 or 2 weeks ago.....lols

actually there is also study going on saying that this sanitizers doesnt actually clean ur hand by much....best is still water and soap

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols nah not looking for one...u can try Bath & Body works, u might find those hand sanitizers, i did bought 5 from there about 1 or 2 weeks ago.....lols

actually there is also study going on saying that this sanitizers doesnt actually clean ur hand by much....best is still water and soap

I don't use. I find it drying and causes a reaction. So I just stick to water and soap as well.  Actually they say the mask can't really protect as well but I guess people use it anyway as you feel psychologically better..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

I don't use. I find it drying and causes a reaction. So I just stick to water and soap as well.  Actually they say the mask can't really protect as well but I guess people use it anyway as you feel psychologically better..

yes actually mask doesnt help....it will only help u a lil from spreading the gems to others :D 

however dont forget you are breathing those back into your very own lungs....so best way is if you are sicks stay home.....cough into tissues and then throw them away or flush them down the toilet and wash your hands....

my mom is fine...as i was home quarantines last week due to i was down with flu......i stay a lil away from her....however whenever im driving her i put on a mask and i have a mini air filter in my car.....it was there since the haze issues started lols....so no i didnt get it during this outbreak :P 

i just bought some extra hand sanitizers since i come across it just in case we cant find water or soap when you are outsides sometimes i use it to wipe my desk....**ahem** hahahaha...... shhhhhhhhhh

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1