Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

52 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

weirdly enough, for me, it was the movie version of P&P that finally sold me on the romance. a part of me always thought the book was rather vague on how elizabeth actually fell in love with darcy and it seemed more like she saw his house and she melted because he was rich. hahahaha....

I thought I was the only one feeling the above :lol:

• LOL 6

59 minutes ago, triplem said:

We talked about this too among us k drama mods...and my take is that the way people engage with each other has changed  with things like IG and twitter,  other sites like drama beans, and even the comment sections of streaming sites . There are other ways to comment and fangirl - especially for a newer generation of k drama viewers.  Also here we're a lot more moderated. On others esp like IG etc, people just comment as they wish   There are more dramas now than before but I think because they are so many that it isn't as exciting especially where plots are recycled and some have very mediocre acting.

40 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

those are some great points but also think like @Sarang21 that the sticky factor is missing. in the old dramas, there was some magic that is now missing. take classics like winter sonata and boys before flowers which everyone have seen. there is no way to write a logical plot synopsis LOL because the story is so out there. LOL. even when you think this drama is silly beyond words, you are still fighting sleep because you absolutely have to finish the episode. :sweatingbullets:... and even though it was a dead fish kiss, we still gasped and loved the chemistry. it was that awesome.

Those are some great points that you have made and I agreed with both of you. I especially can relate to the recycled plot. For someone like me who has been watching dramas for such a long time...a lot of dramas nowadays feels the same to me just with different faces. 

I also think that feminism has played a part in it. When it comes to K-drama the most complained I read is

the hand grab issue, forced kissing, the lead being a jerk to the female lead, the female lead being weak and letting everyone walk over her...and so on. A lot of viewers are not tolerating it anymore and are demanding more female centric dramas or dramas that shows woman not in a weak manner. 

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, staygold said:

that's cos u know Bollywood Gods wont abandon SRK ever! Thornton needed all the fan prayers and beating hearts to help him get through the separation!  lol!

+2

:joy:... for some absurd reason, that makes sense. am never tense with a separation in hindi movie but a serial, heck, you never know if they will sneak in a divorce, another doomed relationship and then it will be 100+ episodes before they get together again.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

+2

@nrllee Wow......in the middle of nowhere. Your level of boredom must have been insane. I'm actually a bit impressed. 

So did you read the whole thing? Was it as bad as I thought/said or did you think it wasn't too bad?

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

And @triplem showing you love too...aww...:wub: (actually it is because she quoted USAFarmgirl that I realized the above post was actually hers.)

Awwwww, @triplemdefending me. What a rare occasion. Well, she makes sure she is the only one who smacks my head consistently. :D 

43 minutes ago, triplem said:

Ahh please....flawless Shi Ho argument???? :skull:...anyway peace for now...I must not show all my cards. You know the one drama we should rewatch is actually Plus Nine Boys...oppa and your girl gave me all the feels :relaxed:

Un-touch-a-ble! 

Plus Nine Boys was so beautiful, it's a shame pretty much no one here watched it. It still is my fav drama of all time. My girl played her role so perfectly, she was the best girlfriend material ever in this drama.

I also loved the story about the oldest couple, Yoo Da-In played her role also perfectly as single mom.

From a man's pov I learned so much through the drama and saw myself in so many scenes. Still the best slice of life drama for me till this point.

I loved it. And the OST.....ahhh....how much I still loved the "kiss kiss song".

Spoiler

Gosh FINE! I go and watch the last episode again.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@ktcjdrama , @Sushimi @Lawyerh

who in need of a bag/ jacket  :joy:

I think this is another case where we can just forget about the jacket and just take the oppa :lol:

but if you think more about it, the design is actually not such a bad idea. I would love some multi-purpose jacket... It would be great if when taken off, the jacket can be somehow transformed into a proper hand bag (think Bumblebee from Transformers)

+2

• LOL 6

@ktcjdrama , @Lawyerh

We did see worse :joy: but thing I don’t understand why they like x x x large size clothes these day :mrgreen:

Are they drawing a map :mrgreen:

• LOL 6

14 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

When it comes to K-drama the most complained I read is

the hand grab issue, forced kissing, the lead being a jerk to the female lead, the female lead being weak and letting everyone walk over her...and so on.

what can I say.. but I actually enjoy all those cliche elements in the drama. :sweatingbullets:... and the hand grab is more like some cultural issue lost in translation. am re-watching bepannah and there are so many hand grabs. he grabs her hand and glares at her but there are also several times where she also grabs his hand and glares at him. then they indulge in rapid dialogue where they are ready to kill each other and there are such fun hilarious insults thrown at each other. it is awesome. every time those scene comes, I am grabbing an invisible popcorn, grinning and enjoying myself.

• LOL 4

:joy:

+2

@Dhakra I’m gonna make you cringe :) btw do you typically have these snacks?

• LOL 6

@Sushimi & @staygold

this guy is crazy :joy: when the normal people  hear a shot gun they switch on there car and run but he get out from the car  straight to get shot at :mrgreen::joy:

• LOL 6

Poor guy forgot to leave his blanket at home  so he had to improvise :joy:

hpegmgon.jpg

+2

• LOL 7

I am so very curious... can they actually say no to the dress? I mean clothes...? :lol:

• LOL 6

@staygold I actually like it on Ranveer Singh. It fits his weird clothing style :joy:

Now this is my kind of fashion :smirk:

bHmw5NB.jpg

+2

• LOL 7

4 minutes ago, staygold said:

g21 off the runway that look doesnt work!

I wish i did not open that :skull:

Lol...look what i did....the secret fangirling life of Triplem

Spoiler

• LOL 6

7 minutes ago, staygold said:

@Sarang21 off the runway that look doesnt work!

+2

That guy needs to put his shirt dow real quick before he gets arrested for public indecency :joy:

+2

• LOL 4

@SushimiPartially, yes. Soem of that stuff I ear quite regularly aswell. Sauerkraut doesn't count as sweets though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Just now, Dhakra said:

@SushimiPartially, yes. Soem of that stuff I ear quite regularly aswell. Sauerkraut doesn't count as sweets though.

Haha I Guess so. They say it’s equivalent to kimchi though :)

• Like 3