Quantcast
Jump to content
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, staygold said:

British costume drama fans have you heard of Sanditon?  @USAFarmgirl @packmule3 @phikyl

 

Has every period drama cliche you could think of. Not high quality content like Downton Abbey but a gap filler till we wait for something better. 

is it watchable? I read really scathing reviews on some sites and so was unsure whether to even browse through it.

784

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is it watchable? I read really scathing reviews on some sites and so was unsure whether to even browse through it.

784

 

I watched 5 eps (that have aired so far) and found it okayish. Nothing great. But since I have been starved of british period dramas for a while I will take it. Cringe level is high but like someone wrote it depends on your 'period drama tolerance scale'. And there is Theo James.

 

786

  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

778

 

@Lmangla the lakorn title is 'KING GOR RAH KAH GOR RAENG'

 

actually i pity the ex-gf that turn villian 

am reading the synopsis on mydramalist and shaking my head to "nope, not watching" hahahahah..

 

5 minutes ago, staygold said:

 

I watched 5 eps (that have aired so far) and found it okayish. Nothing great. But since I have been starved of british period dramas for a while I will take it. Cringe level is high but like someone wrote it depends on your 'period drama tolerance scale'. And there is Theo James.

 

786

in other words, watch for theo james. it is okay, will just watch some fanmade MVs. looks like that will tell me pretty much all the scenes I need to watch. hahahaha...

 

784

  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

in other words, watch for theo james. it is okay, will just watch some fanmade MVs. looks like that will tell me pretty much all the scenes I need to watch. hahahaha...

 

:lol: I will save you even that time! The heroine and hero have got off as expected to an odd start. He doesn't think anything of her n she isnt amused by him. While taking a walk by the sea collecting shells (again as expected) she chances upon him.... taking a dip.... in his birthday suit. She (as expected) hurries away. 

 

The next day, he apologizes for embarrassing her for the beach thing. She says why would I be embarrassed I was all clothed! :w00t: So there are sparks of witty writing. But it is only for those who enjoy the slow build up of romance. 

 

edit: Darcy's sis in P&P is called Georgiana. Here the hero's ward is called Georgiana. Darcy takes a dip in the estate lake, our hero takes a swim in the ocean!:lol:

 

+2

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, staygold said:

But it is only for those who enjoy the slow build up of romance. 

for me, even more than P&P, my favourite slow build will be north and south. omo, all the hot stares, chemistry and great writing -- no risque scenes but it still felt so romantic that you end up binge watching it. :wub:...

784

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nrllee said:

And @triplem showing you love too...aww...:wub: (actually it is because she quoted USAFarmgirl that I realized the above post was actually hers.)

These are rare occasions ..:P...Oh my I can't even remember I wrote stuff like that .

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

ait? You wrote something back then there about me? Did I already forgot that or did I just missed it? Awwww....Queen Noonalicious. 

Now I am tempted to only semi-blast you into pieces with my flawless Shi-Ho argumentation. 

Ahh please....flawless Shi Ho argument???? :skull:...anyway peace for now...I must not show all my cards. You know the one drama we should rewatch is actually Plus Nine Boys...oppa and your girl gave me all the feels :relaxed:

Spoiler

tumblr_ndahvjJvXK1qbxx00o7_250.gif

@staygold @Lmanglaare you excited for the Downtown Abbey movie? I am so happy .So for a period of time I stopped watching Asian dramas and I was only watching DA and Suits.  I was so sad they ended DA. My sis recommended the Crown as a replacement , but never got round to it.  

786

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

north and south

 

I loved N&S but I stilled prefer P&P. P&P has many layers and complications to the plot. N&S found easy solutions to tough issues :sweatingbullets:

 

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

are you excited for the Downtown Abbey movie?

 

I am, but I dont know what to expect. I was quite happy with the series finale.

 

+2

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, triplem said:

@staygold @Lmanglaare you excited for the Downtown Abbey movie? I am so happy .So for a period of time I stopped watching Asian dramas and I was only watching DA and Suits.  I was so sad they ended DA. My sis recommended the Crown as a replacement , but never got round to it.  

haven't watched downtown abbey at all. not sure why. it was there on our local channel but none of the ads had that wow moment for me to even want to check out. at the time, was more into masterchef australia instead. hahahaha...

786

  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

Nowadays I noticed that it has decreased significantly...I wonder what´s the reason? Is it because the recent k-dramas has not been that appealing? 

We talked about this too among us k drama mods...and my take is that the way people engage with each other has changed  with things like IG and twitter,  other sites like drama beans, and even the comment sections of streaming sites . There are other ways to comment and fangirl - especially for a newer generation of k drama viewers.  Also here we're a lot more moderated. On others esp like IG etc, people just comment as they wish   There are more dramas now than before but I think because they are so many that it isn't as exciting especially where plots are recycled and some have very mediocre acting.

788

 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, staygold said:

I loved N&S but I stilled prefer P&P. P&P has many layers and complications to the plot. N&S found easy solutions to tough issues 

kekekekke... for me, it is the reverse. it is also because I read the book N&S and loved it. elizabeth gaskell had quite an unique style -- every chapter starts off with a poem. the book really delved into concerns about working conditions of labourers, the dynamics between costs and profits, the relationships between owners and workers and the class divisions. so all of that is still relevant today even though the book covers the industrial age.

 

weirdly enough, for me, it was the movie version of P&P that finally sold me on the romance. a part of me always thought the book was rather vague on how elizabeth actually fell in love with darcy and it seemed more like she saw his house and she melted because he was rich. hahahaha....

 

so why did you think there were many layers and complications to P&P?

-2

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, triplem said:

So for a period of time I stopped watching Asian dramas and I was only watching DA and Suits.  I was so sad they ended DA. My sis recommended the Crown as a replacement , but never got round to it.  

 

Mr Bates and Anna... :wub: my OTP.  North and South - Margaret and John Thornton (Armitage is the epitome of brooding male leads...malevolence with restraint...urgh...his piercing gaze gets me every time).  Yes to The Crown.  I adore Claire Foy.  She first caught my eye in Little Dorrit.  :wub:

 

784

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, triplem said:

We talked about this too among us k drama mods...and my take is that the way people engage with each other has changed  with things like IG and twitter,  other sites like drama beans, and even the comment sections of streaming sites . There are other ways to comment and fangirl - especially for a newer generation of k drama viewers.  Also here we're a lot more moderated. On others esp like IG etc, people just comment as they wish   There are more dramas now than before but I think because they are so many that it isn't as exciting especially where plots are recycled and some have very mediocre acting.

788

 

those are some great points but also think like @Sarang21 that the sticky factor is missing. in the old dramas, there was some magic that is now missing. take classics like winter sonata and boys before flowers which everyone have seen. there is no way to write a logical plot synopsis LOL because the story is so out there. LOL. even when you think this drama is silly beyond words, you are still fighting sleep because you absolutely have to finish the episode. :sweatingbullets:... and even though it was a dead fish kiss, we still gasped and loved the chemistry. it was that awesome.

782

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so why did you think there were many layers and complications to P&P?

 

P&P has many more characters and the series gave enuf screen time to each of their arcs. Some of the characters didn't change at all like her mother and Lady Catherine, Lydia, Wickham. But these characters were allowed their screen time. 

 

The characters in this story dont really have survival issues. They are all doing well enough to have food on their tables. Their worries are about status. Do you remember Bingley sisters? I used to wonder why so disapproving? Maybe because they faced similar situations when they debuted and tried to find a match! Collins who just has a checklist and needs to get married. Bennet Parents who just have to get the daughters off their hands! I mean for a parent to reach that stage it must have taken so much social conditioning (generations after generations)

 

Lizzy didnt have a change of heart after seeing Pemberley. She already knew Darcy was filthy rich from the start. She didnt need any proof. She saw the real Darcy at Pemberley. When he was all awkward and caught off guard. By then she also had enough reason to love him. God, he was devoted to her! How can you not love him! :w00t:

 

I didn't like the Kiera & Matthew movie one bit! He made Darcy completely miserable! He looked like a wet cat! :lol: I just put it down to different tastes and perspective.

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

I love N&S. It is set in changing times when family name n status is losing the value it used to have. I like it but it makes me feel a bit gloomy. I cant have a picnic and sip in Milton! :P

 

+2

 

I think I am losing interest in dramas in general. On rare occasions do I find something worth waiting a week for. I dropped I wanna hear your song after mid point. I have so many dramas on hold they are as good as dropped.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, staygold said:

I like it but it makes me feel a bit gloomy. I cant have a picnic and sip in Milton! 

kekekke... true!

 

31 minutes ago, nrllee said:

North and South - Margaret and John Thornton (Armitage is the epitome of brooding male leads...malevolence with restraint...urgh...his piercing gaze gets me every time)

perfect description of why he was so dreamy. I remember getting ready for office and I just saw a clip like a teaser of the proposal scene. waaah, I was like is this airing now? should I cut office today? ... but luckily it was just clip teaser and I mentally noted when it was airing so I could catch it.

782

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla and dont even get me started on the fact that Thornton's 'Look back' wasnt copied from SRK's 'palat'! :tounge_wink:

 

784

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, staygold said:

@Lmangla and dont even get me started on the fact that Thornton's 'Look back' wasnt copied from SRK's 'palat'! :tounge_wink:

 

784

but my heart wasn't beating so fast during DDLJ. here, it was and I was swooning. really swooning.

782

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but my heart wasn't beating so fast during DDLJ. here, it was and I was swooning. really swooning.

782

 

that's cos u know Bollywood Gods wont abandon SRK ever! Thornton needed all the fan prayers and beating hearts to help him get through the separation!  lol!

 

784

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...