RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is raining outside

it was raining when i got to work :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I was talking to a member here in soompi referring to the "off topic" emo because it leads to subtracting 2 points  from the credit, I told her to be careful in comments, guess what I feel she blocked me. I am so disappointed because I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. People are so strange and I always blame myself whenever there's a misunderstanding. Was I mistaken?

Really I didn’t know anything about off topic subtract points.  :o.  Wonder how many I chalked up from going off topic...hmm...

How do you know she blocked you? I didn’t think you could see who blocks you.  You did it because you cared enough to bring it up to her.  If she can’t see that, it’s her problem, not yours.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

It might surprise some of you , but from my observations going through the threads is that most members on Soompi are quite careful not to use the off topic button and not many use the negative ones as well . Even if they are not agreeable to what was being said , most just ignore . Of course there are some exceptions . So don’t worry folks . And if something is truly off topic causing conflict,  it will be removed . But if members of the thread are the easy going sort , where everyone can have a good laugh , it’s fine . 

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

People are so strange and I always blame myself whenever there's a misunderstanding.

I read it somewhere that most often what we call misunderstanding is actually stonewalling. So if someone is refusing to communicate to clear the misunderstanding you should not blame yourself completely. Self blame is natural if you already have a tendency to be forgiving and understanding. The pain is mostly because of the we feel our perspective isn't important enuf to continue the conversation.

Where is my coffee!? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

+2 :blush:

@nohamahamoud2002 don’t worry.. you will forget it soon when new kdrama aired.. you always have friends in here. *huggssssss :heart: (sometimes we can meet people who act like they need sex when discuss a.k.a stoneheaded) but it is okay.  :kiss_wink:

but I once made admin kicked me out from whatsapp group just because I bored there. If I just leave with no reason I feel bad. So I decided to make it worst then go hua ha ha ha.. it was kpop group member. I am too old between those high school students :mrgreen:

oh I also once write something on watpad and get crazy coments from high school student and I was just please.. wkkwkwkw and leave.

don’t waste your time for these things. Go find someone and fall in love :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

I agree with @triplem. Not many off topic button being launched here. I only issued 1 during my tenure in soompi :no_mouth:

Actually the reduction not much to me. You need like 100 soompiers to give u off topic button, then only it will subsequently minus the points.

Even so 200 points, dont hurt much... wont they? :naughty: The super immortal @triplem will probably just rolled her eyes.... :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, staygold said:

I read it somewhere that most often what we call misunderstanding is actually stonewalling. So if someone is refusing to communicate to clear the misunderstanding you should not blame yourself completely. Self blame is natural if you already have a tendency to be forgiving and understanding. The pain is mostly because of the we feel our perspective isn't important enuf to continue the conversation.

Where is my coffee!? :sweatingbullets:

sometimes it was also because ppl reading the words different....as one might see 1 as 1 and while another might see more into the 1 than others :) 

some called it misunderstanding....while for me i call it different view or perspectives :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

890 :kiss_wink:

@angelangie nah this is a experienced mod :kiss_wink: she knows these things happened because she’s already seen too many cases. Luv u :heart:

Btw my grab food driver is so moody. In chaT. Me and my friends ordered too many and he might be confusing and become moody to us. I asked I want to add jelly and whiped cream on my drink and he didn’t read it because he is already in bad mood. And I wrote to him.. I hope you are happy today :wub: wkwkwkwk :joy: whatever.. as long as he is happy in delivering our order. My friend dinni scramed to me “SEJABIN! I don’t want to go out and meet him and take our orders!!”

ME: you are the younger so go out and meet him :blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

31 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

@angelangie nah this is a experienced mod :kiss_wink: she knows these things happened because she’s already seen too many cases. Luv u :heart:

not experience....just as u live and age....either you wise up and see the world in a color that ppl called it 'Gray'

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I finished my first turkish drama and managed to watch all of the episodes and managed to stay awake for most of it. yay!!!!

@staygold ~ I feel like I deserve some prize for finishing this trek which I didn't expect. hahahahha... LOL... :lol:

ok @Sarang21 ~ here's my thoughts after watching all eps of siyah beyaz ask. you are right, it could have been A++ but relegates to B+ because of the haphazard second part arc.

putting rest of my impressions in spoiler as quite long

Spoiler

so here's what I think happened -- tell me if I got it right. the writers and PD had no idea they would get cancelled. the first season was a ratings gold and they thought omo, we need to drag it out. so how do we do that? introduce the most annoying character  ever and also do a stupid track with vildan because we are paying and she isn't doing much. hahahah..

but then ratings dip because audience is like "what on earth is this nonsense? I am so bored" and they get cancelled. (if I had watched this live, I would have also dropped it because both julide and vildan were that annoying. thankfully, I had the fast forward option! ^_^) so writers and PD have to then scramble to finish the story in the remaining episodes and they get back to the heart of the story which actually had more than enough conflicts and angles to write a whole season.

the heart of the drama has always been about the murder of necdet aslan and the effect on ferhat and his siblings yigit and gulsum. so if the writers had continued to focus on that, the drama would have really shone. we could have seen yeter really introspect on how she basically knew the truth but chose to ignore the truth for money. it would have been fun to see how siblings reacted to that and we could have kicker arguments.

we also could have seen how the siblings react to finding out that ferhat is only their half brother and how it impacts their relationship -- we could have had tons of touching scenes as they do little relationship dances around that. we could have had gulsum find out that history repeated itself in her life just like her mother except she fell in love with abidin and then ask yeter why she didn't appreciate necdet more. we could have ferhat find out the connection between cuneyt and gulsum and the implications...

we could have seen what it means for ferhat walk away from life of crime and whether it is possible and how complicated it would be when namik refuses to let go. we could have had tons of situations where namik acts like a puppet master by keeping ferhat involved through hook and crook. we could have seen yigit and ferhat working together more to cut the crime connection from namik out of their lives and what that means for their relationship as brothers. we could have had discussions on how the siblings feel about receiving this wealth from namik.

as for julide -- that was such a wasted opportunity in terms of asli's growth. did you get why she wanted revenge? I didn't understand her logic or relationship to asli. she kept acting like a puppet master who liked to push people's buttons but I didn't really understand what she actually wanted at all. and it seemed so ridiculous that asli never found that julide killed cem. it would have been a real growth arc to see how asli processes that she too has crime in her own family and what means for her relationship with ferhat. instead, we got some half baked nonsense with julide that went nowhere.

same with vildan. her track was ugh, ugh, ugh. :vicx: rather than that stupid stupid stupid angle they went with, the writers could have focused on her alcoholism and depression and what it meant for her to accept that she was single and unlucky in love and relationships. they could have just had her act up because she was jealous that everyone had someone except her. that would have been far more powerful and interesting to watch rather than that ridiculous arc.

so I could go on and on but basically the writers should have just focused on the heart and we would have a winning series rather than one that sort of limped hurriedly to the finish line... while the writing at times missed the mark, the series really shone because of the actors. not just the OTP but almost the entire cast really acted their heart out and so the drama felt really lived in. some of the characters like yeter and namik would actually be difficult to play because these are really complex roles. and as for the OTP, oodles and oodles of chemistry and it felt really natural watching them. they were cute, fiery and their gazes had real heat while their kisses were sweet.

really enjoyed the musical score and I liked how it really added a certain element of mood. since I have this pet peeve on bad lighting -- really LOVED how the drama had beautiful brightly lit shots :kiss_wink: even though the drama itself is quite intense.  shows how PDs don't need to make bad lit camera shots just to create a sad or intense mood. have the actors do it through their acting and facial expressions instead, along with an intense musical score. ^_^

so conclusion: no regrets watching and this is a drama I will actually remember. (I tend to have short term memory loss with many dramas. hahahaha..) I will probably re-watch cut scenes of the OTP on youtube if I ever feel bored. B+ for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

Really I didn’t know anything about off topic subtract points.  :o.  Wonder how many I chalked up from going off topic...hmm...

How do you know she blocked you? I didn’t think you could see who blocks you.  You did it because you cared enough to bring it up to her.  If she can’t see that, it’s her problem, not yours.

Also she watches two dailies with me. When I quote or mention her, she doesn't respond. So I tried writing a message on her status. It was there before and suddenly disappeared. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 4

I find it less stressful just to keep the middle ground in Soompi tho this is only my 2nd thread. I don't have time for more than one thread. In real life as I'm talking to the person, it's easy to gauge the mood and meander the conversation appropriately. E.g. if the person starts looking a bit annoyed/anything negative, then tone it down or switch topics to something funny-you all get what I mean. In Soompi/emails/WhatApp I word my thoughts more carefully cos cannot see the person's face. Unless it's a really good friend, then I'm totally unfiltered and my gutter mind goes full blown :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Sejabin @staygold @Lawyerh @triplem @angelangie @nrllee thanks. 

@triplem @Lawyerh I do get (angry, confused and unamused) emos whenever I defend villains :bawling: I started disliking the actors who make me lose my points, so whenever I find no one responding to me I just leave the thread and I stop watching the drama. A place in the sun is a bad example. There is the main actress who is supposed to be good. She lied to an innocent man and deceived him about the parentage of her son to take revenge from his father by marrying the son. It is so cruel of her. I attacked her and everyone didn't like me for it. They use (angry, confused, unamused) emos.

I am so sad. I can't even state my opinion. Only three accepted my opinion, but I already stopped watching because I hate the main actress, and everyone is defending her. When her poor husband tried to commit suicide, after learning the boy isn't his son, she made fun of him saying he is a loser who can't even kill himself properly.

It is a grave sin to attribute a baby to a man who isn't his father. What did he do to deserve this?

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Also she watches two dailies with me. When I qoute or mention her, she doesn't respond. So I tried writing a message on her status. It was there before and suddenly disappeared. 

Well you tried. Not like you didn’t attempt to make amends (even though I don’t see why you needed to).  Ball’s in her court. You did what you could. You can’t control her response. Stays on her conscience, not yours.  Best not to lose any sleep over it.  :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Well you tried. Not like you didn’t attempt to make amends (even though I don’t see why you needed to).  Ball’s in her court. You did what you could. You can’t control her response. Stays on her conscience, not yours.  Best not to lose any sleep over it.  :heart:

Thank you.  I met with several people like that in the past. I am just surprised even in soompi, some people are so strange

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I am even reported on YouTube for disliking the role of female actress. I just mentioned my opinion without using hate language, the user sent me bad reply and reported me. (I received message from youtube) I am so surprised, people are weird

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2