Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

what number is considered lucky/good in your culture?

Number 5  :mrgreen:

• Confused 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Chinese  ( in particular the Cantonese) like these numbers because when pronounced have very auspicious meaning

8 -  "fatt"  - to prosper

3 - "sang" ( sounds like sung) to live

9 - 'gau "  ( enough ) 

So they like to make nice combinations with those numbers or even something like this 

128  " yat yee fatt" - easy to prosper

168 " yat lou fatt" - prosper all the way

18 hours ago, mouse007 said:

Wait, did we always have an "awesome" emoji or is it new? B)

I was a pretty recent addition

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 5

+2

13 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Dhakra I.... I don't know what to say. Have you finally gone insane? I don't understand what you are teasing me about. I can tell that you are really bored. Don't you have any dramas to watch? Should I recommend something? Good old LMH classic Boys over flowers? Or heirs?? You will definitely like them a lot.  I'm kidding, don't you dare watch them only to say mean things about Oppa. 

Maybe we should play a game or something. Clearly I'm equally bored as you and this insomnia is killing me. It's 3 in the morning here and yet I'm wide awake sighhh. 

Plus I'm hungry.<_<

Am I insane? 

giphy.gif

I tease you about....well there is a lot actually. 

Nah, no dramas, nothing. Boys over Flowers? Heirs? Do I look like I want to see some bad teenie actors swooling about unnecessary stuff? Well, everyone is your oppa, so it's not hard to say anything bad.

A game? Mhm, sounds good. You have insomnia? Since when? And more important, why? Did you finally meet a poor soul and now your mind can't get away from him and now you lie awake desperately trying to find a way to talk to him?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

4? Serious? Haha....

@Ameera Ali 5 ? Lucky number? Never heard ? Based on ur 5 oppas collection :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

4? Serious? Haha....

@Ameera Ali 5 ? Lucky number? Never heard ? Based on ur 5 oppas collection :joy:

Face , hair  , chest ( abs )  , hand  , popping veins  :mrgreen:

what more lucky number  is their :joy:

7  part :joy::yum:

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

@staygold ~ I feel really proud of myself that I managed to watch 9 full episodes of turkish drama and still watching. hahahahha...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

814 :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@Lmangla  Awesome! Share some of your tricks then! :sweatingbullets: cos I am finding it difficult to stick to any dramas right now!

Which one are you watching? I watched some clips from this drama called Yemin. Good looking otp but stale plot. Also another called Halka. But not motivating enough to sit through that many episodes!! No chance! :ph34r:

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, staygold said:

@Lmangla  Awesome! Share some of your tricks then! :sweatingbullets: cos I am finding it difficult to stick to any dramas right now!

Which one are you watching? I watched some clips from this drama called Yemin. Good looking otp but stale plot. Also another called Halka. But not motivating enough to sit through that many episodes!! No chance! :ph34r:

kekek.. am actually having the same problem with kdramas where I am not able to find anything interesting to watch. the reason I find siyah beyaz interesting besides the hot guy and chemistry is really the moral conflict at the heart of it -- it is not a fluffy romance and so even if it is going in circles, the arguments keep it interesting.

so gist -- she is a doctor and his family is basically a mafia though looks legit on the outside and they ended up getting married. irony is he is actually a gentle person but is pushed continuously into this violence. during one fight, she calls him a swamp who basically darkens everyone's life he touches and so he really shouldn't fall in love. another fight, he then responds that she has a holy attitude because she never had to make tough choices. would she still be good if she was in morally ambiguous spot where her family member's life and well-being was at stake? ....

am also enjoying the fact that these two look like adults -- so the actors are both in their 30s and their characters also act like it. the male actor looks weathered and even has eye bags in some scenes -- so it is in line with the character sketch but also makes him more ruggedly manly handsome instead of pretty boy. and there is a great chemistry with a good push pull and a kind of absurd humour where they eye roll at each other during the fights which makes me laugh...

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@Ameera Ali if a teacher/professor rewarded correct answers with oppa photos or merchandise, the top 10 leaderboard would be filled in no time. :joy:

@Lmangla I finally got to the episode where they reveal the reason for Yizhou's big lie. I also don't understand why he didn't just pursue her like a normal man would and felt the need to orchestrate this elaborate scheme. So I kept thinking about it and the only reason I could come up with (other than the writers just trying to come up with any reason for them to marry) is that Yizhou is inexperienced when it comes to dating and relationships and he's used to being in control. So he really didn't know how else to pursue her other than manipulating circumstances so that she would notice him and come to him. It's still pretty ridiculous though. LOL

But I still like the drama and am really enjoying the OTP. I just wish they kissed better :unamused: everytime they kiss, it's like they're just putting their lips together in the most awkward way. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

@mouse007 ~ once the lie was revealed, I just couldn't watch it because it made zero sense why he didn't court her like a normal person and just ask her out on a date. LOL. so I ended up dropping the drama because my brain refused to compute such a pothole in writing. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

@Lmangla I don't blame you. I had low expectations coming into this drama which is probably why I'm still enjoying it despite the fact that the writers tried to include every trope (marriage of convenience, amnesia, kidnapping, taking care of sick/injured FL, return of parent to abandoned child.. you name it, they included it.. LOL) :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

so gist -- she is a doctor and his family is basically a mafia though looks legit on the outside and they ended up getting married. irony is he is actually a gentle person but is pushed continuously into this violence. during one fight, she calls him a swamp who basically darkens everyone's life he touches and so he really shouldn't fall in love. another fight, he then responds that she has a holy attitude because she never had to make tough choices. would she still be good if she was in morally ambiguous spot where her family member's life and well-being was at stake? ....

Sounds really interesting... What's the name?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Sounds really interesting... What's the name?

siyah beyaz ask.

this was the random scene that showed up on my youtube feed and I watched and was like "what on earth is this?" :w00t: and I kept watching more and more scenes. LOL :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 5
  • Love 1