Quantcast

Add and Subtract Game

Random December poll  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these dramas that start airing in December are you planning to watch ?

• Cheat On Me If You Can (Jo Yeo Jeong, Go Joon)
    • True Beauty (Moon Ga Young, Cha Eun Woo)
    • Hush (Hwang Jung Min, YoonA)
    • Mr. Queen (Shin Hye Sun, Kim Jung Hyun)
    • Run On (Im Siwan - idol actor, Shin Se Kyung)
    • Secret Royal Inspector (Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara)
    • Lovestruck in the City (Ji Chang Wook, Kim Ji Won)
    • Marriage Lyrics, Divorce Composition (Sung Hoon, Lee Tae Gon)
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Are there any decent idol actresses out there who actually CAN act?

• Yes, please specify who
    • Haven't seen one yet
  3. 3. Main reason why you're on Soompi? (choose as many as you like)

• Oppa
    • I'm bored
    • Talk about dramas
    • Exchange food and/or coffee pictures
    • Hate on idol actresses
    • Laugh
    • To ship
    • Abs
    • I have nothing better to do
    • Gossip
    • Do math

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/05/2020 at 02:31 PM

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Sarang21, response to your post in spoiler. More stuff, including some fawning over BTS for those who want to skip this post.

Hide contents

I do appreciate that BH has given their artists much more leeway in terms of involvement and expression, and seem to actively encourage it. And, while the Rap Line has been more aggressive about being involved in their music, I think the Vocal Line members have also become more involved over the years. I think Tae and JK are more aggressive about it then Jin or JM, but both of them have noticeably taken on bigger roles, especially for MOTS7.

As for autotune, I feel that it's another instrument at the artists' disposal. As long as the artists are not reliant on auto-tuning their voices in order to actually perform their music, then I don't have any problems with it. The guys in BTS can clearly sing and I feel that their vocals are clearly recognizable, especially without autotune. Though, having said that, occasionally, it catches me off guard how similar JHope and Suga can sound. They must be spending a LOT of time together. LOL

There are some other artists who I'm not going to bother naming because they can only perform with autotune. Without it, they can't stay on pitch to save their lives.

I think it's fine to have a bias, but as their fan, they shouldn't be trying to foment discord especially where there isn't any. I like BTS being a group, especially since they all seem to be happy to be a group.

Someone recently commented how JK, the youngest, can sometimes have an attitude. I responded that I took that as proof of how nice the BTS guys are. Given how young JK is, and was when he joined the group, the older guys could have easily taken him down and shown him his place as the youngest one who needed to be deferential to his hyungs. Instead, they seemed to have indulged him a lot, building his confidence, calling him the Golden Maknae. It's true that he's talented, but they could have so easily trampled over his spirits. However, when you have supportive people who truly like you and want you to do your best, it raises your overall confidence in yourself and how you deal with the world. I really appreciate how supportive, respectful, and nice they are to each other, even in playful mode.

+2

Spoiler

Yeah I agreed JK and Tae seems to be more aggressive in that regard. JK has released a song "still with you" for Festa and there is also going to be a produced song from him in the upcoming japanese album. He has been active in making music so I just don´t understand why it´s taking him so long to release his mixtape after that preview :sleepy:.

Jimin is my biased and I would really love to have a mixtape from him. I find his vocal color so interesting. But so far it doesn´t seem like there is going to be something like that. :pensive:  

As for Jin...I think any mixtape or solo activities has to wait until enlistment. Since he actually has a degree in acting and initially joined BH to become an actor lots of fan think that he might want to branch out into acting instead of releasing music. 

I agreed with you. They are obviously using it as a stylistic choice. But you know some people use the autotune as a way to bash them saying that they can´t sing and that´s why they need them. There are countless video out there showing that they really can sing live but yeah....autotune has been weaponized against BTS from other fans. Which is funny to me because almost every studio album use some kind of autotune. 

It´s true that sometime both Jhope and Suga can sound similar. I have to say in MOTS7 Jhopes part in the songs has been my favorite in ON and UGH!

I also like them being a group...I love their dynamic together. They have also said countless time on video that they like to work together but you know some people have selective hearing lol

What you said about JK is really true. They raised him like if he was their own child. 

I think at the beginning things weren´t so harmonious which is understandable when you have 7 different people coming together. But over the years they have grown a lot and have learned to accept each other´s strength and faults. I also think that it can only work when you have a good leader, so in that regard RM really did and is still doing a great job. 

You know about the friendship about Jimin and Taehyung...recently they talked about how their frienship has evolved. Back in the days they were so sentitive and would fight and get offended very easily. But over the years they have grown to understand and accept each other more. They have become more mature. 

Have you already watched this video? It´s so hilarious :D

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Replies 137k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Lmangla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

so I should save my money, I work hard for it :tounge_wink:

+2

Yeah it´s best for you to save your money :joy:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, partyon said:

I've been on this forum for 6 years - i.e. longer than you, and I'm not even half way to being immortal.... :Megalol:

@Sarang21 @stroppyse Listening now to the BTS songs you posted.

What have you been doing all those 6 years? :surprisedwut:

+2

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

What have you been doing all those 6 years?

I was in a drama slump, OK? :joy: For quite a few years. :joy:

142  **** re-calculated

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

My BTS member knowledge is zero, I got to google who is JK lols... @stroppyse @Sarang21

I think u & @Sarang21 should open a class, how to differentiate BTS... lols.. but don't charge us any fees ok :joy:

JK is Jungkook the maknae of the group :joy:

I think I will make a post about the members. And as a fee I demand 250 Soompi points. :happyshakes:

At first I also had issue telling V and Jungkook appart. But now I´m like how could I have confused them since they look nothing alike :joy: @Lawyerh I think you need new glasses.

2 hours ago, mirmz said:

@Sarang21 i only know which one jimin is since i dont like kpop at all :sweatingbullets:

Jimin is my bias...so you got taste! :happyshakes:But how come you only know him?

@Lmangla event suggestion, quiz to guess who's the BTS member :joy: or maybe even mix with other boyband member... and we all die... 

Edit : but i think will be thrown with rocks by kpop lovers lols.... 

This sounds like a fun idea. Anyone who gets it wrong will feel my wrath!! :evilelmo:

+2

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

@Sarang21, I love BTS. :wub: Denied them strongly for awhile, saying "agh, popular k-pop artists, why all the fuss?" ... until I started learning Korean from their songs. I adore House of Cards - one of my top 5 Korean songs.

+2

That´s how a lot of people start and then fall in love with them :joy:

House of Cards is really an awesome song! One of their best song ever!!

What are the other korean songs in your top 5?

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
5 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

This sounds like a fun idea. Anyone who gets it wrong will feel my wrath!!

Noooo..... :cry: I will probably get 0% right. :flushed: I thought we already bonded? I listened to all those songs for you as well....

Please spare me from your wrath....

You're starting to sound as scary as Ms. Koko.... <shudder>

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Jimin is my bias...so you got taste! :happyshakes:But how come you only know him?

cuz i know some people who like bts and jimin is basically the most popular member so i hear a lot of talk about jimin but tbh i prefer Linkin Park :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
3 minutes ago, mirmz said:

cuz i know some people who like bts and jimin is basically the most popular member so i hear a lot of talk about jimin but tbh i prefer Linkin Park

I love Linkin Park too! :kiss_wink:

d2336e86b6c08aeba7ea0eb6e9b3adb0.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Hahaha @mirmz. Linkin Park a safe bet here. No shipping wars really. 

exactly plus they have great music. @Sarang21 im WAY more into punk/heavy metal/rock than kpop so another reason i dont know much kpop people, their music is WAY too happy for me. plus all kpop boys kinda look like plastic dolls no impurities, nothing. too unrealistic.

btw @partyon my fav song from linkin park is crawling :D 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 3

@mirmz My favorites are One More Light and Place for my Head. Although, if I'm being totally honest, I can listen to the whole Hybrid Theory album and not get tired of it.....

Just now, phikyl said:

@mirmz My favorites are One More Light and Place for my Head. Although, if I'm being totally honest, I can listen to the whole Hybrid Theory album and not get tired of it.....

same i just listen to their songs on repeat for hours :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

@Lawyerh @Sarang21 I really like Kard's earlier songs like Oh Nana and Hola Hola. They do tropical k-pop so well!

Have you heard of the Classical Musician Reacts youtube channel?

Yes they are the best when it comes to tropical k-pop. I also really like BM deep voice :heart2beat:

No I have not heard of that channel. What´s about it?

6 hours ago, partyon said:

@stroppyse @Sarang21

So I have listened through all songs you posted. I did skip the last parts of some songs that I wasn't feeling.

The best ones were in my opinion (not in any particular order):

Spring Day

Idol

Stay Gold

DOPE

You got taste! Those songs are really loved by a lot of people too. Expect for Idol that sometimes cause some debate LOL

The rest of the songs sounded very similar and generic to me. (Please, don't hurt me :D ). Please.

Say your last prayer 

tenor.gif?itemid=11318342

Those BTS boys look the same even in the video @stroppyse posted. :D Do they make a point of making sure all boys have similar clothes on and similar haircuts? :D

Were they singing live in this video? If they were, I have to give it to them that they are very talented. :) 

LOL it´s only a coincidence that they are kind of dressed similar with the same haircut in this video. When they are having comeback each member usually have different hair color and style. I should really post more BTS picture here so that you can finally learn to tell them apart :joy:

Yes they were singing live. 

6 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

:sweat_smile: 

Not music, but I enjoyed their turn at carpool karaoke with James Corden.

Their carpool Karaoke was so much fun. I especially love the conversation going on at the back between Jin and Suga. 

Jin line "I don´t understand what they are saying but let´s laugh" is so relatable on so many levels. :joy:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

@mirmz I used to do just that. My music tastes are pretty varied though. I like at least a couple songs from every genre so I almost never spend more than a couple hours listening to just one type of music.... I don't count when I'm at the gym because there are just some types of music that are better for workouts than others. :lol: 

• partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic