Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Mianee @triplem but ur oppa really look quite suspicious lol DS60 ep.4 :joy:

You know my track record is always like this - attracted to these shady men . Ottoke ..

Spoiler

but I’m mentally prepared to hv him as the baddie but my money is that he’s not because the more obvious the drama makes it - Agent Han is openly pointing it out , the more it is a red herring . :lol:

But yes, I’m liking the changes we see in Park. I wanna see if he’ll change his mind about vacating the seat by the end of the 60days . Very exciting . 

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

whereas the cdramas don't seem to have that much of a problem? is it because they know that the censors will tear it to shreds and so they better draw up the rules of the universe beforehand in order to get permission to air?

They do actually have a lot of problems . I think @lynne22 @kokoduscan attest to that . From the very few I have seen the rule is - have no rules & do whatever you want . Plus they drag the dramas so Long , that viewers like me end up not caring & just wait to see the last 10 episodes :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah. Spoken like a true Tolkien fan.  There was just too much in the books to squash into the 3 movies. I didn’t like the addition of elves at Helms Deep... :huh: but I guess he wanted to add it for dramatic effect...poor Haldir :tears:

kekeke.. will be honest in that I found the books a tough read because there was too much going on. like I have to absorb all the different factions and remember what they are up to. it is why I find saeguks also difficult ot watch. :sweatingbullets: hahahah... so yea, I am not a fan where I remember all those kind of details and what was cut or changed in the movie but I felt like the movies did a good job in painting a grand picture and staying true to the books .

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

They do actually have a lot of problems . I think @lynne22 @kokoduscan attest to that . From the very few I have seen the rule is - have no rules & do whatever you want . Plus they drag the dramas so Long , that viewers like me end up not caring & just wait to see the last 10 episodes :P

ah I see; another point besides universe building is the question of theme. at least from a glance of recaps, I can't tell what exactly was the theme of the angel drama (besides having a winning OTP). what was the grand conflict they were exploring?

fantasty/sci-fi works when there is a theme that anyone can relate to. with the lord of the rings, the grand theme is really the dark side of greed. it was fascinating that the real evil was actually this ring and how people reacted to it. even if they believed they were good, they were still tempted by the power, ambition and greed that the ring can give. honestly, found that ring super creepy and I remember watching and thinking "it is just a ring and yet it is more scary than alien monster." :sweatingbullets:  so it is a very pertinent kind of theme and universal -- every human can be tempted by that kind of dark side. so yea, in order for fantasy to work, that grand theme is also key.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

@Lmangla My PRECIOUS  :naughty:  Gollum was actually my favourite.  I couldn’t hate him, I pitied him.  :cry:

No idea with the angel drama.  Love conquers all?  Where one is willing to die so that the other might live?  Don’t know.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

ah I see; another point besides universe building is the question of theme. at least from a glance of recaps, I can't tell what exactly was the theme of the angel drama (besides having a winning OTP). what was the grand conflict they were exploring?

I had no idea in spite of being on the thread almost 70% of my Soompi time . I just know that there was a love triangle & dancing :lol:. @Ameera Ali what was the jisc of the story ? 

Edited by triplem
  • LOL 5

11 minutes ago, nrllee said:

No idea with the angel drama.  Love conquers all?  Where one is willing to die so that the other might live?  Don’t know.  

hehehehhe... that just sounds funny. one of the best bits about fantasy is that there is usually no love conquers all. instead, there is a realistic vibe that people die due to war, disease.....  thats life. so it feels like a slap to the genre in some sense. maybe thats why people are kind of scratching their heads. if it had been tragic, people would have been cooing and saying "waaaah, thats so beautiful!" :phew:

P.S -- it seems kind of strange to me that we should have to guess at a theme even for disinterested/casual recap readers. shouldn't the theme be obvious? but then again, the general read was that writing all over the place. so guess, we can't expect any coherent theme?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

I had no idea in spite of being on the thread almost 70% of my Soompi time . I just know that there was a love triangle & dancing :lol:. @Ameera Ali what was the jisc of the story ? 

bawahahahha... best recap ever :lol: -- that was my impression of reading the thread here and there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

bawahahahha... best recap ever :lol: -- that was my impression of reading the thread here and there.

what story are we talking about?

• LOL 5

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

what story are we talking about?

that angel drama which just ended much to relief of @triplem :lol:

• LOL 6

Just now, Lmangla said:

that angel drama which just ended much to relief of @triplem :lol:

ahhhh the ballet dancer :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@triplem , @Lmangla how dare you , make  fun at one of the greatest drama ever was made :joy: the conflict was so great the human mind can’t understand it , only the chosen ones can:tounge_xd: :ph34r:, the conflict was so simple  how cute can you be ( Dan ) to get what you want ? :mrgreen:

Rib fight between the two guys to add some drama :joy: the dog run with the rib , we didn’t see him from that day . :relieved:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Because ballet was such a heavy focus of the drama, I anticipated a tragic ending,  A lot of ballets end like that.  And because they kept using Giselle the ballet, I was expecting a tragedy...but no...they went with the Little Mermaid ending.

• LOL 7

11 minutes ago, nrllee said:

they went with the Little Mermaid ending.

Disney Little Mermaid yes..

Original Little Mermaid become soap bubble... :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, nrllee said:

they went with the Little Mermaid ending.

but wasn't little mermaid also sad ending? not the disney version but the actual fairytale..

P.S @Lawyerh you and me posted same thing at same time! :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but wasn't little mermaid also sad ending? not the disney version but the actual fairytale..

Hans Christian Andersen one yes... makjang drama he.

“she loses the prince and she turns into sea foam.”

Ok sea foam not soap bubble correction my bad lol. ^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 5