• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Sushimi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, snowlou said:

lol..i googled search "dramanalytics" to see whether it was a thing. Analysing drama is never my forte unfortunately

I majored in cultural studies [focus: China, Korea] during my university days as an excuse to watch Asian dramas and write essays about them....

PS. subtract team where are you guys....

• LOL 4

+2

6 minutes ago, cenching said:

Yes.....:glasses:

+2

I was asking so to figure out where u r from :D and i suppose ameera too since she s posting the ig. But for the sake of anonymity i'll edit my previous post.

@000231846597 hang on...are you saying that dramanalytic is a thing??? Writing essays on dramas:w00t: sounds like a lot fun

5 minutes ago, snowlou said:

+2

I was asking so to figure out where u r from :D and i suppose ameera too since she s posting the ig. But for the sake of anonymity i'll edit my previous post.

Don't worry, majority of us here know each other location.....:glasses:   @Ameera Ali, so you are Indonesian now?? :glasses:

@partyon

Saw that article in Koala and I almost choked to death when somebody said LMH is bigger than GongYoo.....:joy:

+2

• LOL 4

@cenching @Lmangla @Ameera Ali

Did you check the latest The King article on Koala's Playground? I was laughing reading the comment section. :DMs. Koala once again had to defend her viewpoint by adding an extra comment in the comment section.... :D

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/05/17/episode-10-of-the-king-eternal-monarch-gets-6-4-and-7-8-ratings-and-still-nothing-moves-the-substantive-plot-forward/

Talk about salty readers. :D

Imma just gonna be like:

Spoiler

285604714101201.gif?to=min&r=480

• LOL 4
9 minutes ago, snowlou said:

hang on...are you saying that dramanalytic is a thing??? Writing essays on dramas:w00t: sounds like a lot fun

Nope I made the jargon up. Writing drama/ film related essays are not as fun as one may think... you are often forced to watch sth else you hate. The worst experience - watching The World of Suzie Wong.

• LOL 2

+2 (are we on 1000 yet?)

@cenching lol..just to be on the safe side not to offend ppl over sth so trivial such as...revealing bits of personal information on add and subtract games:D

@000231846597 lol..i just cracked up from hearing the sound of the title. Mr Google says it was nominated for best actress though..so maybe i shouldnt laugh

Hmmm...if i'm guessing correctly the King thread is...is there a war going there as well??

15 minutes ago, cenching said:

Saw that article in Koala and I almost choked to death when somebody said LMH is bigger than GongYoo.....:joy:

Yes, some other "fun" comments were also:

• Hyun Bin's and Ji Chang Wook's dramas also flopped after they came back from the military
  • The female lead's charisma and star power is not enough
  • Heirs also did "poorly" until ep 13
  • King is trending on Netflix
  • Ms. Koala is making up the rating numbers :D:D:D

@cenching Your latest trend now is to ask everyone if they're Asian? :D

• LOL 4

@partyon

In the previous article about The King in Koala, the same person who said LMH is better/bigger than GY stated that LMH is an icon, a living legend that will be remember long after he died BUT not many know/realised about that....I was like eeerrrr.......:expressionless:

Someone named Adysomething got the comment deleted because she/he was cursing Ms. Koala.....:skull:

• LOL 5
14 minutes ago, cenching said:

So you aren't a Taiwanese or you aren't an Asian???

I am an Asian and planning to acquire Taiwanese citizenship. That is about how much I can say where I am from.

33 minutes ago, snowlou said:

lol..i just cracked up from hearing the sound of the title. Mr Google says it was nominated for best actress though..so maybe i shouldnt laugh

The movie is full of submissive Asian women bs; it is a 1960 movie but still....

• Like 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, cenching said:

@partyon

Not many non Asian in Soompi tbh....

Yes, as a non-Asian I am going to break out in a song now.... :bawling:

tumblr_lo3udsFy821qh6tn6.gif

EDIT: Nah, I know a few other Europeans here on Soompi. :)

• LOL 5
8 minutes ago, cenching said:

@partyon

There are 3 including you in this thread as far as I know.....Used to be more

Really? <insert hopeful gif here> :D

I only know of one more on this thread (I think, but not even 100% sure).

Please, let me know so I don't have to be lonely anymooooooreeeeee.... :D

EDIT: @Ameera Ali was the only other European I knew of on this thread. Who are the other two? :) 

• LOL 4

Just stalking this thread sometimes when I’m bored... And here for subtract team!

While waiting for new ep of HP, I just finished Stove League. Didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did! And currently just started on Chicago Typewriter. Heard good things about this one so hope I have the same feelings about it too.

• Love 5

@partyon Don't worry. I can easily name atleast 10 non-asian people in this thread. But the problem is they don't come here anymore. Hahahaha. So you are the only one left now I guess. Apart from @Dhakra ofcourse. 

• LOL 3
  • Guest pinned this topic