Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

43 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@cenching Hahaha I laughed out loud when I read the name of the restaurant. Taj Mahal restaurant. So tacky. LOL. 

@thanie using spoon and forks will spread nCOV? How? I don't understand. 

@kokodus believe me, I don't understand either.  :ph34r: but you know, we didn't ask that question to the waiter who handed us the chopstick. We just obliged. Better safe than sorry ... 

It happened when an investigation about that infected Chinese couple from Wuhan, (China) was ongoing. The wife survived (she recovered from the infection) but the husband died. Authorities were back tracing which part of the Visayas area have they visited so far -- from hotels, to restaurants, and even resorts. It was reported that some of the resort staffs where they have checked-in got infected and quarantined. And authorities refused to disclosed those places in public ... 

+2

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Now that I think of it, I do have a lot of slim metal ones as well. I eat noodles with them all the time. Naeng myun (cold noodle in broth) is my favorite.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 shapes of Korean chopsticks that I encountered both made of stainless steel....One is rounded and pointy, another is flat thin and pointy. This flat thin one is a tortured to used for me.....My hand was aching after meals....:skull:

Chinese rarely use metal for chopsticks, during olden days bamboo and wood were for peasant while ivory and jade were for the rich. Only The Emperor used the silver one to detected poison in the food.

@angelangie @kokodus

Non Chinese/Korean/Japanese restaurants in PH don't have chopsticks ready. PH uses lots of disposable spoon and forks in restaurant too. I think  @thanie meant the disposable wrapped in plastic kind of chopsticks.

+2

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, cenching said:

@nohamahamoud2002 @triplem

I am a pro in wielding chopsticks too...:glasses: I cook with chopsticks. Chopsticks is the best to use for eating fish. Eating chicken with chopsticks is a piece of cake...:glasses: 

Take note that Chinese, Korean and Japanese have different kinds of chopsticks

To me chopsticks are just two sticks, which I can't use, whether Chinese, Korean or Japanese :D

+2

• LOL 4

@mouse007 Started watching Finding yourself. 2 eps done and I m liking it a lot! 

• Love 2

@cenchingIf they can have disposable chopsticks they can also have disposable spoons and forks. Haha. I wonder what's all the fuss is about. LOL. 

• LOL 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX2guYggWGRJF8Mjn0utE

This is the only type of chopsticks I can use lol. They are fixed together from above, where I don't have to bother resting one stick on the thumb and the other on the remaining fingers :huh:

+2

• LOL 1

28 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Sejabin

Sinclair is still very young...What a pity...He is a Malaysian celebrity, right? 

+2

Yes. Malaysian actor with British father who made it big in ID. His sis is English radio DJ and talk show host , Aisyah Sinclair,  whom I listen to everyday. She found out just as she was about to start her shift this morning. Her co hosts on the show broke the news on radio. 

@stroppyse is there any particular reason why Korean chopsticks are made of metal? I love this cold soy milk noodle I tried in Seoul..forgot what it's called.

@angelangie @Lawyerh forget about finding masks, disinfectant and hand sanitizers. The pharmacy don't even want to take orders.  

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols nah not looking for one...u can try Bath & Body works, u might find those hand sanitizers, i did bought 5 from there about 1 or 2 weeks ago.....lols

actually there is also study going on saying that this sanitizers doesnt actually clean ur hand by much....best is still water and soap

I don't use. I find it drying and causes a reaction. So I just stick to water and soap as well.  Actually they say the mask can't really protect as well but I guess people use it anyway as you feel psychologically better..

3 hours ago, staygold said:

@mouse007 Started watching Finding yourself. 2 eps done and I m liking it a lot! 

@staygold Yay! I'm glad you decided to check it out. I will warn you though that there will come a point where you might feel frustrated with FL towards the latter episodes. Anyway, let me know what you think!

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@staygold ah... i also want to watch but can't find eng sub. " Finding Yourself "

@Lawyerh I will DM you...

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@cenchingIf they can have disposable chopsticks they can also have disposable spoons and forks. Haha. I wonder what's all the fuss is about. LOL. 

@kokodus valid point! LOL! Maybe they just think chopsticks add a bit of flair compared to plastic spoons and forks...

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

I don't use. I find it drying and causes a reaction. So I just stick to water and soap as well.  Actually they say the mask can't really protect as well but I guess people use it anyway as you feel psychologically better..

I saw a video released by a doctor here in Canada that discuss covid19 and he said that it is spread by contact so really, the best preventative method is to regularly wash hands and to avoid touching our face. He said most of the masks out there aren't even helpful because only those that are worn by specific health care professionals (I forgot which ones exactly), the one that is sealed, is effective. He said that the reason the mask is helpful is only because it prevents the wearer from touching his face. 

On the topic of chopsticks... I can use them but only the wooden ones because I find the metal ones very slippery. I only really use chopsticks when eating sushi but I prefer a fork and knife for everything else bec I don't have the patience. I just want that food in my mouth already! :joy:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

+2

15 hours ago, triplem said:

I am often sceptical when people tell me their professions & use that as a basis to validate their opinions. 

Very true. I mean you are a teacher and I rarely accepted ANY advice. :D Because I am sceptical :P 

Since we are now talking about chopsticks, let me share my story:

I wanted to learn how to use chopsticks. I watched mutiple videos teaching how to use it. 

I went to an asian store near me and bought simple chopsticks for 1 € and Ramen noodle to practice. 

Needless to say I ended up with cramps in my fingers, noodles sleeping out of the chopsticks and my noodles getting cold. 

So I ended up eating like this:

Spoiler

Etenmetchopsticks.jpg

Till this day I stil don´t know how to use chopsticks:sweat_smile:

+2

• LOL 4