Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@partyon Persuasion is the first Jane Austen novel I read and it still remains my favourite. 

There is one couple in HP that got compared to Darcy and Lizzy by many.... I think it will be a nice homework for partyon to find out which one it is. LOL. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

There is one couple in HP that got compared to Darcy and Lizzy by many.... I think it will be a nice homework for partyon to find out which one it is. LOL.

I am not even going to attempt to guess who in HP are being compared to Lizzy and Darcy. :D

Maybe if we get a scene like this, I might recognize who they are... :kiss_wink:

P3gn.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

@partyon I haven't read Jane Eyre yet but I believe I do own it. I'd have to check my bookshelves to know for sure though. That's a Bronte work, right? 

I was told the one with Colin Firth is hands down the best, which is why I grabbed it in the first place. It's just much easier to find time for a 2 hr movie vs a 6 hr show. :lol: 

490   *** fixed

7 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@partyon I haven't read Jane Eyre yet but I believe I do own it. I'd have to check my bookshelves to know for sure though. That's a Bronte work, right? 

Yes, Charlotte Brontë. A very very daring book! It caused quite a scandal when it came out. It was deemed as coarse and immoral, mostly because it alluded more than once that some "premarital" action happened between the ML and FL. If I remember correctly it is also described pretty explicitly how the heroine feels in these situations. I was quite surprised when I read it for the first time. It was definitely ahead of its time.

There's a movie that I came out in 2011 (?), but I like the series from 2006 more. :)

I was told the one with Colin Firth is hands down the best, which is why I grabbed it in the first place. It's just much easier to find time for a 2 hr movie vs a 6 hr show. :lol:

I like both, but the one with Colin Firth is a must watch. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, triplem said:

just to make sure we know who is on which team for easy reference. With some people crossing over to the other teams - some of out kindness , some for personal gains , I thought it may be easier to have a list and reduce confusion since of late we seem to take the competition here fairly seriously ....

Please explain who belongs to which category:

@Sushimi

@Lawyerh

@partyon

:eats:       <-------- these some fat emoji cats

6 hours ago, TRaNz said:

@Lawyerh please refresh page after you post just to try and get the numbers aligned.

@Lawyerh

tumblr_nie6xtcPIt1tho95mo4_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 3