Add and Subtract Game

Admin

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@partyon where are u? Hows HP? My Iksong, like them

Babe, I was enjoying RL today. :kiss_wink:

It's summer, it's sunny, lockdown is over, bars and restaurants are open. :joy: I'm enjoying myself! 

Chat with you tomorrow? :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

+2

@stroppyseWait....you left Team Add.....but....but.....but

giphy.gif

@phikylInteresting. I like your style. 

7 minutes ago, phikyl said:

As for exploiting the system, we here in this thread already do that with our liking of every single post.

Ahhh, nononono. Let's use a few gaming terms here. I would rather call it "clever usage of mechanics". It's only exploting if its forbidden or a grey area. Or if the benefit is way greater than the work put into it. 

Exploting would be creating clubs and/or threads with no use or purpose, only creating them to grab points. Or creating a post, grab points and deleting them.

Is the x2 multiplier added to Boxes aswell?

@phikylMy mind is working. Or do it kinda like a hedgefond. Shortly before the interest is paid out,  everyone transfers/sents all points to someone with the biggest interest, grab the interest and then  pay it out to everyone via key of how much everyone invested.

I feel like I either get a warning point soon or my messages get deleted.

I somehow feel there will be soon a Interest Group Club.....

@Dhakra LOL! Even in gaming, it could be called an exploit. It's technically a grey area because it's not the original, intended use of the reaction buttons. However, it was stated in the rules that if we find such a grey area, that it would be allowed as long as we don't break the system. 

Edit: Now you're thinking! That's why I've been shoving all my points in the bank. I want to make it so that I can live off the interest. :wink: 

:doggie:

500  ** fixed

@phikylExcessive use of reactions to generate points? Mhm. I would still call it clever use of mechanics. 

I mean technically it's like farming?

If we break the system I already see a point squish happening. :D 

Edit: Or all could live from one big interest......

@Dhakra Yep! We're point farming. 

As for the point squish, it already happened. We dropped from earning 5pts per reaction to 1 point per and then yesterday it was boosted to 2pts per. So I think we're probably going to stick to 2pts per reaction. It's the sweet spot. 

502   *** fixed

Since @stroppyse didn't specify a team, it's team add. :wink: 

@stroppyse The thread did already generate a larger number of reactions than other threads but I'm almost positive there's been a marked increase since we learned about the point system. 

Whereas before, most people would just skim/hit like on the main posts if they missed a ton of pages [or just skip to the most recent page] there are now at least a couple people including myself that are going back through and making sure to hit a reaction on every post. 

Technically a grey area there too I believe. I think the intended use of reactions isn't for getting a reaction on every post but rather to allow users to react to posts that they feel strongly about. So in that sense, we've always been operating in a grey area in this thread, we just upped the ante with the introduction of points. 

12 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Wait... wait.... what did I just read here??? @partyon going back to add team? Aren't you team subtract? Why would you?

According to the first page of this thread, I belong to Team Add. :D That's where I started out, but ended up switching to Team Subtract after about 5 wins. Mostly because I felt bad that Team Subtract was always losing. :cries:

So, after I jumped ship, I started trying to recruit more people to Team Subtract (but failed miserably). But we started winning anyway. Glad to have you onboard. :)  

Yay!

:hwaiting:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1