Quantcast

Add and Subtract Game

44 minutes ago, kokodus said:

When I read colour theories on HP, this is how I feel. They practically name all the primary colours that is there. HAHAHAHAHAHA. What will a poor colourblind person will do. I can't even.....

The theories are too crazy for my tiny brain to handle.

I guess I should stick to the 4 colors of another HP...[A Ravenclaw by heart]

• LOL 2
  • Replies 136.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Lmangla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

+2

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Dhakra Do you have that Bok Joo gif where she screams "Die die" ? I can't find it, I don't know where I saved it. Sighhh. I think I might need that tomorrow or next week if the writer of the drama I'm watching pulls some crap in the name of plot twist at the end. 

Uhmmmmm...........

let me seeeee

nope....can't find it. 

Morning *yawn* 

I literally had HP dream last night:skull: starred IJ, SHwa, JWan, Chi Hong and Seon Bin...how crazy is that:scream: I must be thinking about HP unconsciously wayyy too much. 

@kokodus LOL...I must say though..(since I don't know which colour theory you're referring to) but the one that I read (the last one)..I think it's pretty good - It's coherent and not so much out of nowhere, and it's def supporting the story line so far (and maybe because it's def supporting my bias #IkSong :joy: and in general I think I have always liked her writing on the main thread). 

Have a great day chingus~~ 

7 hours ago, Dhakra said:

+2

Uhmmmmm...........

let me seeeee

nope....can't find it. 

Really?? Sigh. No it's ok It's ok. This is the universe's way of telling me that I won't have the chance to use that gif. :blush:

@snowlou I really like her analysis too. She connects the dots effortlessly with the clues that I didn't even know existed. LOL. I was never behind colour theories though, when she said that Seok Hyeong's birthday hat has pompoms in colours Red, blue, yellow, white, purple.....that's when I lost it. LOLOL. Birthday hats are supposed to be colourful like that. But yeah it doesn't matter, as long as it's in the favour of our ship, I deem it plausible. LOL. 

• LOL 3
24 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@snowlou ...that Seok Hyeong's birthday hat has pompoms in colours Red, blue, yellow, white, purple.....that's when I lost it. LOLOL. Birthday hats are supposed to be colourful like that.

:joy::joy::joy: that is sooo true >_<  

Why am I always sleepy at this time of the day??? It doesn't matter even if i have nap in the morning (or not)...i'm always sleepy now:sleepy: - random rambling 

33 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I really like her analysis too. She connects the dots effortlessly with the clues that I didn't even know existed.

I feel the need to say that those are taken (summarized?) from review videos on YouTube. Mostly are from the Korean reviewers. 

• Insightful 1

I think Instagram knows too much about me, because it recommended me this video.... :D

Rain is turning 38 - look at those abs though. :w00t:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@partyon oohh rain. But dont you think he looks really skinny on the face though? I saw his other recent vids and honestly i prefer his look during his full house days:sweatingbullets:

+2

30 minutes ago, snowlou said:

@partyon oohh rain. But dont you think he looks really skinny on the face though? I saw his other recent vids and honestly i prefer his look during his full house days:sweatingbullets:

Honestly I think that most Korean male actors are a bit too skinny for my taste. :phew: I like my guys with a bit more meat on their bones... :P

I just rewatched Something Happened in Bali, and it was weird to see Jo In Sung and So Ji Sub with more weight on them. They look very good though! :) Rain was also more buff in Full House, as was Hyun Bin in My Name Is Kim Sam Soon.

They all started loosing weight 5 years after these dramas came out (2008 ->). The same goes for actresses. Ha Ji Won has kept the same body shape from her early days as an actress.

Korean dramas have little diversity when it comes to body types. I feel like other Asian countries' dramas are more diverse.

What do you think?

• Like 3

Ohhh...guess what @partyon..i also thought most of the actors you mentioned got skinnier as they age. Some i must say became better looking but there are instances where i prefer their younger version due to the presence of 'more meat' on their faces and bodies:joy:

Which other Asian dramas are you referring to? I dont really watch chinese taiwanese (well i did watch f4 back in the day)..do watch some japanese but havent recently. 

@partyon ~ the older kdramas, actors as well as actresses looked more chunky and healthy. after the size zero trend, there has been a tendency to be more leaner and smaller framed all over the world... but at the same time, think cultural tastes and natural body silhouettes also come into factor. so it is a bit of a running joke here in my place as healthy is seen as beautiful and so a little chunky weight is not seen as off putting. whereas if you travel outside the region, they have different definitions of beautiful.... it really is 'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, triplem said:

@partyon I am only half way of eps 7 for Good Casting. Will post something when  I am caught up. Yesterday's OMB is very interesting...the sperm hunt is not as straightforward as it seems ...

I'm half way into Oh My Baby ep 3 right now. Will post my thoughts in the thread soon. :kiss_wink:

18 minutes ago, snowlou said:

Which other Asian dramas are you referring to? I dont really watch chinese taiwanese (well i did watch f4 back in the day)..do watch some japanese but havent recently.

I am referring to Taiwanese and Japanese dramas. :smile:

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@partyon ~ the older kdramas, actors as well as actresses looked more chunky and healthy. after the size zero trend, there has been a tendency to be more leaner and smaller framed all over the world... but at the same time, think cultural tastes and natural body silhouettes also come into factor.

I agree that size zero changed a lot of trends globally.  Yes, cultural tastes impact a lot on what you prefer.

Also, I am not saying that there's anything wrong with being super skinny.

I just wish that Korean dramas could show a bit more diversity when it comes to body types, because we know that the Korean population comes in various shapes and sizes as well. Why depict only the size zero ones?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@partyon ~ because I am in the mood for random sharing -- so back to natural silhouettes, they change depending on the region. so just to give you a little info, my country does not have one size chart. in fact, it is a real pain because every retailer has their own which is why I would never be stupid enough to shop online. what is S (small) with one brand would be a M in another. even within the same brand, you will see varieties of cuts which means in one outfit, you look shapeless and other, you look more busty. so I always check the fabric, the cut, try it out to see if it fits right. there was an initiative by the textile minister to kick start a national size chart but who knows what happened now with this whole lockdown. it will probably be forgotten for another few years...

most women in my region tend to be bottom heavy as well as on top. so common shapes are pear, apple and hourglass. our silhouettes are just that way. this means our definition of beauty is perhaps a bit different from other regions. hence, an actress like this would still be considered beautiful.

Spoiler

Jyothika_main_0.jpg?itok=g3gPhTNc

she does more art & small movies now post marriage and children. but even before she got married, she was hilariously known for being a bit chunky or what we call healthy! she was never what we call thin.

so yea, it all depends on various factors!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Honestly i m not familiat with the 'size zero' term but surprisingly i understood its meaning just through the name and the context it's been used:glasses:

I just feel pity esepcially to those older actors and actresses who need to maintain even leaner look. As we age..our skin will naturally lose its elasticity and it will be harder to retain the firmness compared to those who are younger. Those older actors must have worked harder i suppose..eat smarter..or even rely on bulk-up agents etc so then they could 'defy' their bodies' natural tendency. What can we say..Korean has its own culture and preference. 

@partyon cant say for Taiwanese..but for Japanese..i think their body shapes are on the small/lean size anyhow. So in the case of finding really meaty muscly japanese actors..i tend to view them as the ones 'outside' ordinary:tounge_xd:

@triplem oww....i ll have to see it for myself. Maybe over the weekend of next Monday. 

@snowlou ~ I don't know what idiot fashion designer came up with the size zero concept. it is just stupid. most of us don't look like fashion models or those mannequin dolls. so who are they designing for? it doesn't make practical and financial sense to me. why not design for the normal body shape? because of this stupid trend, you have this lean towards extreme dieting and a whole bunch of health issues. people just need to eat healthy, exercise and try and stay within their body mass index. you don't have to be perfect but just feel good about yourself when you step out, have energy to run and do things. that's what life is about no?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@Lmangla Agree. Who would fit in size 0 anyway? In this country..size 0 is for baby age 9-12 months if i'm not mistaken :joy: I think all this 'perfect' idea of what someone should look like or smell etc def is influenced by media. Last time my friend shared something which I found quite interesting. He said in the past, nobody cared if you had body odour..until people created deodorant and media advertised it and now people having body odour is viewed as something negative. Out of curiosity, are you from India btw? 

• partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic