Add and Subtract Game

Admin

14 hours ago, partyon said:

Are there any other famous Romanians, except for Vlad Tepes and Dracula?

Define famous. :D Romania is a small country but we had the fair share of people who contributed to the word of science, art, sports.

Vlad was made a celebrity because of the vampire movies. Now he and Dracula are famous all over the word. :lol: He was an important ruler in our hystory but, his cousin, for exemple, Stephan The Great  (voivode of Moldavia, another Romanian province) was more famous than Vlad in his time. He ruled 47 years and he had one of the greatest victory against Ottomans until that time. Now, I am sure only people who read/ study history heard of him.

Spoiler

Speaking of famous Romanians, I want to tell you about a woman who is not even remembered by her own people today. (I like to talk about impotant women).  Elisa Leonida, is one of the first formally recognized female engineer in Europe. Because of the prejudice/discrimination against women in science, she was rejected in an university in Bucharest but she graduated eventually in Berlin. She was born in a family with 11 children and, at least three of her siblings were famous. One of them was Gheorghe Leonida, a sculpture who made the head of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro).

In the present, the most famous Romanians are Sebastian Stan (an actor in US where he emigrated when he was young) and tenis player Simona Halep. :D

14 hours ago, kokodus said:

This hottie is a Romanian too.....

Ha ha . You beat me to respond to @partyon I guess she was interested in hotties.:lol:

I never watched Sebastian Stan in movies, just in ealier years in TV series  Gossip Girls and Once Upon a Time. I knew he was in Captain America movie. One of the famous writer for Marvel universe was Stan Lee. If his parents wouldn`t emigrate from Romania, he wouldn`t have had the chance to become the famous American comic book writer. Now we have Spider Man. :D

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

9 minutes ago, snowlou said:

@im0202 hang on..you had a school trip to Australia???wowwww

Yep haha my school organised yearly trips for certain batches of students. The country of choice is changed every year. I was pretty lucky. When it came to my younger sister’s year she got Malaysia. Not to be mean but I did laugh at her because it was worst possible outcome as Malaysia is so similar to SG in every sense.:joy:

I remember feeding baby kangaroos and playing Cricket with the school kids there. It was fun.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, im0202 said:

It’s been 17 years since I’ve been there lol. And that was for a school trip. We went for a farmstay as well, but it’s been so long I can’t remember where. 

I really want to try going on a road trip over there but I can’t drive :joy:

@TRaNz Stop because gambling is a vicious cycle :D But your gifts were very much appreciated!

Wow! So atas your school trip! Was it primary or secondary? I went to Beijing in P6.

@TRaNz I thought by not reporting my boxes, I can stop you from sending to me and send to others. But I just realised I have like 3 more boxes from you!

@kokodus Are we delaying the inevitable shipping thread?

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Yep haha my school organised yearly trips for certain batches of students. The country of choice is changed every year. I was pretty lucky. When it came to my younger sister’s year she got Malaysia. Not to be mean but I did laugh at her because it was worst possible outcome as Malaysia is so similar to SG in every sense.:joy:

Hahahahha...all the Malaysians here be like :evillaugh: hahaha i understand though. Which places did you visit in Melbourne/Victoria for your school trip last time? 

On 6/23/2020 at 9:23 PM, Sejabin said:

btw the handsome in marvel movies is captain america ^_*

The only captain who stole my heart was Captain Picard. And he was 94 in the last series and he died. But became immortal . (Not really:D).

Sure I like seeing all the hotties through. 

picard_clapping.gif

But Captain Picard is the best. :w00t:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Wow! So atas your school trip! Was it primary or secondary? I went to Beijing in P6.

Not atas hahaha... it was heavily subsidised cos it was an educational trip (school exchange)? Primary school by the way.

@snowlou We visited another school in Australia (I think in Perth) and had music, art and physical education classes with them.

That was my first school trip overseas. My other one was in secondary school when I went to Czech Republic for a choir competition. This one cost a lot more lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, snowlou said:

Hahahahha...all the Malaysians here be like :evillaugh: hahaha i understand though.

Hahaha please don’t kill me :D I do have Malaysian blood also - half my relatives (Dad’s side) reside in KL lol. 

:heart1:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1