Add and Subtract Game

Admin

I know the feeling. lol. I think I might have found one I don't mind using though. Just have to adjust it a bit first to fit the limits

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

Really? Is Soompi just your hobby?

What do you work with normally then? :kiss_wink:

@partyon  I manage a family-based private conglomerate of pharmaceutical, biotech, biomedical R&D and applications. Else, I'm studying for a PhD in immunology on infectious diseases -  The other staff often criticize me for being all over the place lol.

Best of the weekend, Oct. 21 to 23 - The New Tropic

24 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@Hanyeoun  What if we did a medal that's a limited time offer [say one month only?] so the people who are here now, being the store guinea pigs, have a chance to buy themselves a limited edition "guinea pig" medal? Kind of like how video games usually have titles for people who start the game at launch so they can show off that "hey, I was here from the beginning"

@phikyl That's an excellent idea. We could provide a "medal of the month" in the shop or something who participated into it like being a founder.

Also, it seems you are familiar with video games, I've been thinking of recruiting an art designer who could help us create some cosmetic items in the shop - like seasonal items (season passes in games).

Of course, no microtransactions, donations or money involved.

+ 2

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

it seems you are familiar with video games

I am familiar in the sense that I play them in 95% of my free time. :lol: 

I'm more the ideas and planning aspects of stuff. Art is wayyyyy out of my domain but I think we might do well to recruit someone from inside the forums in the same way we do mods/event planners. They'd have more passion for it imo. 

@Hanyeoun Steam sales and humble bundles make my wallet cry. :lol: If you see this username in a game though, it's probably me. 

I saw that you were trying to think of a way to integrate Discord into the forums without taking people away from the forums itself. I'm pretty sure I've seen other sites have a widget of sorts on the sidebar for Discord but I don't know if that's feasible here. Can't remember exactly where I saw it to reference though. 

I think the biggest issue is going to be server limits. We've got a lot of people on the forums and I remember the Slack had quite a bit of users; so in theory, a Discord server would as well. 

41 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@Hanyeoun Steam sales and humble bundles make my wallet cry. :lol: If you see this username in a game though, it's probably me. 

I saw that you were trying to think of a way to integrate Discord into the forums without taking people away from the forums itself. I'm pretty sure I've seen other sites have a widget of sorts on the sidebar for Discord but I don't know if that's feasible here. Can't remember exactly where I saw it to reference though. 

I think the biggest issue is going to be server limits. We've got a lot of people on the forums and I remember the Slack had quite a bit of users; so in theory, a Discord server would as well. 

@phikyl The Discord integration module should be ready this week. Although before installing it into the forums, I'm still on the drawing board for this.

Discord has a very good server capacity. I've seen one with hundreds of people in one server with a couple of voice channels limiting to 3-4 people max. It's surprisingly good software for being free.

Slack was great but it suffered a lot from server outages and it was more designed for business purposes.

+ 2

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1