Quantcast

Add and Subtract Game

@lynne22 I'm not too worried about the getting sick aspect of it, I'll either get it or I won't. Plus, the fatality rate is fairly low unless you're elderly or otherwise seriously ill. According to the CDC the mortality rate is something like .2%; around the same level as the flu. The biggest difference is it's a new virus so there's no immunity/vaccine yet. The hard part is going to be if they start doing hardcore quarantines here like they did in China. While I've got enough essentials to last a while, it's just standard disaster prep that I already had set up. I didn't go out and buy months worth of supplies like some people. 

Essentially, I'm alert about it and keeping on top of the news but not freaking out. 

• Replies 136.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Lmangla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cenching said:

@mouse007
I got it in The Face Shop. Mango Seed Advanced Ceramide Radiant Moisturising Oil, I also have Mango Seed Advanced Moisturizing Butter. It's quite affordable though. I bought this series because of the ceramide contained. I need it for my skin care regimen as recommended by my Dermatologist since I am using Retinoid Acid.

@cenchingOh I see. We have The Face Shop here as well but I don't use any of their products. I think I tried their facial cleanser once and didn't really like it so I haven't bought anything else since. Why are you using Retin A?

Innisfree recently opened in one of the malls here but I haven't had the chance to check it out. 

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Hehe. Im great! I just finished another semester at school. Going to prepare to apply for an internship as part of the school requirements. :) Right now I’m watching two. The Cursed and Tell me what you saw. Both totally different side of your spectrum :joy:

@Sushimi aw I'm glad you finished another sem and excited for you to be interning! That will be interesting. I remember applying for internship.. it was so nerve-wracking for me but I actually enjoyed the experience.

• Like 2

+2

@bedifferent @nrllee I watched CoN after bee recommended it and it was amazing. Probably on the same level as Signal and Tunnel, but with a way heavier plot. Nothing for weak nerves or people who are a bit sensitive since all of the cases are about children abuse.

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@nrllee watched both Children of Nobody and Beautiful World.  Children of Nobody does mystery and crime well. Very under radar last year with a good ending.  Think @Dhakra and @staygold also saw it.  Have you watched Kingdom?

I stay away from horror and for me Zombie apocalypse (Even if it is set in Joseon times) is horror, so no Kingdom for me.  I will give Children of Nobody a try.  Although I am hesitating because 365 (with Nam JiHyun and Lee JoonHyuk is about to premiere soon and it looks to be in that space too.  Thanks for the input.

EDIT - thanks for heads up @Dhakra about CoN.

• Like 3

@nrllee I can tell you that CoN is really good, I recommend it. I enjoyed watching it a lot, but it can be sometimes very hard to endure. The dramas also raises a few interesting questions. It is not as emotional as "Mother" was, since it's from cops or law pov, but it is a drama that will follow you a few days and sometimes puts you in an uncomfortable postion in your seat. 

@mouse007

I have been using retin A for about 10 years, it’s the best anti aging product out there. I had try every products under the sky and nothing beats retin A. You should try it....

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

What's with the permed hair for our oppas recently?? Not a big fan of permed hair on guys, tbh... Hope it will quickly phase out :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@cenching I use it too! I have several serums I use daily. Some I apply in the morning and some at night. I wish I had taken better care of my skin when I was younger. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@cenching I use it too! I have several serums I use daily. Some I apply in the morning and some at night. I wish I had taken better care of my skin when I was younger. 

Are you using Retinol or Retinoid Acid?? Retinoid Acid is expensive in Canada and you needed prescription so better you stockpile it from PH....:glasses:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, nrllee said:

I stay away from horror and for me Zombie apocalypse (Even if it is set in Joseon times) is horror, so no Kingdom for me. 

I am not a fan of horror like you.  Once you get over the blood (for some reasons, zombies seem silly for me, the unreal factor helps!), the court machinations in Kingdom is entertaining.  It has this grand sageuk feel of people scheming against each other while not realizing the undead is going to trump it all.   Very much like the White Walkers in Game of Thrones.

I’m guessing you will have time to watch CoN if you ever decide to.  A lot of dramas are going to be delayed due to COVID.

Whoa @Dhakra I’m glad you like CoN to even honorable mention it. :D  Still waiting for Signal 2.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, cenching said:

Bought these in 7/11, look interesting. Anyone has tried?

+2

Nope. Never seen these flavors. Gonna go check later if they have them on shelves. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I’m guessing you will have time to watch CoN if you ever decide to.  A lot of dramas are going to be delayed due to COVID.

Yeah I feared as much.

50 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

am not a fan of horror like you.  Once you get over the blood (for some reasons, zombies seem silly for me, the unreal factor helps!), the court machinations in Kingdom is entertaining.  It has this grand sageuk feel of people scheming against each other while not realizing the undead is going to trump it all.   Very much like the White Walkers in Game of Thrones.

Never watched GOT.  Yes I am strange.  I watch zombie things with hubby - he seems to gravitate towards the undead for reasons unbeknownst to me. :lol:.  I think the last one I watched with him on Netflix was Van Helsing.  Wait that was vampires not zombies...but same undead theme.  It was interesting initially but got repetitive and I gave up.

And I didn’t watch Train to Busan either.  :lol:.  

But not all bad.  Hospital Playlist is starting soon.  I am not sure they managed to finish filming S1 because it sounds like they are delaying filming because they have a big cast (and COVID discourages gatherings of big groups in tight confines)..plus they are filming in Hospitals (not exactly the best place to be in a pandemic).  We’ll see.

• Like 3
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic