• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. putting that zoom camera set up to good use.    @Lmangla @partyon @Jillia          @Ameera Ali @iksunijini @Sleepy Owl  @Thong Thin   @MayanEcho @Min2206 @joccu @sadthe1st

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Surprisingly  she is the main lead girl :joy:. The drama is called: My Girlfriend is an Alien....you can find it on Youtube with Sub. 

+2

is the girlfriend from earth or actually alien?

• LOL 1

@triplem thanks a bunch for the recs. I’m in airport lounge waiting for flight.  Will keep the tips in mind.  I am doing an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay, wonder how the night squid fishing will be :lol:

@Dhakra @nrllee watched Witcher E1, like it so far.  Trying to keep the characters’ names and roles straight.  Henry Caville, too bad, he’s not charming conversationally in real life, guy physique is :o

@nrllee will try to watch Stranger again.  My memory about Eun Soo - she was crushing ShiMok a little but was pursuing his affection and trust for her own agenda. I actually empathize with her a lot.  I wish she was not as desperate and impatient as to do things her way.  I think she was too career driven and made some mistakes in reading people, inciuding ShiMok.  :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

+2

Merry Christmas to all my crazy ahjummas ^_^

9 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra @nrllee watched Witcher E1, like it so far.  Trying to keep the characters’ names and roles straight.  Henry Caville, too bad, he’s not charming conversationally in real life, guy physique is :o

I have to say that so far I like it aswell, but I have the same problem like you. The names do sound familiar, at least some of them, but there are so many unfamiliar faces and stuff that it is sometimes hard to follow. Especially in ep3 I really had a hard time to follow everything. 

Henry Caville does a good job at being the witcher though, he behaves similiar to the game. The way he talks is like this aswell. You can see that he really paid attention and tried to be the witcher of the games and not does an impression of his own. 

36 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

+2

Merry Christmas to all my crazy ahjummas ^_^

I have to say that so far I like it aswell, but I have the same problem like you. The names do sound familiar, at least some of them, but there are so many unfamiliar faces and stuff that it is sometimes hard to follow. Especially in ep3 I really had a hard time to follow everything. 

Henry Caville does a good job at being the witcher though, he behaves similiar to the game. The way he talks is like this aswell. You can see that he really paid attention and tried to be the witcher of the games and not does an impression of his own. 

I watched this Witcher as well. I don't know why but Netflix was selling it very hard to me, so I just watched a few eps and I have to say it's not half bad. The world building took me some time to get used to as I don't know anything about the book or the game. As opposed to you 3rd ep was the one which made me hooked. The parallels between striga and Yennefer, one becoming a monster and one becoming one. I know it's deeper than that and I have to keep watching to know more. For now I only watch one ep a day because it's just too much to take it all at once. 

• Like 1

@Dhakra You really like it that much?? I just thought you are watching it, I mean you are not singing praises of the show everywhere or anything. I don't think it's the greatest show ever made, but hey at least I don't yawn or do other activities while I'm in the middle of watching an ep. That's always a good sign. LOL. 

• Like 1

@Dhakra @bedifferent @kokodus Witcher gets more confusing. I constantly feel like I am playing catch up as they throw more people types at us and then they time jump from present to the past without any hint that they were doing so... you sort of had to work it out yourself.  :huh:.  But it’s a fun ride.  Just as well just 8 episodes in the one season.  I am not sure I would be able to watch on if there were more. :lol:.

@bedifferent

Re EunSoo.  Yes I think that too which is one of the reasons she annoyed me.  Because she was inherently selfish.  Everything was about her vendetta, her version of justice, her revenge.  Nothing else mattered.  Not her life, her decorum, her morals, nor the safety of the people around her.  Just like the means whereby she pursued her version of justice was perverse, her infatuation with SM was also muddied as a result.  She was similar to SM that way.  SM was relentless in his pursuit of true justice but he was exacting, methodical and rational.  ES pursued her own version of perverted justice and it clouded her judgment.   During my second watch I did wonder why SM didn’t include her in the investigation team.  She was on his suspect list as the killer (?) and he had included people who seemed involved in some manner or form to keep tabs on them (like Yoon and the civil rights lawyer).  Initially I thought he did so (kept her away) to “keep her safe” but I am more inclined to think that he did it because she wasn’t objective and her vendetta would’ve put the whole pursuit for true justice in jeopardy.  I think vendettas are one thing but when it becomes so all consuming that you can’t think straight anymore (like ES’s case), you become a liability to yourself and the others around you. 

@bedifferent

Spoiler

EDIT - I am reading through your insights in the Life thread.  I agree with a lot of your points.  Gu is duplicitous because he was bridging the divide between the corporate world and the non-profit humanitarian (service provider) world that is the medical fraternity (which is inherently elitist).  In his own way (playing the baddie), Gu was attempting to “protect” the hospital.  Like a parent playing the “baddie” to protect the child because the world in which they (adults) swim in is so much bigger than the child’s myopic world.  I knew from the get go that Gu was one to protect his own.  His staff love him (Ms Kang and his chauffeur), they like working for him.  You don’t have staff like that if you’re a tyrant.  In the very beginning (Ep2) did you notice how the others in the corporation had PAs who were young and hip?  And here he was with a middle aged lady who he insisted work in the same office space as him (I think to protect her in part and also because he liked her company).  And notice how he defended her when his colleague took a swing at her (Ms Kang) for putting on weight?  Gu knew she was sensitive about that (she was taking diet pills and trying to lose weight), so he snapped back at the rude colleague, “I guess  your job is treating you well too.” :lol: implying that he too had put on weight and he shouldn’t be one to judge (Ms Kang smiled when she heard that retort).  He protects his own.  So for me Gu was never “bad”.  He was always trying to make the best of the situation he was given.  He just seemed that way because he was bringing in new changes to a fraternity that dislikes anybody other than their own telling them how to do things.  He had to “sell” the hospital to a Chairman who only understood numbers and profit margins.  He had to broker a deal when both parties refuse to budge from their fixed positions.  It required a great deal of dexterity on his part.  Ethically you could say that the pharmaceutical company subsidiary/health insurance wasn’t kosher.  But Gu’s point was that it was happening regardless so why not do it till the government clamps down on it?  Personally it wouldn’t sit well on my conscience.  I am a terrible salesperson.  But I can see Gu’s business point of view.  Why not work with it to keep afloat?  If it was a choice between keeping the hospital open by selling health pills/insurances and closing it because the Chairman wasn’t happy with it, there’s not much of a choice.

There also seemed to be a lot of debate as to whether Dr Oh (female neurosurgeon) or Joo (cardiothoracic surgeon) was the better Director. The scene where Pres Gu shook Dr Joo’s hand and revealed that he was planning to bail earlier on when the going got tough thereby swinging the votes away from his favour to the female neurosurgeon Dr Oh as a result.  Totally planned.  Gu knew Joo didn’t have what it takes to be cutthroat.  He decided that between the 2 of them, Oh had what it takes to be a director.  You can’t be too “nice”.  The mess that the hospital is in now is the result of the dead Director’s “niceness”.  Everyone took a piece out of his heart.  Joo was too similar to the old Director (that’s why they are friends and the old guy recruited him to the University Hospital in the first place).  He can’t say no.  There was a lot of talk about what constitutes a “good” doctor.  And to be frank if I had to pick someone to operate on me it would be Dr Oh over Dr Joo any time.  She knew her limits.  She would not be working the ridiculous hours he did.  She would ensure to the best of her ability that she was in top notch condition when she walked into the OT.  Not so Joo.  He’s the sort of doctor who would end up with a divorce. He didn’t even know his daughter was in high school.   He’s married to his job.  Yes Oh’s bedside manner would probably suck big time.  She’s like Dr House to me.  Blunt but brilliant.  In an ideal world all doctors would be both Oh and Joo.  But truth of the matter is that you will have the whole range on them...just like what Gu said in his departing speech.  As far as he was concerned, they were all necessary.  To keep fighting for what they believed in so the end result would be some balance in between somewhere.  No one wins if the hospital closes.  It needs to innovate to stay alive.  

• Like 2

@kokodusIt's not I think it's the best drama ever created. It's fine, above average but nothing that makes me go insane. 

But still, normally everything I like even the slightest, you burn it into the ground. 

@nrlleeDid you already finish it?

12 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

nrlleeDid you already finish it?

No I think we’re up to Ep 6 (just finished 5?).  You will know it’s a time jump because the dead Queen and King (?) reappear and you think, “err what?” And then I sort of have to rethink where all the scenes with him and bard fit into the picture (I like their interactions - it’s comic relief - reminds me of Shrek and Donkey :lol:)... and when he met Yennefer??  Which means her original hunchback story would’ve years before again?  :lol:.  It’s like a domino effect.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

@nrlleeOkay? Sounds strange, I hope I will understand it when I'm seeing it. :D 

You will know when you see it.  It’s kinda obvious but it throws everything out of kilter somewhat.  They needed to develop the backstory as to why Geralt and Ciri were destined.  

• Like 1

@nrlleeWell I know about Ciri & Geralt obviously, I also know all the stuff about Ciri & Yennefer aswel and Yennefer & Geralt since the games are about their story. The series is a prequel telling all of their backstories and how they became the badass mage, warrior and so on. 

But I look forward to it, so far it a nice watch before going to bed. 

• partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic