Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

1 minute ago, avondale16 said:

But what is the nj ber now? Been wondering...

Nj ber? Where did you get that?hahaha

+2

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, triplem said:

London!!!! I  am sure you'll read about the usual attractions but some hidden gems:

1. Little Venice...so pretty...( get off  Warwick Avenue Station)

https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/place/401228-little-venice

2. Sky Garden https://skygarden.london/

Some of the best views of the city and just have to pre-book for free entry.

3. And if you only have time for one musical ( and assuming you like ) this is it:https://www.wickedthemusical.co.uk/london

Some more suggestions for London.

Spoiler

Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens (they're adjoining) are the biggest parks in London and the one that all of the tourists go, but my fave is Primrose Hill. It's just north of Regent's Park. There is a cute little village which is actually quite trendy, plus, there is an actual hill with some nice views of London.  Actually, if you have the time to walk through Regent's Park and up to Primrose Hill, that will take about 30-40 minutes, I think, but Regents Park has some really lovely rose gardens, plus a nice tea cafe in the center. The London Zoo is also in Regents Park. And, actually, if you do go to Little Venice, Regents Canal which is why that area is called Little Venice is the same canal which flows just north of Regents Park and through Camden.

Or if you don't have that much time, just go to Camden Town. There, you can see the canal with its houseboats, Camden Market which is trippy fun, and in the evenings, just about every venue has live music or offers dance music. To be fair, I think Islington may be better for indie music in general, but Camden is good fun and a lively crowd, both locals and travelers, and it's cheaper than Islington.

Though if this is your first time in London, you may want to do the more touristy things instead. So, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, and Soho. Theaterland is basically in Leicester Square if you're going to go see Wicked or another musical.

Not sure if you're a department store shopper, but I prefer Liberty to Harrods. Or if you're just into food halls, then check out Fortnum and Mason's. It's a cross between food court and food market and usually an experience, plus the food is pretty good. All of the major department stores have them. Though, the more middle tier stores like John Lewis or Marks and Spencer are mostly sandwiches than proper food halls. Also, Harvey Nick's in Knightsbridge is where the English ladies who lunch go, so lunch there is fun just to check them out. :)

You should have an afternoon tea with the scones, jam, clotted cream along with your tea. You can get them pretty much anywhere, including most of the museums (the British Museum has a nice cafeteria), but if you want an English high tea experience, and have the dosh, you should try the Tea at the Lanesborough. It's in a really lovely atrium, and not as crammed in as the Ritz. All of the London hotels offer an afternoon tea service, though.

Oh, btw, the British Museum has the Rosetta Stone and the Elgin Marbles. If that means anything to you, totally worth a trek. If not, it's a lot of things that the Brits have "excavated" from other countries. Also, a big collection of mummies and sarcophagi, though that is not my thing. The Brits used to have a British Empire that spanned the globe, and they pretty looted...err, excavated everywhere they were.

Oops, this is turning into a novel. I spent some time in London a few years back, and grew to love the city though we had a rocky start. :)

Btw, totally agree with @triplem that Wicked is amazing to watch on the London stage.

8 hours ago, triplem said:

@stroppyse I have seen some cuts of Rebel - KJS was good. He's quite versatile. At least he aint typecast as HSJ who seems to get similar roles. 

I know. HSJ does seem a bit typecast in his roles. KJS seems to have done more of a range of roles, even though most of the roles were supporting rather than lead roles. He was so adorable as the teacher in Sassy Go Go. I think that's probably where I first remember him from. :)

198 (should be correct since I counted from @dotonly 's last number)

edit: tagging @bedifferent to this post since you're the one who is going to London. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, avondale16 said:

Haha. Lol. Edit it already. Is that you in the youtube?

Huh. Haha. No I just shared the video out :) 

+2

• Like 5

1 minute ago, angelangie said:

just had crab last week :D 

I think i gonna have crab during CNY :)

Ehehehe can't wait :)

+2

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

+2

I see a ahjussi is very handsome in black .. and white too. Well I like black more than white on him :wub: ok I need to watch drama rather than lurked a ahjussi..

so I got a new trick to tricked the sickness hahahhaahha. Whenever I feel like I will hueekk.. I eat BANANA :blush: it’s effective to prevent that hueek feelings xixixixixi ^_*

Edited by Sejabin
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

@stroppyse please dont follow my number anymore. Idk what is the correct one. Members often posted at the same time. I always tried to count but...its confusing. Sorry. 

10 minutes ago, dotonly said:

@stroppyse please dont follow my number anymore. Idk what is the correct one. Members often posted at the same time so...its confusing. Sorry.

It's okay....we follow you

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

@triplem What are you doing now?you certainly feels like you are free..You know...wishing that there are cute teachers while you are studying and what not...Haha.

+2

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, sushilicious said:

@triplem What are you doing now?you certainly feels like you are free..You know...wishing that there are cute teachers while you are studying and what not...Haha.

+2

I am doing some mod duties before going out. I have to check through some of the threads that I am moderating. '

Weekends  have a bit more time to come hang out here. 

• Like 4