Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

+2

@TRaNz and the others. Wait you have Mala Pot. In which one meal can cost you 13 to 15 bucks and it could be just a few pieces of meat.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Tell me one typical english street food that isn't from a foreign country! The UK has a reputation for having the worst food in Europe! I have plenty of friends who work in the UK and all of them hate the food there.

If you are a foodie, avoid UK and go the other countries around. 

I never said that they were street food of English origin, just that they can be found in London. For instance, my fave Thai noodles comes from this petite Thai lady in a food tent in Swiss Cottage who is only there on Thursdays and Saturdays. :)  I know this is sacrilege, but I actually prefer them to similar noodles I had while traveling through Thailand. One of the reasons the London food scene is so vibrant is because they unabashedly bring in cuisine from all over the world.

More about eating in London.

Spoiler

There are also plenty of food markets. One of my faves is Borough Market.

http://boroughmarket.org.uk/traders/street-food

Plus, some serious ethnic enclaves with amazing food of their own. Little Eritrea down near Brixton has both Eritrean and Ethiopian. Brick Lane has amazing Bangladeshi food. Good Indian and Pakistani food are now pretty much a staple of the British diet, so can be found in a lot of neighborhoods. There is a small but vibrant Chinatown very near Soho. The Korean food, on the other isn't so great in central London, but a short train ride to New Malden has Korean restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores.  More restaurants various various European cuisine than one could count.

A number of the pubs actually serve gastropub food which is usually a fusion of British and other cultures, and typically lighter than traditional roast meat and 2 veg kind of English meals. I used to hang out here some while I was in London, and they had a good kitchen plus lovely beers on tap and a decent wine selection.

https://www.craft-pubs.co.uk/pembrokelondon

The food halls that I had mentioned before: Fortnum and Mason, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Harrods.

And, that's not even speaking about the restaurants proper, though the restaurant scene changes all the time. There is, of course, a range of food options from utter garbage to sublime, but I think it's been a consensus that the London food scene is pretty top notch now, even though a lot of it is not traditional English fare. I wouldn't even know what to recommend without knowing more of what a person was looking for. There are even some decent traditional English fare, though the fusion English fare is lighter and suits my palate better.

And, then there is the ultimate street food in the UK, the meat pie. I have to admit that this is a cultivated taste, but there are so many varieties now rather than just the Cornish pastie.

http://westcornwallpasty.co.uk/our-menu/pasties

Oh, and there are these street festivals, though mostly in summer. For instance, if one is there on the Queen's Day in late August, the Notting Hill Festival is pretty amazing. Lots of music, dancing, floats, costumes, and some seriously amazing Caribbean food from the various island countries in the Caribbe.

Okay, I'm starting to make myself hungry and miss London at the same time, so I'm going to stop now.

@bedifferent, just tagging you since I thought you might find it interesting to read.

+2

• Like 5

@sushilicious interestinggg... Well these fusion styled Bao's were $22 for 3. LOL.

(taken in Nov `18)

Spoiler

46280360_10157018417141454_4466766932732

46228485_10157018417226454_6813881785932

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

dun, dun, dun!

P.S ~ especially tagging @staygold as you felt bad about missing the guess the kiss event...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@TRaNz

Mala-Xiang-Guo-Ju-3-800x533.jpg

It' spicy food. When purchased they will ask you whether you want small, medium or big spice :)

+2

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Congrats @dotonly ...you are IMMORTAL :D 

@Lmangla Yup , it is pointless.

Spoiler

..I don't have the mood to write. But will have to keep a close look out on the thread. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@triplem Are there special thing that will happen when you hit immortal?

Gosh. I have a long way to go. Road to 10k woohoo!

+2

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

@TRaNz

It' spicy food. When purchased they will ask you whether you want small, medium or big spice :)

+2

okie what food is this!!!! its my fav.....spicy food!!!!!

Mala-Xiang-Guo-Ju-3-800x533.jpg

@triplem 

Spoiler

what thread is that? are they being moody or arguing? i can lend a hand lols :D or what Kdrama is that....i go in with my no nonsense stuff or said something stupid......

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@triplem

Spoiler

it feels like a potential disaster has been averted for now... *keeping fingers crossed* story track should change soon and the villain's fangs will come out again....

• Like 3

@angelangieMala hotpot :)

This one is Xiang Guo. It's the dry version.

+2

• Like 4

@triplem oh, yes thank you.

What will mod do if that thread has poster war?