Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

+2

Gonna say goodbye to two my dramas in two weeks time :) 

• Like 2

Cougar-boytoy relationship...Hm...*opens up the drama dictionary, wearing my glasses and flip through some pages*

??

+2

@cenching

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 minute ago, sushilicious said:

Cougar-boytoy relationship...Hm...*opens up the drama dictionary, wearing my glasses and flip through some pages*

??

+2

@cenching

Older woman-much younger man’s relationship....:naughty:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Lmangla

Beside I have never like to watch a cougar-boytoy’s relationship....:sweatingbullets:

+2

same here; somehow it feels like the girl failed and so had to step down to catch someone from the next generation. :sweatingbullets:... not exactly inspiring but more depressing to me....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Ah. Okay.

*throws the dictionary out of the window*

@cenching

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

+2

Oh boy....talking about ahjumma crush....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

same here; somehow it feels like the girl failed and so had to step down to catch someone from the next generation. :sweatingbullets:... not exactly inspiring but more depressing to me....

It made me feels the woman somehow a predator.....

+2

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

@cenching ~ whereas large age gaps like a thousand years in the goblin, it is not like he has failed love life or a failure in life. he just happen to meet his bride after 1000 years...so not that depressing even if it is super strange... whereas in noona romances, it is always because she is failure in attracting men her own age that she decides to check out the next level... it is never about meeting someone and just liking each other...

and yea, those dramas where the fella is basically in high school, definitely very predator.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

+2

Well...maybe I’m not into romance because I’m a lonely butt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

+2

Well...maybe I’m not into romance because I’m a lonely butt.

sometimes it is because of my mood and romance dramas bore me to tears. would rather watch some daily/weekend/makjang/thriller/detective/legal dramas...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@sushiliciousYa, I'm in charge to say something depressing like this on our family. :D You are going to find a lot of guys. Sigh...I need a lot of teargas to keep them all away from you. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, cenching said:

It made me feels the wiman somehow a predator.....

Perhaps the woman is just happy to be single until the right man came along and he happened to be younger?

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

whereas large age gaps like a thousand years in the goblin, it is not like he has failed love life or a failure in life. he just happen to meet his bride after 1000 years...so not that depressing even if it is super strange... whereas in noona romances, it is always because she is failure in attracting men her own age that she decides to check out the next level...

Goblin and vampire stories like Twilight just creep me out because of the huge age gap, I have to wonder what it is about the innocence of their intended brides that attracts them. It borders too close to pedophilia which really creeps me out, even though I understand that the women will eventually age as well, but they also seem to pick schoolgirls to start with.

Also, the huge age gap is considered romantic when it's the male who is immortal going after the schoolgirl, but if it were a woman going after a schoolboy, she would be a succubus or something. And, that kind of age gap would creep me out as well. It's that schoolgirl/schoolboy thing being so close to pedophilia that is the problem for me.

I'm fine with adult age gaps as long as both parties are fully adults responsible for their own choices, though when it's too extreme, e.g. > 20 years, I think that is just really, really odd.

As for Encounter, the age gap isn't supposed to be that great, maybe 5 years. The male lead is supposed to be in his late 20's since he's already finished college and done his military service and everything, and the female lead is in her early 30's. Plus, despite their difference in ages, and that the female lead is a divorcee, the drama makes the point that the female is also a neophyte when it comes to love since her marriage was arranged and pretty hellish on her.

Sorry to intrude on your conversation. Just jumping in on a little conversation, so hope neither of you mind. :)

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@stroppyseGood morning Honey :joy: Babe is awake. 

Oh don't get me started about french people, french are very special. But germans are perfect aswell to have a fun time with. :D About time you visit Germany again.

Morning, babe! Germany is fun, so is France. Both of them are large countries with very opinionated people. :D

+2

• Like 7

Love is blind. 

• LOL 5

@stroppyse ~ found the goblin story weird and very strange because of the huge age gap. so didn't bother to check it out...  but the difference is that those stories are not presented like he is hitting on this girl because he failed. yea, someone might have broken his heart or he got kicked out of some immortal realm etc... but the romance story still follows them getting to know each other a little more naturally... and yea, have no idea why the brides are often very young...

whereas with noona romances, the story always starts off with failing in her own age gap. no idea why it starts out that way. so the whole time, she is struggling with dating a younger man because he represents her failure in many ways.... so rather than romantic, it just comes across as depressing. there are folks who really love the noona romance but generally, it is not my cup of tea...

• Like 4

@stroppyse

Actually my not so savory opinion about cougar-boytoy’s relationship only applies to drama or film because it doesn’t looks good at all while eye candy is very important part of my drama viewing. 

While in real life I have no right to judge another people’s life....I know a couple whose wife is older by 17 yo another couple the wife is older by 22 yo...It does look cringeworthy on the paper beside the wives look like the mother when they were together but they are very much in love and live happily together, so why not?

+2

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

+2

Well I may not have a boy yet...but at least I got my oppas:sweatingbullets:

@cenching @angelangie

At this point, I’m really annoyed by what I am seeing in the hang out thread. So the girl who cried for help ended up  complaining that the boy hates her. I feel kinda like...we’re being played...Hm...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2