Add and Subtract Game

RayAmbler7

Good Monday morning, everyone. I am on my first cup of coffee! Supplies are running low at home and today's to-do is going to be browsing my local coffee shops to decide who to buy from. I am craving a good espresso-based cup rather than the powdered mix I am making do with currently.

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

actually shipping can be educational in the sense because it can teach you a lot about the kind of romantic dynamics you want for yourself. what are the romantic traits you want? what are the partnership qualities you are looking for? what do you need in a relationship? when people do analysis on ships, it is actually fascinating to read from a relationship perspective and it can be a learning to see others view on dynamics.

so there is my short academic thesis on shipping wars! hahahhahaha....

Wow @Lmangla. This is just wow! I have never thought about the psychology behind shipping before beyond the basic points you started with. Now this wants to make me check the databases if there have been full academic papers on this. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, triplem said:

@superspacewelcome to the land of unending oppa admiration ! This is the best thread - like a bar with all sorts of conversations. 

Gosh ...I just realise so many YYS profile pics here on this thread :joy:

Thank you for the welcome uri moderator! :)

YYS is my older brother -- but seriously my real brother's birthday is the same with YYS (11 April 84). When I found out about that I somehow wish is it possible for my brother be exchanged with YYY.  :lol:

13 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Hahaha, we must be! Definitely not as active but I prefer Kpop to most other type of music so I continue to listen via Spotify. I had a bit of a fangirl resurgence when Produce 101 S2 was airing and I followed Wanna One until they broke up. The only group I actively follow is Day6, I went for their concert last year! I found my old iPod and I was just listening to my 2009-2013 playlists. :D

Me too, I think 70% of my spotify playlist are Kpop/Kdrama ost! Woow I love Day6 songs too and many of my closed Kpop friends are My Day and it is influenced me to listen to them.  For the last 2-3 years, I am more on Korean ballad song and hip hop genre (It is kind of twist because I never like rap song before). My favourite hip hop group is Epik High. Their songs are very deep, poetic and relatable. :wub:

12 hours ago, snowlou said:

@superspace :joy: oh nooo...do i look like a teacher with stick on my hand to you? I havent done the rewatch on ep 2 either...have an exam on Thursday so fitting in 1.5hr drama (plus i have to watch it with high concentration)..is going to be quite challenging. 

what's second gen kpop? Hmmm...why for some reasons i feel that i am older than you two:blink:

+2

No no no, you give me a reason for rewacthing HP! However, I am not very good in wordsso I'm very impressed with others writings. Wow, good luck for your exam!

I think @wallflowersforjane is maybe younger than me. Because my Kpop group are ahjusshi now compare with Day6 and wanna one!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Wow @Lmangla. This is just wow! I have never thought about the psychology behind shipping before beyond the basic points you started with. Now this wants to make me check the databases if there have been full academic papers on this. 

kekeke..... thanks. let me know if there is any actual academic papers, it would be kind of interesting to read. I was never a fan of anything growing up and so joining soompi was my first taste of what fandom feels like and it was kind of strange at first. hahahahah.... you are sort of torn between thinking "this is really immature for your age" and thinking "wow this is so entertaining!" :lol:.. kekeke, I settled into "ah this is all fun, who cares" kind of mode. what really helped was that our ship had a really distinct skeptical flavour where nothing was taken too seriously.

someone early on in the ship said something very insightful -- that every ship has its own personality and they actually don't react the same. she turned out to be spot on. I honestly can say that I learned a lot from watching the variety show 'we got married'. while the show itself may have been dumb, the discussions often were very interesting and insightful in terms of relationship dynamics. it was such a blast discussing them and seeing other people's views on the same episodes. :D

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

After the exchange, introduce me to your brother :joy: Btw warm welcome here...

Hahaha. I think I will be a very possessive sister to my oppa! The competition is very fierce, sister! :D

Thank you for warm welcome too @Ameera Ali :wub:

BTW, love your thesis on shipper @Lmangla!

I am shipper addicted. Currently I am on 2 real couple shipper threads and also on 2 drama shipper threads. I am super busy shipper right?! :sweatingbullets: I also watched WGM since Season 1 until Season 4. Did you watch Heart Signal? It really takes your emotion harder than WGM. I love the concept but at the end I cannot handle the heartbroken from Season 2, that's why I still not watch the Season 3.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Without Viki in my region, I cannot find any online platform in either English or my native language for quality discussion or making snide comments.

yea, thats' the drawback of watching thai lakorns that there is nowhere to comment. plus, they get subbed like months/years after airing which makes it harder to comment...

@superspace ~ thanks. :) is heart signal a variety show? haven't heard of it...

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Oh what is ur ship? I myself also got couple of unsailing ship :lol: Until I forgot which ship I'm boarded.

I think I need to tell my background story before telling my current ship. In order to prevent any misjudgment of my shipper life. :sweatingbullets:

I have watched Kdrama for more than my half age (I started it too early. Haha) and at first I never ship the actor/actress and assume that all are just acting. Even in WGM, when the couple leave the show, I didn't continue to ship them.

However, DOTS is my first exception. I started shipping Song-song couple and luckily it was super sailing until they were married -- and you may know the rest of the story (I support all their decision bcs it's their own life, though). And I thought I will never ship another couple after SSC, but now I am Binjin (Son Yejin-Hyunbin) shipper and LMH-KGE shipper too.  :D

@snowlou aaw, age is just a number, unnie! :D But yes, YYS is much older than me. Hahaha

@Lmangla Yes, it is K-reality show about a group of ordinary people (4 men and 4 women) who will stay in the same house and every night that will send anonymous message (signal) to person that she/he interest to. Every week there is panel who have to guest the love lines. And at the end of the season, they will reveal which couple that have mutual feelings.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, superspace said:

I am shipper addicted. Currently I am on 2 real couple shipper threads and also on 2 drama shipper threads.

1 hour ago, superspace said:

I have watched Kdrama for more than my half age (I started it too early. Haha) and at first I never ship the actor/actress and assume that all are just acting.

Not much of a drama shipper but I know I don't like romantic storylines without logical emotional progression. I only did/do ship 2 drama couples in real life despite being a drama addict for 20 years; you can't help but notice early on that reality and dramaland are quite different. One pair did date but break up, that is, the main leads in QIHM. The other pair... I would rather want to keep it low key for now coz it's somewhat shaky.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, snowlou said:

I just googled 'lakorn' :joy: is it soap opera type of drama in Thai? 

@lynne22 ohayouu.. Hahahha is it normal for you to consume 2 cups of coffee by this time of the day? ;) i dont drink coffee.. I do like the smell though

Hahaha.. Yes.. it is normal :joy: coffeeee is what kept me going hahaha.. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, superspace said:

Thank you for the welcome uri moderator! :)

YYS is my older brother -- but seriously my real brother's birthday is the same with YYS (11 April 84). When I found out about that I somehow wish is it possible for my brother be exchanged with YYY.  

YYS birthday is same as my Dad's actually. 11th April. LOL. Not the same year ofcourse. But all those jokes I made calling him Daddy hits me differently now. Bwahahahahahaha. 

If I'm too obsessed with a particular drama, once it's over I end up shipping the couple in real life too. It happens to me very often. It's just the extension of drama withdrawal where I needed to see more of my precious OTP together. But it lasts only a couple of months before I get addicted to another drama. LOL. Sometimes I feel like these dating rumors are fueled by the actors themselves to promote their drama. LOL. Even the ones that get confirmed, I can't believe them fully. I thought Song song was different because they got married first....but meh...no comments on them. LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

YYS birthday is same as my Dad's actually. 

You got me here. I was like...your dad is YYS' age???:crazy: LOL...but no..just the date of coz. 

I ship couple on the dramas but hardly in the real life coz most of the rom coms i love...the actors or actress are married or already in a relationship such as JJS, Ji Sung..Lee Bo Young. 

21 minutes ago, snowlou said:

I ship couple on the dramas but hardly in the real life coz most of the rom coms i love...the actors or actress are married or already in a relationship such as JJS, Ji Sung..Lee Bo Young. 

Exactly opposite for me. The last couple I shipped were practically kids. Dylan Wang and Shen Yue from Meteor garden. Hahahaha. But they were really cute together in the BTS and even long after the drama ended they were doing lot of promotional stuff and variety shows together, so it was really fun shipping them. We always got some new content every other day. Haha. That shipping phase lasted for about 4 months for me. LOL. 

As for YYS I ship him with myself. Hahahaha. 

• LOL 5

3 hours ago, superspace said:

Me too, I think 70% of my spotify playlist are Kpop/Kdrama ost! Woow I love Day6 songs too and many of my closed Kpop friends are My Day and it is influenced me to listen to them.  For the last 2-3 years, I am more on Korean ballad song and hip hop genre (It is kind of twist because I never like rap song before). My favourite hip hop group is Epik High. Their songs are very deep, poetic and relatable

You have good friends! Haha! I started getting more into K-hip hop and r&b last year through my friend. When we went to Korea last year, she brought me along to a hip hop festival. So cool to see Crush, Dean and Zico live! They are so good! 

3 hours ago, superspace said:

I think @wallflowersforjane is maybe younger than me. Because my Kpop group are ahjusshi now compare with Day6 and wanna one!  :lol:

Ahaha, I doubt by much, if any. I feel like I am in between you and @snowlou.

Wanna One is an outlier because of P101. And I like them because they all seem like nice and hardworking boys. Kpop Ahjussi like Shinhwa? Haha!

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke..... thanks. let me know if there is any actual academic papers, it would be kind of interesting to read. I was never a fan of anything growing up and so joining soompi was my first taste of what fandom feels like and it was kind of strange at first. hahahahah.... you are sort of torn between thinking "this is really immature for your age" and thinking "wow this is so entertaining!" :lol:.. kekeke, I settled into "ah this is all fun, who cares" kind of mode. what really helped was that our ship had a really distinct skeptical flavour where nothing was taken too seriously.

someone early on in the ship said something very insightful -- that every ship has its own personality and they actually don't react the same. she turned out to be spot on. I honestly can say that I learned a lot from watching the variety show 'we got married'. while the show itself may have been dumb, the discussions often were very interesting and insightful in terms of relationship dynamics. it was such a blast discussing them and seeing other people's views on the same episodes. :D

Okay, I will share if I find any!

Oh gosh, your bolded words was what I was feeling a few weeks ago when I finally decided to write my first post here. But its been super fun, especially meeting y'all here on this thread. :wub:

Which was your WGM ship? I only watched the early years of the show but it went on till quite recently right?

I love to ship as well! But low-key ship by myself in my own room kind. Can I say it's getting more difficult day by day to not ship YYS and SHB. I am like trying very hard but all the twitter threads isn't helping!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, kokodus said:

As for YYS I ship him with myself. Hahahaha. 

16 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Can I say it's getting more difficult day by day to not ship YYS and SHB. I am like trying very hard but all the twitter threads isn't helping!

@wallflowersforjane can you not ship YYs with uri @kokodus ?:joy: what happen if you start twitting about this YYS-koko ship? I wonder what ppl's responses will be like

• partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic