Add and Subtract Game

RayAmbler7

@snowlou Glad to hear that things are going in the right direction anyway and that you guys can start getting back to some kind of sense of "normality". :kiss_wink: Are you guys allowed to travel within Australia? If you want to get some sun, are you allowed to go to Brisbane or Cairns? 

I have a lot of business trips normally, so that's why I fly a lot (sometimes even multiple times per week). It's been kind of nice not to travel during this pandemic as it's quite tiring to travel.

@im0202 lol -  Love your recruitment tactic to Team Subtract. :kiss_wink::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@partyon honestly i'm not so up to date about what is already being allowed or still being restricted..and what more..each state might have different rules too:mellow: i think interstate travelling is allowed for victorians..but i heard queensland is still not opening its border so we cant go there yet. I love going on the airplane and airport:wub: hahahahahhaha....i m not covering up anything..i just said..ik...ik...ik...ik now what you did in Hawaii~~

19 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

:open_mouth:FOE thread..hm..drama starting in July...388 replies already huh..:huh:

Yup, the Flower of Evil thread is already like 20 pages, before it has even started airing. I assume it's because of the interesting plot / story line?

(Or is it because of Lee Joon Gi? Didn't realize he was so popular...)

@Lmangla Watched the first episode of the Thai drama My Husband in Law and I actually think that you might enjoy it. Lots of slapping going on and a bit similar to Fated to Love You. :joy:

Haven't watched many Thai dramas before, but this one takes the cake with regard depicting a bad husband. Seldom have I seen such an abusive husband as this one (he's like the 2nd or 3rd lead). Are violent men common in Thai dramas?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@superspace welcome to this thread!!! we talk about anything and everything here. LOL. I found soompi during Reply 1988, i dont usually participate much in the drama threads, i just share my thoughts here but for HP, i couldnt resist. hehehe.

Yes, I am still skimming this whole thread and wow the topic is quite random and fun! :D

26 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Hi @superspace !! Another familiar name hehe. Welcome! Would you like to join Team Subtract? We give free cookies! :cookie:

Did you recently change your DP by any chance? Hmm...:D

Yes, glad to meet familiar names here! My previous DP is Gong Yoo (If you didn't know him, he is my first husband -- wait my no 1 husband :D). But after HP, my heart has been stolen by a Pediatric surgeon!

Thank you for the welcome @snowlou! Meeting you remind me of my homework on rewatch party!  Hahaha

13 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Fellow second-gen kpop fan! Are you still into it? I still listen, but mainly find songs via Spotify playlists. 

Aigoo, you must be able to estimate my age, chinggu! I am still listening to Kpop song but not very active like I was in years before (news stalking, came to concerts). My favourite boybands are either disband or takes hiatus (military enlishment), married or just being old together with me. LOL! How about you?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Personally I find it interesting that people can get so emotionally invested in a couple they start fighting about it with others. I've seen it happen in many threads over the years.

kekekke... I find it fascinating too. here's my observation and learning from watching 'we got married':

~ shipping is actually quite personal for various reasons. it isn't just about liking one couple. in some deep unconscious self, we tend to aggregate towards couples where:

1. we want that kind of dynamic for ourselves!

2. we see ourselves personality trait wise in one of the leads or both

3. we are familiar with that kind of dynamic in our own relationship

4. the lead may be very similar to the significant other in real life.

the reason that people get so personal and have shipping wars because it feels like a rejection of self where people feel like their style of romance and person they are drawn to in real life gets criticized. for example, if one half of the lead is shy for example, people who are quieter would find that coupling rather sweet. however, if you are not shy yourself, you may be super bored and start saying this couple is a bore. then the person who is shy sees it as an attack on shy people per se unconsciously and goes into defense mode. this is basically the psychology behind shipping wars though most people don't realize it. it is why they get super defensive and try to bring up evidence on why one coupling is more superior and get upset when others don't see the chemistry. shipping in some sense is an extension of our romantic hope and feelings.

whenever I am on a thread that starts to have grenades and first shots thrown, I try to remind folks that:

1. no ship is superior over another; it simply means you prefer a certain romantic dynamic and drawn to certain personalities.

2. we have no control over the writer and ultimately, it is just about enjoying a drama together...

actually shipping can be educational in the sense because it can teach you a lot about the kind of romantic dynamics you want for yourself. what are the romantic traits you want? what are the partnership qualities you are looking for? what do you need in a relationship? when people do analysis on ships, it is actually fascinating to read from a relationship perspective and it can be a learning to see others view on dynamics.

so there is my short academic thesis on shipping wars! hahahhahaha....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

8 minutes ago, superspace said:

Aigoo, you must be able to estimate my age, chinggu! I am still listening to Kpop song but not very active like I was in years before (news stalking, came to concerts). My favourite boybands are either disband or takes hiatus (military enlishment), married or just being old together with me. LOL! How about you?

Hahaha, we must be! Definitely not as active but I prefer Kpop to most other type of music so I continue to listen via Spotify. I had a bit of a fangirl resurgence when Produce 101 S2 was airing and I followed Wanna One until they broke up. The only group I actively follow is Day6, I went for their concert last year! I found my old iPod and I was just listening to my 2009-2013 playlists. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla Watched the first episode of the Thai drama My Husband in Law and I actually think that you might enjoy it. Lots of slapping going on and a bit similar to Fated to Love You.

kekkee... I might check it out later. I usually randomly stumble on lakorns based on the MVs. lol.

like this one: waah, the moon dance!

loved they used period style music (lakorn was supposed to set in 50s/60s) and so this song really sets that kind of mood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@superspace :joy: oh nooo...do i look like a teacher with stick on my hand to you? I havent done the rewatch on ep 2 either...have an exam on Thursday so fitting in 1.5hr drama (plus i have to watch it with high concentration)..is going to be quite challenging. 

@superspace @wallflowersforjane what's second gen kpop? Hmmm...why for some reasons i feel that i am older than you two:blink:

+2

4 minutes ago, snowlou said:

@superspace @wallflowersforjane what's second gen kpop? Hmmm...why for some reasons i feel that i am older than you two:blink:

Second generation kpop is the kpop that was popular around 2008-2012+. This was when groups like Girls Generation, 2NE1, Big Bang, Shinee, Super Junior etc. were super popular. :)

Not sure what generation we're at right now because I don't follow kpop. :D

@Lmangla Will keep you posted about My Husband in Law. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Man, what is up with HP main thread again these days. I thought it was all over. :(

All i can say is I have 2 more years :lol:...from a moderating perspective, that’s like an eternity. 

@im0202 @snowlou if non-shippers troll the shippers thread , report it.

@Lawyerh SF1 - I forgot that detail . But there was always this unspoken trust btwn them? Hv you seen my sleazy oppa yet ? 

@jeijei @staygold  I am at eps 26 of Love Designer. Had to FF the second romance. I only love the main pair . The kisses & skinship are fab. Very natural . Sometimes I feel K dramas hv a long way to go because it is all so set up . 

• partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic