It was quite thrilling. Kinda dark

(for me).

In what way Dark?:ph34r:

+2

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

In what way Dark?:ph34r:

+2

Theres some comments that said it kinda similar (just a little bit) to Desperate Housewives. Not your drama type.

@bedifferent AHAHAHA, not a chance...i mean there was like 2 pieces of carrot, some kale and onions....bout it. Oh we also had a side of Pomme Frittes. hAHAHAHA

We will have to touch base again when you do go, just to make sure the list is still 'valid'. :blush:

@mouse007 , nah i haven't been there yet. Not much of a traveler. We have something similar to that hear at a large market in the city. Pretty dangerous....dangerous because you eat so much that you then decide you need to sit down to eat some more...but then you cant get back up. Happened on few occasions.

We just kept eating from different stalls as its different cuisines and we wanted to try them all. Got to a point where we were like, nah lets sit down  for a bit and eat slower....did this a few times in one nite until we struggled to walk back to our cars. HAHAHAHA

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, triplem said:
9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

feel like I'm banging my head against the wall. ugh. why don't people see a drama within the context of a genre? <_<

Urggh I know ... I just got off the thread ..

Reveal hidden contents

yea, I was tempted to write another post but it seems pointless. they are determined to ship her with a psycho and seem to think he is morally gray. what can you say to that? *banging head on desk* so rather I will let them watch the drama and have their ship gloriously burn. this is the writer's style where the villain feels the pang of love before the lead starts twisting the knife in little by little.... but yea, I just couldn't hold it in any longer and typed off my lectures yesterday as it felt like we were on a tip of a shipping war which is really really really ridiculous considering the genre. not that it made any difference. :unsure:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Like 3

@TRaNz I know what you mean. I’ve over eaten on a few occasions myself and it’s not fun once you’re too full. Lol but I understand what it is like to just want to try everything. I go crazy at festivals because I cannot decide what to eat first. I know I cannot eat everything so it’s a matter of prioritizing the food. Hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@mouse007 I also notice the price of items at these festivals go up quite a bit every year. I know its a rare occasion event thing, but also a bit of a turn away. It can help in deciding on what to NOT eat. hahaha.

• Like 3

@TRaNz it’s the same here! They go up by $1 every year it seems and it really does turn me off. I mean part of the draw of going to food festivals is that you get good food for cheap. It adds up pretty quickly too! $3 here, $3 over there and before you know it you’ve spent close to $100 on street food!

• Like 3

@mouse007 yeah, especially with the fusion style foods, like its entree size and all, maybe 2 or 3 in a serving. But when you hit the bracket above $16 , gotta choose carefully as some items down here in Aust at the festivals hit up to $26....or have no self control and just throw that money at them pointing at multiple items on the menu with a grin.....**am guilty of this**

• Like 3

+2

@TRaNz and the others. Wait you have Mala Pot. In which one meal can cost you 13 to 15 bucks and it could be just a few pieces of meat.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Tell me one typical english street food that isn't from a foreign country! The UK has a reputation for having the worst food in Europe! I have plenty of friends who work in the UK and all of them hate the food there.

If you are a foodie, avoid UK and go the other countries around. 

I never said that they were street food of English origin, just that they can be found in London. For instance, my fave Thai noodles comes from this petite Thai lady in a food tent in Swiss Cottage who is only there on Thursdays and Saturdays. :)  I know this is sacrilege, but I actually prefer them to similar noodles I had while traveling through Thailand. One of the reasons the London food scene is so vibrant is because they unabashedly bring in cuisine from all over the world.

More about eating in London.

Spoiler

There are also plenty of food markets. One of my faves is Borough Market.

http://boroughmarket.org.uk/traders/street-food

Plus, some serious ethnic enclaves with amazing food of their own. Little Eritrea down near Brixton has both Eritrean and Ethiopian. Brick Lane has amazing Bangladeshi food. Good Indian and Pakistani food are now pretty much a staple of the British diet, so can be found in a lot of neighborhoods. There is a small but vibrant Chinatown very near Soho. The Korean food, on the other isn't so great in central London, but a short train ride to New Malden has Korean restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores.  More restaurants various various European cuisine than one could count.

A number of the pubs actually serve gastropub food which is usually a fusion of British and other cultures, and typically lighter than traditional roast meat and 2 veg kind of English meals. I used to hang out here some while I was in London, and they had a good kitchen plus lovely beers on tap and a decent wine selection.

https://www.craft-pubs.co.uk/pembrokelondon

The food halls that I had mentioned before: Fortnum and Mason, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Harrods.

And, that's not even speaking about the restaurants proper, though the restaurant scene changes all the time. There is, of course, a range of food options from utter garbage to sublime, but I think it's been a consensus that the London food scene is pretty top notch now, even though a lot of it is not traditional English fare. I wouldn't even know what to recommend without knowing more of what a person was looking for. There are even some decent traditional English fare, though the fusion English fare is lighter and suits my palate better.

And, then there is the ultimate street food in the UK, the meat pie. I have to admit that this is a cultivated taste, but there are so many varieties now rather than just the Cornish pastie.

http://westcornwallpasty.co.uk/our-menu/pasties

Oh, and there are these street festivals, though mostly in summer. For instance, if one is there on the Queen's Day in late August, the Notting Hill Festival is pretty amazing. Lots of music, dancing, floats, costumes, and some seriously amazing Caribbean food from the various island countries in the Caribbe.

Okay, I'm starting to make myself hungry and miss London at the same time, so I'm going to stop now.

@bedifferent, just tagging you since I thought you might find it interesting to read.

+2

• Like 5

@sushilicious interestinggg... Well these fusion styled Bao's were $22 for 3. LOL.

(taken in Nov `18)

Spoiler

46280360_10157018417141454_4466766932732

46228485_10157018417226454_6813881785932

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@TRaNz

Mala-Xiang-Guo-Ju-3-800x533.jpg

It' spicy food. When purchased they will ask you whether you want small, medium or big spice :)

+2

• Like 4
  • LOL 1