Add and Subtract Game

Admin

6 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

TWOM @Sejabin

The cheating analogy

So I have this rice cooker which has served me well for 17 years and never break down. Recently I went to the shop and found all the new rice cooker with better visual and more function added. So I imagining, how if I buy this new rice cooker, my kitchen would look more beautiful too.

In a way, I can understand Tae Oh affair :joy: But the difference between me & him is I didn't pledge vow life & death to my rice cooker.

Having said all that, should I buy new rice cooker or not? :mrgreen:

@Lawyerh  Wow !!! 17 years !!!   I have to replace my rice cooker every 2-3 years.  Which brand do you use?  

• LOL 4

9 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Hey hey hallo bestilll.. its Toyomi brand :joy: I want to replace with red color Toyomi, but @000231846597 make a very good argument about the durability of newer version. 

In the end, I think I will stay with my 17 yrs love affair and ignore my crush above :astonished:

@Sejabin I only loyal with my rice cooker. Didn't you see me changing oppa almost weekly or even daily I think, I lost track? :joy:

+2

Thanks @Lawyerh.   I have to say ... 17 years is a long time.  even longer than some marriages  :lol:

• LOL 6

Good morning peeps!

I was going to start Rugal but then read the reviews and glad i didnt start it. 

Oh Benedict Cumberbatch:wub: a fine actor he is! Still waiting for his sherlock holmes season 5. 

11 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Hey hey hallo bestilll.. its Toyomi brand :joy: I want to replace with red color Toyomi, but @000231846597 make a very good argument about the durability of newer version. 

In the end, I think I will stay with my 17 yrs love affair and ignore my crush above 

can see why you have a crush; that's a good looking rice cooker. with older electronics, sometimes, it can short circuit suddenly when there's a surge or the wiring comes apart. this has been our experience. so for safety reason, we swapped them (after a certain point like 10-15 years) even though it was still working fine. I would also check to see if the coating of the inside still looks okay. usually, they say that if the pot is losing the coating, then it may be time to change even if it looks and cooks fine.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2

@Lawyerh ~ nothing lasts forever; so if you want to switch and have the money, go ahead! if it makes you feel bad, then wait for some event like festival or birthday this year to buy and say that it is a gift to yourself! ^_^

• LOL 3

33 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

if it makes you feel bad, then wait for some event like festival or birthday this year to buy and say that it is a gift to yourself! ^_^

So true! That's what we do here.. especially when we want to buy something 'expensive'. oh..let's get TV for your birthday this year, let's get computer for anniversary,..for mother's day..for father's day. So many days to have excuses:D We can even do 'advance' gifting for celebration next year :P 

3 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Lol I'm a bit lost with the Benedict.. the only benedict I know is this....

TBH, I like your Benedict better than the Cucumberbatch one... :joy:

Anyway, I wouldn't throw out a gadget if it's still working after 17 years. The only reason would be if there were some issues with it that would make it dangerous to use (short circuit) or unsanitary. The new gadgets break down so quickly nowadays.

I say, go with your old trusted friend until it breaks down. :kiss_wink:

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, snowlou said:

Anyone using duolingo? Great app. Currently using it to learn korean

Language Apps didn't work for me. I prefer the traditional approach of taking small-size class lessons and studying textbooks. I am not a keen Korean learner though....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

Language Apps didn't work for me. I prefer the traditional approach of taking small-size class lessons and studying textbooks. I am not a keen Korean learner though....

Honestly, I like books too and that's how I learnt another language. But since libraries are close atm, can't get my hands on physical books and this app is free plus a great way of spending time at home (learning another language) ..so I gave it a go and i'm liking it so far (though i think it's lacking in explaining grammar and way of pronouncing). It's free though..i shouldn't complain :P What kind of think do you keen on learning? 

@Lawyerh just buy a new one and keep the old one :D that Toyomi brand rice cooker does look very nice (but for me at this point of time, anything but my rice cooker looks nicer..my rice cooker only has one function...click and it cooks rice, nothing more nothing less LOL)

+2

44 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@cenching are you watching Old School Intern?  I am in 2 minds.  Not sure I am in the mood for comedy?  I may give it a go for PHJ’s sake.

I will watch, premier next week.....I am in the mood for comedy, totally....:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, cenching said:

I will watch, premier next week.....I am in the mood for comedy, totally....:joy:

Okay I will see if I can carve out time to watch too. See you in the thread. :)

@snowlou Secret Forest 2!!  See you in then :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@partyon ~ ooh, am getting impressed with this turkish version of secret. better characterization and the girl isn't that stupid. initially, she protects her prosecutor boyfriend out of love and believing his stupid lie that it will be just a misdemeanor and she won't get a record. rather than volunteering to tell the lie, it happens accidentally as she didn't want him to get the insurance claim. later she is convinced by him to continue the lie at the police station. even when he betrays her by giving her a sentence of 8 years (yea, he was the prosecutor, lying snake), she believes his lie that it will be year and he will see to it that she gets out. instead, her uncle (a friend of her father) is the one to do it but she thinks for a while it is her prosecutor boyfriend. meanwhile, he is also cheating on her with the girl's lawyer. yea, he never had any intention of marrying the female lead and was actually trying to figure out how to dump her right before the accident.

anyway, a whole bunch of stuff happens and you keep thinking "stupid girl, just tell the truth"; you are wondering what is wrong with this girl who is still sticking to her promise even though she broke up with the snake -- it turns out that it isn't just about her promise and her code of honour. she is basically now afraid of her ex and does not trust him. she feels this fellow will go to any extent to cover up the truth. so there is a real fear element to her actions. plus she thinks the male lead is a bit psychotic and does not think he can handle the truth even though he more or less guesses and is relentless in his pursuit of justice.

am liking that the interpretation makes her less of a doormat and more about unsure what she is to do in such strange circumstances. the guy is also less psycho and more about just wanting justice, clarity and the ability to let go.

• Like 1
  • Love 2