Add and Subtract Game

Admin

15 hours ago, kokodus said:

@Lawyerh Same situation here. Today's ep was soooooo good. Left and right Wintergarden moments. I screamed a lot. Hahaha. I think we are going in the right direction. 

:lol: Meanwhile, in other news, lone FlowerGardener here is also beaming with the number of couple scenes writer Nim finally gave us.  My cup runneth over.  I am happy and will wait for more in S2 and S3.

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols i dont have netflix :x, im stingy anything that i need to pay i wont :D hahahaha

You don't have Netflix? :w00t: What do you have then? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I finished The Victim’s Game. Not a bad watch, but not good enough for me to go around recommending left and right for people to watch. Somehow there is a missing umph! factor which I don’t exactly know what.

I agree that it isn't a show I would watch again, but I liked how realistically they depicted the ML's Asperger syndrome and the emotional aspects of the drama. It wasn't as polished as some thrillers from other countries, but all in all I enjoyed it. :)

Are you watching the Sperm Drama?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nrllee said:

:lol: Meanwhile, in other news, lone FlowerGardener here is also beaming with the number of couple scenes writer Nim finally gave us.  My cup runneth over.  I am happy and will wait for more in S2 and S3.

I'm getting more and more convinced that Flowergarden is not a possibility. You guys were like "Mama Rosa is on our side", but look now, she doesn't care that it's not Songhwa. LOL. I don't expect you guys to give up yet, I actually will lose respect if you already gave up. Hahahaha. You can't abandon the ship midway, that would be betrayal. 

• LOL 3

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'm getting more and more convinced that Flowergarden is not a possibility. You guys were like "Mama Rosa is on our side", but look now, she doesn't care that it's not Songhwa. LOL. I don't expect you guys to give up yet, I actually will lose respect if you already gave up. Hahahaha. You can't abandon the ship midway, that would be betrayal.

Ain’t over till fat lady sings.  Mama Rosa still said SHwa is her first choice though? So yes she is still on our side.  And if Andrea had to pick between SHwa and Winter, who would he pick I wonder?  :lol:

Keep the faith (on your respective ship).  I know I am content in our little boat.  We are few but we are mighty.  :lol:

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

.  And if Andrea had to pick between SHwa and Winter, who would he pick I wonder?  :lol:

Long winter ofcourse. Lol. If he had to pick song hwa, he would have done it like 20 years ago, don't you think?

• LOL 2

10 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Long winter ofcourse. Lol. If he had to pick song hwa, he would have done it like 20 years ago, don't you think?

Better late than never. Like Ju and Rosa :wub:.  He’s been waiting... writers love this waiting for your one true love trope.  20 years is kinda excessive but hey it’ll be all the sweeter for the wait.  Patience is a virtue.  :lol:  No for me last night was more than enough to last me for another 2 seasons.  I am thankful. I will calmly paddle my boat and keep paddling.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, nrllee said:

.  He’s been waiting...

My only question is why? Why is he waiting? I can actually buy the fact that Songhwa's first crush is Andrea, but definitely not the other way around after watching this ep. Plus there is no hint or whatsoever that Rosa and Ju have romantic feelings for them. Their relationship looks as platonic as one can have. LOL. That's why I was actually concerned that IKjun and Songhwa scenes are mirroring their scenes. I hope it's not true. I would be happy that if they really mirrors JWon and SHwa, it means they will only be friends forever. Hahahaha. 

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, triplem said:

But I think no one at this moment is looking for a relationship. So I think she should use scientific analysis to see who's got the best genetics. The issue is who’s going to be willing to do a donation ? :joy:

Young sperm is always easiest to get a donation from.... You know how it is at that age.... :joy:

Umph! is a great word because it has a lot of different meanings and can be used in various contexts. Let's take a look at a few examples...:grin:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgLmGybB5DCv-ZY7C29rq

Spoiler

200.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzrjxkW27rnPKHGXi3A9P

umph.jpg

• LOL 1

11 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@kokodus is the Cilantro in HP GoSu meet up Oppa’s past drama reference?  It just seemed rather random?   I know Daddy Long Legs (aside from the book) is a reference to YYS in Warm and Cozy.  

I have no idea actually. I can't remember any cilantro reference in his previous dramas I have watched. Maybe @triplem will know. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

@kokodus is the Cilantro in HP GoSu meet up Oppa’s past drama reference?  It just seemed rather random?   I know Daddy Long Legs (aside from the book) is a reference to YYS in Warm and Cozy.  

@kokodus @triplem @nrllee

It’s not a past drama reference haha just a double-meaning word... 

‘Gosu’ can mean an expert in something or just coriander/cilantro. So at first JunWan thought Iksun was asking him to meet some club of people who are experts in combat or something lol :lol:

• Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, triplem said:

What kind of hype are we talking about? I was curious about this ...so I googled...:w00t:

Not my definition , okay...it was from here https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Umph

Reveal hidden contents

stated to express one's horniness or excitement, usually over the opposite sex

Ooopss :P 

+2

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

By the way , any Japanese dramas to recommend that is available on Netflix? With some romance if possible. My mum wants to check some out. 
So my mum has completed the following phases on netflix

1. Park Seo Joon

2. Ji Chang Wook

Currently on Hyun Bin - she's watched CLOY, Memories of Alhambra...now Secret Garden.

By the end of all this I think she'd watch more dramas than me ....that day she said to me - I finally know why you love your k dramas so much :lol:

Gotta love your mom! :D

Japanese dramas are not too focused on romance normally, so it might be a bit difficult to find one on Netflix. I did enjoy, though, a non-romance drama on Netflix called Erased. It is very well done and really hits all the sweet spots when it comes to eliciting emotions in the viewer. Also, the cinematography is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It's not too sci-fi, even though it does have a time traveling component in it.

I would normally not start a drama based on this kind of synopsis, but for some reason I picked it up and loved it! ^_^

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Thanks @partyon..I'll let her know. To my mum's credit..she watches all sorts .

@Lawyerh she wants to check out the J dramas to see if the actors are as handsome :lol:...heh shallowness runs in my family.

lol :D Well, Erased is definitely not everyone's cup of tea (due to its time-travel component)

"29 year old Satoru Fujinuma is sent back in time 18 years to prevent the events leading to his mother's death, which began with a series of kidnappings in his 5th grade year."

But it deals with growth and looking at and dealing with the world from a child's perspective. Even as an "ahjumma" <sigh>, I was surprised of how much I enjoyed this 12-episode drama. It is very well made, the cinematography really matched the mood and the child actors were amazing! It was a roller coaster of emotions too.

If your mom is looking for a hot Japanese actor, I think she should look elsewhere.... :D I just watched a Japanese thriller called My Dangerous Wife and the lead actor is pretty good looking in my opinion. That's not on Netflix though.

a8189e50a31a58c0d18759ccf9a886a1e6cb696b

How about Taiwanese dramas? There are some VERY good looking actors in Taiwanese dramas.....:wub: (I would argue that many of them are even hotter than a lot of Korean actors... <gasp>) :D

• Love 2

6 hours ago, triplem said:

By the way , any Japanese dramas to recommend that is available on Netflix? With some romance if possible. My mum wants to check some out.

There are not so many Jdramas available on netflix in my region.... I would recommend watching Good Morning Call, which has a Mischievous Kiss/ It Started with a Kiss vibe to it. One of my top favorites was the Doctor X series [the first 3 seasons], but it seems not what your mom's preference is. I think your mom may also check out the other Kdramas too, like Live up to your name, Dr.Heo.

29 minutes ago, partyon said:

How about Taiwanese dramas? There are some VERY good looking actors in Taiwanese dramas.....:wub: (I would argue that many of them are even hotter than a lot of Korean actors... <gasp>) :D

Actually TW actors are more my type of guy than Korean oppas, but unfortunately the TW dramas are mostly kinda lacking in terms of storytelling. The most recent drama that I like was Back To 1989, which is available on Viki with English subs, and Vidol with Chinese subs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

Actually TW actors are more my type of guy than Korean oppas, but unfortunately the TW dramas are mostly kinda lacking in terms of storytelling. The most recent drama that I like was Back To 1989, which is available on Viki with English subs, and Vidol with Chinese subs.

I feel like Taiwanese dramas were better >10 years ago than they are today ?!? Who can forget classics like Fated to Love You, Autumn's Concerto, Down With Love, In Time With You, etc. :)

Below pics of some TW actor "oppas".... :kiss_wink:

Spoiler

2387051603_79924f5db9.jpg

Mike He

452d6f068dac0b00583ae7ae3943fde6.gif

Aaron Yan

45dfac4ad11541328f9de7ec754a2d63.jpeg?x=

Roy Chiu

Spoiler

61f+S-3UwEL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Wallace Huo

o_cXFnBBkVbbq_VHR93V2EZMfbUBbOe3tEYRGhOD

Jiro Wang

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

About Go Joon

@triplem Good idea to take the discussion into this thread... :D

Spoiler

His inexperience really shines through in Oh My Baby. Well, he is still quite new as an actor, so he always has the chance to improve. We'll see how it goes. How was his acting in Fiery Priest and Misty?

Maybe that's why they cast Jang Nara in both V.I.P. and Oh My Baby? Her emotional acting is superb, and she's more than capable to carry the emotional part by herself.

She constantly surprises me with her acting. We're used to seeing her as a sweetheart, and then she comes out in The Last Empress and  BAM

out comes the angry woman who wants revenge!

I was like.... whoa.... GIRL KNOWS HOW TO ACT! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@triplem ~ I no longer have netflix but when we did, here's what I watched and really enjoyed. maybe your mom would enjoy them as well?

kara para ask - turkish drama. meets your criteria as guy is hot and he can act! tall, bearded, impulsive and righteous. waaaah. and the baddies will make you want to curse them and there's some anti-hero romance there where you aren't sure if you want to root for the two or hope they break up. but it is 160 episodes (30 minutes breakup...)

zindagi gulzar hai -- urdu drama. guy is hot and it has got some really great writing enough to make you wish that you could pick up the original novel and read. really well-written and very interesting leads. not at all typical and looks at some interesting issues for women. some of it is cultural but you can still relate even if from somewhere else. and guy is very magnetic. there is no kiss or abs but the chemistry is electrifying even with a glance and heated arguments. you know it has got the romance quotient when it mesmerized @kokodus as well...

five children -- this one is on youtube on KBS world. am assuming you have youtube on tv as well. if you do, check it out. one of the best weekend dramas. wholesome, romantic, funny, sweet and very family driven. you got 3 romances with different dynamics and oppas to fit all age ranges.

my mom LOVED zindagi gulzar hai and five children -- enough that she kept telling her sisters to watch!

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1