Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@staygold I binged watch Someday or One Day and it's really good. It's like this big puzzle and each episode is a piece. I would say I didn't foresee the ending. Highly recommend it. I'm considering starting Find me in your Memory and Falling for Innocence.

@JC's Lingxi @ktcjdrama This week's episodes of The Eternal Monarch got me wanting to see more! What did you guys think of it?

Anyone else here baking a lot more during quarantine?

• Love 2

5 hours ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla lol with the slaps, backstabbing :DMiss Scarlet and the Duke sounds pretty interesting. How are you finding the age gap between the leads in Find Me in Your Memory?

how do I put this -- the real life age gap between the actors actually works in the favour of the drama. so character wise, there seems to be at least 5-7 year age gap. can't remember how many exactly but the actors are doing a great job selling their characters. rather than age, you feel it is the character's outlook and temperament that influences how they look. it also really helps that that the girl lead is cheerful but actually mature. sometimes, these characters act like a 13 year old girl and you are like "what?!" here, she is cheerful but she is resilient and there is a quiet kind of maturity. so when you put the two of them together, you can feel how they match even though they are so emotionally different. also liked that initially there were other characters who find this coupling odd because these two are so different emotionally. am finding the romance here very squeal worthy because I find it driven by emotional intimacy instead of physical attraction. so you don't see the age gap at all if that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, triplem said:

I don't  find it slow paced though because a lot is revealed in the 1st episode...The storytelling is  good and has  depth as far as I can see. The scenes pan btwn their present and their past. The two sets of actors they used to play the younger  (college age ) and older versions ( in their 40s)  match well. The older pair especially ( LBY and YJT) are just lovely in all their scenes.  Maybe you can try and see. 

O good to hear that it’s worth a watch.  I like the leads.  Even the guy Park JinYoung who plays YJT’s younger self is good.  So I can imagine a real angsty melo.  Not sure if I can start now.  I need to finish A Piece of Your Mind first (ends this week).  But I also recently started on Eternal Monarch (still find LMH underwhelming when it comes to delivery but I like his character in the drama.  When he spouts mathematical theorems, I remain unconvinced that he understands what he’s saying :lol:).  

@partyon I liked The Lies Within but “ewww” factor was pretty high on the gore scale. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

anyone gaining weight due to MCO? :D 

I lost 2 kgs :joy:. Also i don't snack when I am all caught up doing work on my pc. Plus I think I am more busy...housework ! 

@nrllee I am in love....so good. I have completed both the episodes of When My Love Blooms. The cast is great..and Yoo Ji Tae , as always , is one hot ahjussi ...

6 minutes ago, angelangie said:

same i lost 2 kgs however i do snacks lols......my thoughts were because im eating my mom cooking so maybe it is more healthy than eating out

That is possible too. Maybe I also don't eat out much, I used to love eating out coming to think of it. Though I still call for food especially for lunch . Outside food actually has too much of MSG etc 

@Lawyerh That's the whole show. LOL. They cook food and serve customers, that's it, but the guest stars they had were all amazing. Nam Joo Hyuk, EXO sehun, Yoon ho, etc and I lol-ed whenever a new guest comes they send him straight to do dishes. Haha. The setting and the atmosphere was really calm and soothing to watch. As they go on, they introduce more items on the menu. I just remember in one ep, so many customers come all at once, YYS gets sooooo overwhelmed and starts crying. LOL. Poor oppa. 

• Like 1

+2

23 hours ago, triplem said:

It was crazy busy today , but I highly recommend When My Love Blooms ! 

I agree. The drama is fantastic. Seeing two outstanding actors is such a wonderful pleasure. LBY never disappoints. Beautiful and probably the best actress I can imagine.

Totally into the story after just two episodes. Can't wait for next week to see more. 

Sigh.....it is always LBY who gets me out of drama slumber. Last Year Mother, now this.

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

how do I put this -- the real life age gap between the actors actually works in the favour of the drama. so character wise, there seems to be at least 5-7 year age gap. can't remember how many exactly but the actors are doing a great job selling their characters.

Cool! The age gap was one of the things that has kept me from watching this.

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Sigh.....it is always LBY who gets me out of drama slumber. Last Year Mother, now this.

Mother was superb! Cried my eyes out in every single episode.... :bawling:

• Like 2

+2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Mother was superb! Cried my eyes out in every single episode....

Well, I wouldn't say crying, but every damn episode was really emotional to watch and you were always on the edge of your seat. But the pacing and calm way of telling things was just out of this world. But it's not a watch for everyone, absolutely great drama, but nothing for moms. :) It was even harder than Children of Nobody, because in Mother pretty much everyone was after you. 

@mouse007 Between Someday or one day and The world of the married I don't know why I chose the later to watch now!!!!! I just had to find out why it was so popular. :sweatingbullets: I want to binge Someday.... 

Find me in you memory feels to me like two genres fused. Everyone but the hero is in fluff/roco land and he is in a thriller. But it is working. Moon Ga Young is too beautiful for words!

Oh and I also started watching The best of you in my mind. Extremely cute and according to me much better than The Love equations.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 4/26/2020 at 10:35 PM, JC's Lingxi said:

@mouse007 i watched it and cannot stop being mesmerized... specifically the last sequence....i am going gaga over it...

@JC's Lingxi same! I keep replaying the last scene over and over again. I can't wait to find out what happens next. 

1 hour ago, staygold said:

@mouse007 Between Someday or one day and The world of the married I don't know why I chose the later to watch now!!!!! I just had to find out why it was so popular. :sweatingbullets: I want to binge Someday.... 

Find me in you memory feels to me like two genres fused. Everyone but the hero is in fluff/roco land and he is in a thriller. But it is working. Moon Ga Young is too beautiful for words!

Oh and I also started watching The best of you in my mind. Extremely cute and according to me much better than The Love equations.

@staygold Someday or One Day is easy to binge-watch because it's only 13 episodes. I saw the trailer for The Best of You in My Mind and actually have it on my watchlist. 

• Like 3