Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Lawyerh Did you read the theories that said Jun wan could be Song hwa's first crush? Hahahaha. Reading that did awake my shipper heart for a split second. LOL. But I will not hold onto any hope.

@nrllee It was clear from last night's ep that Ik Jun still has some residual feelings for her, but none of that matters if Song hwa is not in the same place as him right now. She might have had a crush on IJ earlier, but what if she moved on? It's the same as Jung hwan and Deok sun. Deok sun also at one point reciprocated JH's feelings but JH was not ready because he didn't want to break the bro code. Then she moved on and marries Taek. It could be the same with IJ and SH. That's why I think Captain Ahn still has a chance, but I can't say the same for Jeong won for some reason. Jeong won could have stopped chasing SHwa because of IJ like you said, but what matters is who she likes. Let's say Jeong won confesses to her in the present, give me one solid reason why she would accept it? Unless she crushed on two guys back then. First Ik Jun and then sometime later, she also felt something for Jeong won? I don't really see her falling in love suddenly with one of her best friend. But I could be totally wrong. This writer is excellent in creating scenarios that would make me ship anyone. So we will just wait and see I guess. LOL. 

• LOL 2

Question - does anyone know what IS’s avatar is when she texted JWan?  It’s a green thing but I can’t make it out. :lol:

@kokodus with this writer and P.D. you have to look at big broad strokes/principles/ploys that they use across all their dramas.  Not specifics like who liked who etc.  Eg she likes to troll. All her dramas are like that.  She will hide the hints but troll the audience and then have the big aha moment at the end. It’s common in all her dramas.  If she gives really obvious hints, chances are they are red herrings. I just started watching Reply1994 and noticed in the beginning Chilbongie went into the bedroom to sleep. That was a totally husband thing to do but in the end he wasn’t the one was he?  So I would be careful if something is just too obvious.  She loves to troll.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@nrllee But this is not a reply series. It's not a hunt per se where there is already a husband and we need to find who it is with the clues from their past. Here she might as well not end up with anyone at all. Lol. 

No I think this is.  Writer just hasn’t presented it as such.  If this wasn’t a husband hunt, why would there be shipping?  I think she will keep trolling us.  Yes there may not be any in the end and she may just leave it open ended.  But she needs to keep the audience invested.  All the discussions so far have been about shipping.  There are a few medical things and heartfelt moments in there as well, but the majority of it is the shipping.  That’s what will carry the series through 3 seasons.  It’s all about guessing who will end up with who.

• LOL 2

@triplem @Ameera Ali I really hope we will see Ju Ji Hoon pair up with Jun Ji Hyun. :wub:

The article stated that it wasn't certain Ju Ji Hoon had time to do the drama, but he would be a fool not to take the role!

Jun Ji Hyun is a goddess, the writer wrote Signal and the director directed Goblin, Mr. Sunshine and Descendants of the Sun.

Talk about a dream team!!!

Spoiler

They look good together too! :D  

0db455d663c843538db336e887880f6e.jpeg?s=

Guess it means that we'll have to wait longer for a Hyena season 2 though. ;)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@nrllee No no I do agree that this show is all about shipping. LOL. That is the main thing I'm interested in too. But I just think the outcome will not be the same as reply series. The characters we see are in a different phase of life, they are not teenagers anymore. So it very much depends on who she has feelings for right now. 

• Love 3

35 minutes ago, kokodus said:

The characters we see are in a different phase of life, they are not teenagers anymore.

I agree.  But given the context of Korea where 40 seems to be the age where marriage is topmost priority.  I can’t see them escaping it?  Haven’t you noticed in Korea they keep talking about 40 (especially in the entertainment industry)?  This always shocks me because I think wow so old?  Everyone in the entertainment industry keeps saying they are “too young” when they get married before 40?  JWan wants to settle down - his character description says he does.  I think the fact that the parents keep pushing that envelope seems to imply that it’s something the writer will push.  I think for Koreans 40 seems to be that magic number where they start really getting serious about settling down (for the men anyway).

• Like 3

@nrllee I know right?!? They should've been settled by now. Imagine your kid going to kindergarten when you are already thinking about retirement. LOL. I hope oppa's wish comes true by the end of this season. I don't know where or how I'll be when they release the next seasons, I pretty much want some closure for all the characters in this season, but I don't think it's going to happen....sighhh. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I know right?!? They should've been settled by now. Imagine your kid going to kindergarten when you are already thinking about retirement

I know.  I remember when Song-Song happened (when they got married), everyone was like “whoa why are they married so young?” And I was like they are both in their 30s?  I couldn’t understand the logic.  :huh:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

No I think this is.  Writer just hasn’t presented it as such.  If this wasn’t a husband hunt, why would there be shipping?  I think she will keep trolling us.  Yes there may not be any in the end and she may just leave it open ended.  But she needs to keep the audience invested.  All the discussions so far have been about shipping.  There are a few medical things and heartfelt moments in there as well, but the majority of it is the shipping.  That’s what will carry the series through 3 seasons.  It’s all about guessing who will end up with who.

wait a second... in the poll, there was a whole bunch of people who said it was the friendships they enjoyed the most in the drama and not wondering who was going to end up with who. guess, they were being polite? :joy:

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

wait a second... in the poll, there was a whole bunch of people who said it was the friendships they enjoyed the most in the drama and not wondering who was going to end up with who. guess, they were being polite? :joy:

Hahahaha. These people are either lying or I'm just more shallower than I thought. LOL. I totally voted for the option that said who will end up with who. Hehehe

• LOL 2

15 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

It can be the doctor. But I still think if it is him, why.. if he loves HJ he could start it long before.. why stalking her now

Btw why only 1 ep this week? :frown: 

It was the Election Day  :tired:

it’s a kdrama , they always make best friend bad guy :D

+2 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1