Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@kokodus the bromance between Joon-ho and Je-hyeok is unreal. What a great friend Joon-ho really is. Ugh everyone needs a friend like that in their life. 

thanks for recommending this to me. I love it so much. 

interestingly, one of the soldiers who testified against Captain Yoo is one of Captain Ri’s ducklings in CLoY and Looney’s boyfriend (?) is actually Dr. Ahn Chi-soo in Hospital Playlist. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

How to Foxtrot? Why would you like to learn that? You wanna dance while you repair cars left, right and center?

:lol: Not quite. I would like to know how to do some ballroom dances just for fun. I can do a basic waltz thanks to my grandparents teaching me when I was younger but that's it. I think swing looks amazingly fun also but I need a partner for that. :(

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

To be honest I completely dropped my plan since this Covid 19 stuff started

I did too. Trying to get back in it but as I said, the stress of everything is definitely not helping me stay on track....

Also, if anyone has any drama suggestions [mainly Chinese] I need them! I've blown through pretty much everything that I had on the backburner and have no idea where to start on my humongous backlog of shows.

+2

5 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus the bromance between Joon-ho and Je-hyeok is unreal. What a great friend Joon-ho really is. Ugh everyone needs a friend like that in their life. 

thanks for recommending this to me. I love it so much. 

interestingly, one of the soldiers who testified against Captain Yoo is one of Captain Ri’s ducklings in CLoY and Looney’s boyfriend (?) is actually Dr. Ahn Chi-soo in Hospital Playlist. 

Yes Captain Ahn was Looney's boyfriend in PP and Dr. Do, Jun Wan's slacky resident was Captain Yoo's brother in PP.  Actually half of the cast of PP has already appeared in Hospital playlist, if you go back and rewatch HP, you will identify many of them. Haha.

Honestly I don't know whether such a friendship exists in real life. Friends will be there with you when you are doing well but when something big like this happens they run away. LOL. That is why Joon Ho's character is so special, he was not there when Je hyeok was popular and rich, but he was there when he was in the most depressing point in his life. I love how he let everyone think that he is Je hyeok's stalker fan. LOLOL. I don't know whether you have reached that scene where they show a flashback of when Joon Ho goes to this restaurant with his friends and sees Je hyeok there. That scene was not anything big but it brought tears to my eyes for some reason. I only rewatched that scene yesterday. Hehe. There are just so many touching moments like this in this show....it's just very beautiful. I'm glad that you are enjoying it too. 

• Love 2

17 hours ago, partyon said:

Question to ALL fellow Soompiers:

I really want to watch a drama that would induce lots of tears. Any recommendations on a melodrama or otherwise emotional drama you liked?

Good tears or bad tears?  Good tears are like ones where it doesn’t leave you feeling totally gutted and empty at the end - it actually brings hope.  Bad tears are the ones which leave you questioning the meaning of life and why you bothered.  I haven’t watched much but Radiant (The Light In Your Eyes) is great for “good tears”.  Frankly I don’t go for ones that have “bad tears”.  I want to finish a drama hopeful despite the tragedies, not so despairing that I mope around for days after.  Especially not in this climate. :)

For “good tears” films, chase down Be With You (So JiSub and Son YeJin), Marathon (Cho SeungWoo).  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question :kiss_wink:

@nrllee @Lawyerh @Sushimi @Sejabin @Dhakra @mouse007 @kokodus @cenching  I will definitely check out all of your suggestions!

Minus "Hachi" - I can't watch any movies or dramas with sad animal stories (especially dogs). I am still traumatized from a couple "Lassie" movies - lol . :D :D:D 

I think it doesn't matter if it's good tears or bad tears, but good tears which leaves you with hope is always nicer. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow, thank you @Lmangla ! :kiss_wink: 

They made really awesome dramas in the old days. I am a big fan of some of the older ones like Que Sera Sera, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, What Happens in Bali, Accidental Couple, Coffee Prince, Goong, Full House, etc. 

Do you  have any other suggestions of old dramas (doesn't need to necessarily be a melodrama)? :smile:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@partyon ~ I actually started watching kdramas at that time and so I remember those oldies more than the newer ones. I just feel like the old ones had a certain charm and story telling that made it easy to watch. it was all about emotions. another one I would recommend is 'beautiful days' -- this is before lee byung hun was famous and he was actually the second lead!!!! he and cho ji woo had such chemistry that the writer basically ended up re-writing the angle of the story and he got the girl!

just watch the first minute and you will know why the audience begged these two to be together -- this is their first interaction and there is something about this moment that is really striking and different. have seen too many dramas to count but this meeting stands out for its chemistry, sizzle as well as a genuine connect. I was totally squealing when I first watched it! ^_^

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Finally done with this old weekend drama called Smile, You. Character devolpment is one thing that these long family dramas does very well. Characters that we hate in the start of the series become so lovable over the course of 40-50 eps. Its really satisfying watching their growth. I should watch more of these feel good family dramas. 

Now I have to decide which JKH oppa drama I should watch next....lol. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Finally done with this old weekend drama called Smile, You. Character devolpment is one thing that these long family dramas does very well. Characters that we hate in the start of the series become so lovable over the course of 40-50 eps. Its really satisfying watching their growth. I should watch more of these feel good family dramas. 

it is why I enjoy longer dramas -- you get to see the characters grow and it isn't just one OTP. there are several romances with different dynamics and it can be entertaining...

check out one of my favourites: sons of sol pharmacy (really hilarious) and has ji chang wook as a rookie!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@phikylI am tall and white enough to say that I shouldn't dance at all. But I do appriciate ppl who are able to do a classical dance. Another reason probably why I shouldn't marry. Afaik is it tradition that bride & groom start the evening with a waltz.

Once the "normal" life begins I will be under stress too, but it's more like stress I put on myself on purpose. Moving, new job and all sorts of stuff. But I never felt so motivated to go back into the gym and take care of myself. I can literally feel how everything evolves back and that I constantly lose strength and muscles. 

@SushimiI did that too one day. But while I was at work back then. Mom thought there is a ghost living in my house. :D 

@partyon Have you seen "It Started with a Kiss"? It also has a sequel "They Kiss Again". You can also watch "Personal Taste" with Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin, "King2Hearts" with Lee Seung Gi and Ha Ji Won, "Fated to Love You" with Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra

@kokodus I haven't gotten to that scene yet. I am on ep 7 now. The scene where Je-Hyeok's cellmates decide to fool him into thinking his coach appeared to him in a dream... OH MY GOODNESS! I couldn't stop laughing! They even asked for dry ice! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, kokodus said:

What about Missing Nine??? or Cruel City? :mrgreen:

@partyon @Ameera Ali i am really going to miss Hyena...I think I will check out Rugal next.

@Lawyerh I initially wanted to watch that affair drama but dear me , the husband is so trash and was pretty violent, like domestic abuse type of thing , I don't think I can stomach it.  I saw some cuts on IG 

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

:joy:the affair drama just to cure my boredom... I think will end badly... 

I think so too...the husband is real awful...hmm wonder if it will become a revenge drama after this

But dear lord the twist on 365 ending tonight...my mind right now... i cannot comprehend anymore :joy:

Spoiler

tumblr_mvwxygiVdb1stovino1_400.gifv

37 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Have you seen "It Started with a Kiss"? It also has a sequel "They Kiss Again". You can also watch "Personal Taste" with Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin, "King2Hearts" with Lee Seung Gi and Ha Ji Won, "Fated to Love You" with Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra

@mouse007 Yes, I have seen all of them! :) I really liked King2Hearts a lot - Ha Ji Won's and Lee Seung Gi's bickering was so funny. :D 

Which of these dramas is your personal favorite? :) 

@triplem Already missing Hyena :( :( :( 
I tried to watch Rugal but I have re-started episode 3 four times already, and can't seem to move forward with it. :( 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Already missing Hyena :( :( :( 
I tried to watch Rugal but I have re-started episode 3 four times already, and can't seem to move forward with it. :( 

That's the problem i have , I can't seem to pick up new dramas too.  But Hyena, I would so love a season 2. It was such a good drama from start to finish . 

@Lawyerh Bookstore ahjussi , I have already dropped it...it was too slow for me. Only watching - Hi Bye Mama, HP and 365 ( I die die won't drop it since I have to ogle at my oppa :lol:)

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

That's the problem i have , I can't seem to pick up new dramas too.  But Hyena, I would so love a season 2. It was such a good drama from start to finish . 

Whew - I thought I was the only one with this problem. :joy:

Right now, my plan is to check out The King: Eternal Monarch, but I am too scared to visit the Soompi thread. :joy:

I will also try Good Casting, because the quirky Choi Kang Hee is starring in it, and it seems like we are going to have a cool and fierce middle-aged lady squad who will go undercover. :grin:

Spoiler

good-casting-cover-680x384.jpg

Look at the abs on Choi Kang Hee! She's turning 43 in a couple of weeks! :astonished:

• Like 2

@partyon I loved all of them equally except for Personal Taste. I mean, I loved Personal Taste too but I loved the other ones more. I actually re-watched King2Hearts not too long ago. It's the drama that introduced me to Lee Seunggi and it's still the role I love him most.

Do you stick to a particular genre?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mouse007 said:

Do you stick to a particular genre?

I re-watched King2Hearts about 3 months ago. :kiss_wink:

I like all types of genres; romance, melodramas, comedies, thrillers, psychological thrillers, etc. I think that sageuk is the only genre I've never really been fond of. 

What about you? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, partyon said:

I think that sageuk is the only genre I've never really been fond of. 

same here; I think it is because I have trouble telling who the characters are since much of the men look the same in identical clothes and there is so much politics that I have trouble telling who is against who. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1