Add and Subtract Game

Admin

+2

I once knew somebody who did Home Office all the time and I thought it was easy. But now I know how struggling it can be to resist every distraction and how valuable silence is.

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra I read that you are under shelter-in/stay home directives like us.  Hope things are ok. Keep your mom safe as well.  Stay healthy ok?  If you have time, watch Hospital Playlist (on Netflix) and 365 One year against destiny with us.  See you in those threads ok?

Yeah, since a couple of days. After Italy and Spain had so many deaths and our numbers are incresing, it gets even worse after tomorrow. The government decided that every store or non-crucial service has to close immediately and every social activity which includes more than two people is forbidden. And only people who live in the same household are allowed to walk together.

This counts especially for people who are considers as risk. And as I have learned today, as allergic person with asthma I count as one. 

Still I have to go out tomorrow to find toilet paper. -_-

But for now it's okay here, Mom is fine, she doesn't leave her apartment. Whenever she needs something I go and buy it for her.

Hospital Playlist and 365 One year against Destiny? I look into them.  

Hospital is a nono. But 365's female lead is Nam Ji-Hyun? Count me in. I give the first episodes a watch tomorrow. :) 

@cenching that video of PHJ with baby just made me love him even more. I love babies so when I see a full grown man love them just as much...:wub:

I work from home full time so I’m used to staying home all the time. However, having to stay home 24-7 is definitely giving me cabin fever. I hope the weather warms up soon so I can at least take the boys out for a walk around the block. Playgrounds are a no-go but I’d like to just take a walk. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Trailer of LMH’s new drama, The Eternal Monarch

I don’t know how I feel about it yet. FL is throwing me off a little just bec I’m so used to her in Goblin. I’ll definitely be checking it out though!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Yeah, since a couple of days. After Italy and Spain had so many deaths and our numbers are incresing, it gets even worse after tomorrow. The government decided that every store or non-crucial service has to close immediately and every social activity which includes more than two people is forbidden. And only people who live in the same household are allowed to walk together.

This counts especially for people who are considers as risk. And as I have learned today, as allergic person with asthma I count as one. 

Merkel’s potentially sick too yeah?  :mellow:  Hopefully her test comes out negative.  Just think not too long ago there were just a smattering of cases in Germany and now it’s a full blown pandemic.  My country is clamping down too.  Every other day it seems more rules (confusing) are being handed down and everyone hasn’t even had a chance to digest the previous set.  It’s a fluid situation and everyone’s just playing catch up.  I pity the ones out of a job because goodness knows when the economy will pick up enough for them to get another one.  Stay safe and healthy. 

• Love 2

15 hours ago, Dhakra said:

But isn't it funny? The past few weeks it was cold, rainy and early March it was snowing. But now, since we all are more or less in lockdown, suddenly the weather is fantastic. It's 'Biergarten' time.....is there an english word for 'Biergarten'? Beer garden? Alcohilic beverage park?

SAME HERE!

It was snowing last weekend before the semi-lockdown started but all week it's been 70F/21C and sunny. Perfect weather to be going outside and doing things! Beer garden? I don't think we have a single word for that. lol. 

Did you ever find your toilet paper? My boss ordered extra at work from our suppliers for the employees to buy at cost if necessary. :joy: The owner is cheap so I'd only use that sandpaper if I really had to but I thought it was great that she did that. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow to try and load up again. I had gone shopping right before the panic buying started so I haven't seen the state of the stores yet. Hoping that I waited it out long enough to be able to get everything on my list. 

+2

7 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I haven’t been here for a few days so I’m a little behind. Anyone watching Skate Into Love? 

@kokodus Deng Lun makes an appearance and he’s supposedly a legendary hockey player and his name is Xu Feng (which, as you know, is his name in Ashes) :joy:

Ahhh this news has already reached my ears through @themarchioness haha. Apparently he is called the Ice god when truly he is the god of fire. Tsk tsk. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

39 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Which part was it a waste of your time though?

There were promising threads that never really came together in the end. 

Spoiler

1. CSY has photographic memory - This worked during initial cases. The novelty wore off by the end. 

2. CSY character arc - Earlier she was newbie later she could leap into air and kick the criminal. She was the same before and after they caught the driver who caused her mom's death.

3. HHY - Gave out the name of JH's GF. Why? Just bcos she wanted to survive. There was no hidden jealousy, no ill-will. It was just a name that came to her. They didn't elaborate on it. They had time. They chose not to.

4. CHP, and the senior police guy - Covered up the case 5 years back. That is there only motivation to keep The Guy free/ help him escape. They'd rather have people murdered than admit they messed up. This in itself could have been enough of a plot. But it just proved to be an annoyance throughout the series.

5. Few people just got killed for the sake of it. Like Yang Man Soo, Mucheon Police detective. Especially Mucheon Police detective bcos it was convenient to lead us to the pyscho.

6. Last eps - Psycho screams out a name Kim Yo Han. By then I was like who the hell is that? I have forgotten who that is and have no will to find out. 

7. JH - I love him. The only reason I am not completely sorry I watched this series. But seriously he deserves so much better.

8. HHY - She got so much screen time! Almost as much or even more than CSY. Neither the actress nor her character justified it.

All the above started out with promise but how the writer chose to end the thread left a huge Meh feeling. When the rival criminal profiler got hung on live show I thought the psycho wud be someone really smart but no he was just a lucky richard simmon helped by the writer.

+2

@mouse007 I am watching Skate into Love. The hero oddly reminds me of Kwon Yul! :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

From two consecutive posts:

16 hours ago, kokodus said:

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Did we change the rules? Is it +298 and -298 now ? :joy:  And the rest of y'all just went along with the fact that we jumped from 400 to 700? :sweat_smile:  @Lmangla really wants to win, huh? Just kidding... :kiss_wink:

I re-calculated the points, and we are at:

Carry on :relieved:

• LOL 5

Hahahaha @partyon Good catch. There has to be someone in the thread who keeps track of numbers. LOL. Most of us don't care about it anyways. Hahaha. It's not like they are giving us any medals or something for winning. This thread is just a medium for people to come and go like a coffee shop and gossip about things. Hahahahaha. 

@Lmangla is in the subtract team anyways. Hahahaha. It's more like she doesn't want us to win. LOLOLOL

• LOL 4

Why are people so stupid though? Our state is going to be in a lockdown from tomorrow so everyone packed their bag and decided to go to their hometowns today like it's a vacation. There is a sea of people in bus stands and railway stations right now. I just want to go and bang my head against the wall. We don't need any lockdown after this. I'm pretty sure half of the population already got the virus. 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

no doubt...ppl are actually acting stupid even when PM is requesting... that shows they just want to defy PM.. lol... my office has given work from home upto 31st...let's see how long it sustains...now toh i am bored to death... this too shall we pass...

I have lost all my hope for the human kind. People have lost their logic annd reason over fear. Even yesterday when PM asked to clap and show appreciation for the health care workers, he told everyone to do it from their balconies or near their windows. But everyone has come to the streets like they celebrating Holi. Don't even get me started on that singer chick who came back from London and attended a ton of parties. She is blaming the govt officials now for not warning her. How is that an excuse? She came back from a place where hundreds of people had been dying each day, what more warning do you need to stay in your goddamn house?? I can't even....i'm going to accept the fact that there is nothing that can be done with people who are being ignorant in times like this. 

• Sad 3

i'm going to accept the fact that there is nothing that can be done with people who are being ignorant in times like this. 

People can’t follow the rules :joy:

some times I feel like the only one who didn’t go out in the weekend :D 

Spoiler

our government understanding of social distancing 

5e78c3b94d5e5140698340.jpg?download

how most of uk population think of social distancing ( just treat it like public holiday :D

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1