Add and Subtract Game

Admin

16 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Confuse as to join or not to join? :joy:

hahaha..... only my overseas friends (US, UK, australia) are complaining and some of their complaints sound a bit strange to me. here, in this part of the world, the posts are about their usual line -- religious posts, jokes/creatives/cake posts, political posts, economic articles, and stuff like farewells (few work in colleges and so abrupt closing meant no graduation ceremony). basically nothing out of the ordinary. the only corona related post was from this classmate who posted domestic abuse number hotline as the quarantine is actually very unsafe for people in such situations. not out of the norm for her as she has interest in that area.

and in local news, because gyms are closed, the number of morning walkers have increased because folks want to be fit to increase their immunity. :sweatingbullets::lol:

• LOL 5

@Lawyerh ~ I think there are different cultural sensibilities coming into play. frankly speaking, there are two camps -- slightly panicked (not full blown like overseas though) and the 'shrug' crowd here.

the reasons for the 'shrug' crowd are many -- we have seen lots of infectious diseases (so the question for some is why is this one being treated this way when others weren't). I was speaking to a lady whose son is a doctor and there are cases of other infectious diseases still being treated (and these diseases are as infectious or more than this one) but the focus is on corona at the moment. we are used to emergencies for political reasons and so the idea of a shutdown is not new to us. and there's the cultural idea of fate. here's the fable my maid tells to relate her point of view -- there was a king and an astrologer told him he was going to die tomorrow. he figured his enemies will come and he gives instructions to his generals, the palace security is tightened. he decides the palace is still not safe and goes to hide out in the cave alone... there he gets bitten by a snake and dies. point of the story -- you will die when you are supposed to regardless of whatever you do. so my maid's point is all these precautions are well and good but if we are supposed to die at this time, then we will die at that time. so life will go because this is not the first disease and neither will it be the last. that's her view.

even in the news, it is a multi-focused narrative -- there's politics still happening, economic concerns as industries are feeling the pinch, worries over the unorganized sector...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

@Lawyerh ~ we can understand the idea of people buying food but the one that raises a lot of confusion is... toilet paper. so not to offend anyone. :sweatingbullets: sorry in advance!

Spoiler

this was my pastor in last week's sermon. "we see in the news of people stocking up food and toilet paper overseas. (pause. almost mutters) I don't understand why toilet paper though. :sweatingbullets: (panic look thinking he might offend someone).. anyway, let's not panic. pray and stay calm."....

here's a conversation I had with my friend:

me relating story of my pastor

friend: yea, I hear this from my relatives overseas

me: but why? it is not a bum disease. how does toilet paper help?

friend: yea, it is not a bum disease but they don't have the tap/hose/bidet near toilet. some don't even have sink to wash hands. you can't imagine how much we suffered when we went to visit those relatives.

me: what? but there should be both options? no tap?

friend: no. such bad construction!

me: but how much toilet paper would you need?

friend: they go through many it seems. very confusing. why don't they use the tap?

• LOL 4

@Lmangla Hahahaha ikr?!? We are definitely the shrug crowd. Panic buying is not a thing here. Mainly because people won't spend that much money on insignificant things like that. We only spend money on gold and real estate. Hahahaha. When I open social media, I only see truck loads of memes not any anxiety posts. LOL. 

• LOL 3

17 hours ago, triplem said:

I swore I would not watch another Jang Nara drama ...

Jang Nara is definitely one of my fave actresses. I have watched almost all of her dramas. Her acting keeps improving with each drama and she's such a hard worker too. :wub:

Why don't you want to watch her drama?!? Are you still angry about The Last Empress? ;) It was a hard time for all of us, I know.... :D I still can't get over the travesty Choi Jin Hyuk faced in the end... His character got hit, stabbed and shot so many times (I think I counted 17 scenes of violence towards his character all in all), and then we get that ending?!?!? Naaawww, I was angry for weeks after! :angry::angry::angry: Anyway I did appreciate this about the show:

3ab93498080a4128b6e8315227bac4f9.jpeg?s=

• LOL 4

kekekek... @kokodus ~ some of the jokes are so absurd and hilarious. people were laughing that since alcohol is a natural sanitizer, we should all be drinking more. :lol: next thing you know, medical director on TV tells "umm, people. please don't increase intake of alcohol. it doesn't actually help....." :sweatingbullets::lol:

• LOL 2

@partyon I love Jang nara...Go Back Couple is one of my favourites...but she has a penchant for taking on dramas that would break my heart and mess with my mind...TLE ( disservice to my oppa...are you gonna watch Rugal? Starts next week)..then VIP ....like what was that all about...cries....so I told myself no more JNR dramas...but ahahahaha then I see she's paired with Go Joon from the Fiery Priest - I think I will retract my resolution...:joy:

1 minute ago, Lawyerh said:

Actually the drama sounds wacky. With 3 men compete for her? To have baby or something? @triplem @Ameera Ali @partyon :lol: I maybe will join u guys... entertainment during all this quarantine :w00t:

That's why I figured with such a wacky premise, .I should just watch it...I need some distraction from all the RL troubles of the world :lol:

@triplem @Lawyerh ~ after last empress, I just can't find any interest in jang nara dramas regardless of how handsome oppas may be. there used to be this local actress - she played mom and was always great at crying scenes. it got to a point where the leads would know that if this actress was cast, they would die in the movie just because the actress had to play some tragic scene. :sweatingbullets:.. jang nara feels like that -- her drama is bound to have a bad ending....

• LOL 3

@Lmangla didn’t they also used to say that about Kim Nam Gil ? He’ll sure die :lol:. Thankfully , he stayed alive in his last two dramas . Or I’ll ban him for life . 

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

seeing the track of TLE and VIP i didnt even dare to pick up the drama at all....i heard it was very makjang to begin with lol

Ya , don’t need to watch . The plots are most crazy . Even the makjang family dramas are better . :lol:

22 minutes ago, angelangie said:

seeing the track of TLE and VIP i didnt even dare to pick up the drama at all....i heard it was very makjang to begin with lol

Yeah, The Last Empress was real makjang! The first half was good, and then it just deteriorated... The ending - no comments :crazy:

VIP was very good in the first half but again: the ending - no comments :crazy:

Jang Nara's other projects like e.g. Go Back Couple, I Remember You, FTLY etc have been very good though!
I will for sure pick up her newest drama ! 3 men and one woman? Count me  in :D  

@triplem I will watch Rugal. I heart Choi Jin Hyuk a lot! :wub:

• LOL 3

11 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

talking about makjang..watched this drama once..they established a love-line..at the very end, the ml realises that he is a descendant of the throne and the girl is one of the princess in the family...thus..they can’t be together cause they are siblings...then later on the princess dies..:joy:

What drama is this? Sounds like the writer had too many drinks when she was writing it :D  

Reminds me of this drama I was watching once where the ML cheats on his pregnant wife, and then gets married to his mistress but still pines for his ex througout the whole drama. Then the kid gets leukemia and the only way they can save him is by producing a sibling even though the ML and FL are married to other people. Boy, the mess after that.... Makjang at its finest.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Actually the drama sounds wacky. With 3 men compete for her? To have baby or something? @triplem @Ameera Ali @partyon :lol: I maybe will join u guys... entertainment during all this quarantine :w00t:

@triplem , @Lawyerh  Just one thing I know I wouldn’t  have with my husband drama (  second lead syndrome While she picking  the perfect sperm :joy:

5e748e6eb590f059478455.jpg?download

+2

• LOL 3