Jump to content

Add and Subtract Game


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sejabin said:

Nowadays they sometimes called me to sing in the church chorus but I have no time now. Between work and baby it is not easy for me to be able to always go out and sing ^_*

 

just curious, do you sing In Indonesian? or something like Mozart, Bach or Handel? I am asking because in Egypt, in church, my Christian neighbours sing in Arabic :) 

 

I had a university professor who taught me poetry at college, a female, I met her by chance at the university and talked to her, she is Egyptian, she told me she studied music in England, and she played the piano :) She is Christian, so I told her if she likes German church music and I mentioned Bach and Handel, she liked them. She left music and worked as a teacher of Poetry in the English Department and I was her student. I met her after a long time from graduating and we had some good talk :) she is quite old now, but really very courteous

 

I was originally meeting the Head of the English Literature Department, my professor, he was the editor of a magazine, he knew my passion for music, and asked me to write articles about classical music for his magazine. I wrote several articles about Chopin, Beethoven, and Mendelssohn. He asked me to write about something not so classical for a change, so I wrote about Bob Dylan and Louis Armstrong. 

 

+2 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 151.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • kokodus

    9550

  • Sleepy Owl

    7648

  • partyon

    7128

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. the real night sky.  to a team add @Ernie @Min2206  @4evrkdrama @Catleya    @sadthe1st @cenching   @MayanEcho @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl  @joccu @pompyavi @Nodame    @J

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sejabin said:

 

Mmm no. Music is a hobby ^_* 

I currently working in the prevention field. Wkwkwkkwkw. Such as Using contraceptions for population control. Lol but I am more in the population field than in the contraceptions field. 

 

+2

Ah I see...that´s interesting :mrgreen:

 

+2

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sejabin said:

y products.

 

@nohamahamoud2002 hehe thank you *hugssss.. 

oh yeah. In the college I have my chorus groups. In the church too, Also in my music school center. But faculty/college quier? Chorus? Was so much fun. We sang many songs together. Traditional/folks songs, national songs, pop songs, we were playing more than exercising. Hahahaha sometimes if abang bakso lewat, meatballs soup seller passed by our practice place, we forget to practicing our songs and choosed to bought bakso/meatballs then eat together. And our meatballs soups were so spicy. After our throats feel hot because of the spicy soups, we remember that we must to sing, then the practicing will become messy. HAHAHAHAHA. 

 

I really can imagine you outgoing and cheerful. I like your optimism and seeing good things in life. You make me feel good :)

 

please always smile and be happy. I wish you the best :wub:

 

+2

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sejabin @nohamahamoud2002

It’s called choir (koor in Indonesian). I was in Catholic School all my school years. Choir and musical instruments were our daily breads....:joy: Not that I am unusually talented but those music extracurriculars were the only way to skipped classes without being punished...:naughty: Also we can travel all around for competitions.
 

+2

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m currently at Cha Time, waiting in line, to order bubble tea :D

 

@Sarang21 thank you so much for sharing those vids of BTS!! My fave is the last one with them dancing to ON. I actually watched a bunch of their choreography practices on YT the other night. Whenever I watch choreography videos on YT, it’s like falling into a black hole bec I get so caught up!!

 

@ktcjdrama I started watching Forest and I’m on ep 3 now. I like it so far so I think I’m going to keep watching. :D

 

@partyon I’m a LMH fan and have seen all of his dramas so I’m definitely planning on checking it out when it becomes available. 


@Sejabin are you referring to I’ll Go To You When the Weather Is Nice? I watched the first 2 eps and really like it.

 

@cenching Facial oil can be tricky but you can really see the effect if you find one that your skin likes. I’m currently using the Biossance Tea tree oil and I love it. 
 

-2

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

 

@cenching Facial oil can be tricky but you can really see the effect if you find one that your skin likes. I’m currently using the Biossance Tea tree oil and I love it. 

 

Mine is Mango Seed Oil, I used it last night...Let's see how it goes....:sweatingbullets:

 

510

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

I’m currently at Cha Time, waiting in line, to order bubble tea :D

 

@Sarang21 thank you so much for sharing those vids of BTS!! My fave is the last one with them dancing to ON. I actually watched a bunch of their choreography practices on YT the other night. Whenever I watch choreography videos on YT, it’s like falling into a black hole bec I get so caught up!!

-2

 

You are welcome. I´m always happy when other people gets to discover them...so I act than as a PR person :joy:

Looks like you have become a big fan now :joy:. Which memeber caught your eyes?

I know what you mean about choreography videos, I live vicariously through them :joy:

 

 

 

Does anyone of you got Weibo? There is currently something tragic going on with one of my favorite actor Xiao Zhan and I need updates.

+2

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Does anyone of you got Weibo? There is currently something tragic going on with one of my favorite actor Xiao Xiang and I need updates.

 

Did you mean Xiao Zhan??? The Untamed actor??? I think the brouhaha is about fanfic vs fandom...

 

+2

  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cenching said:

 

Did you mean Xiao Zhan??? The Untamed actor??? I think the brouhaha is about fanfic vs fandom...

 

+2

Yes him...I made a mistake. Yeah so what I heard is that some of his fans reported a fanfic to the authority that they deemed inaproppriate. As a result the goverment shut down the whole entire website. Now all the users of that site are angry about it and rating every of his drama 1 star. He is receiving a lot of hate right now. :bawling: I also heard that the original writer of that fanfic is also receiving hate to the point where they are considering taking their own live. It´s just a messy situation and I´m scared that it´s going to end badly. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sarang21 said:

Yes him...I made a mistake. Yeah so what I heard is that some of his fans reported a fanfic to the authority that they deemed inaproppriate. As a result the goverment shut down the whole entire website. Now all the users of that site are angry about it and rating every of his drama 1 star. He is receiving a lot of hate right now. :bawling: I also heard that the original writer of that fanfic is also receiving hate to the point where they are considering taking their own live. It´s just a messy situation and I´m scared that it´s going to end badly. 

 

Yes, plus his studio handles the situation badly. His fame reaches a new height after The Untamed that is originally a BL webtoon. Why the fandom felt the need to report a fanfic as "inappropriate"?? Absurd!!! Those fandom has a mentality of holier than thou....

 

Tbh, his situation is not looking promising at the moment in China. Let's wait and see....Btw, AvenueX has a discussion about it a little....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAJa5VlzzRq7Ebr-IQbXqyA/community

 

+2

  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@nrllee I am still trying to accept this curly / wavy hair thing that many the actors are going for ... PHJ is right -  me, the ahjumma generation, isn’t a fan :lol: ..... however  I think LJH is looking handsome . Can’t wait for it to air . I hope it does not disappoint me 

Spoiler

 


I think I am on drama overload ! 
 

524

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree @triplem I don’t mind it as much on LJH. I think the fact that the whole vibe of 365 seems darker so I am warming to the wavy perm on him.  I am not sure about the new PHJ drama he is filming now...it sounds comedic too?  I just want him to be in a straight up serious drama with no Aegyo or comedy in it.  Doesn’t have to be a thriller.  Even slice of life or melo is okay.  I couldn’t finish MXM - I kept fast forwarding scenes and the FL isn’t doing anything for me. 


yes @cenching he is.
 

524

  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

yes @cenching he is.
 

 

Not familiar with him, I only saw him in The Lies Within with Jo BoAh's ex that I forgot his name too....:joy: But he is cute. My brain has a difficulty in registering Korean names....:sweat_smile:

 

526

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@triplem don’t know why the whole boy playing a girl in Hi Bye Mama is such an issue.  Guess it will die a natural death as the number of first posters to the thread dwindle.  I can understand the surprise (I was surprised too) but to then question why they didn’t change the character in the drama to a boy just because they cast a boy in the role seemed superfluous?  He auditioned for the part of a girl?  And he was hands down better than all the other little girls that auditioned?  It’s based purely on merit?  To change it after he had auditioned and won the part would’ve disadvantaged little boys who would’ve auditioned for the part of a boy? And frankly would be a huge slap in the face for the little boy who won because it would imply that they didn’t think he could pull it off in the end. I hope everyone just settles into the story and plot and their individual performances instead.  I haven’t started it.  I am not in the mood for a cry fest. :lol:
 

524

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@triplem don’t know why the whole boy playing a girl in Hi Bye Mama is such an issue.  Guess it will die a natural death as the number of first posters to the thread dwindle.  I can understand the surprise (I was surprised too) but to then question why they didn’t change the character in the drama to a boy just because they cast a boy in the role seemed superfluous?  He auditioned for the part of a girl?  And he was hands down better than all the other little girls that auditioned?  It’s based purely on merit?  To change it after he had auditioned and won the part would’ve disadvantaged little boys who would’ve auditioned for the part of a boy? And frankly would be a huge slap in the face for the little boy who won because it would imply that they didn’t think he could pull it off in the end. I hope everyone just settles into the story and plot and their individual performances instead.  I haven’t started it.  I am not in the mood for a cry fest. :lol:
 

524

I am one of those who questioned why not change the character to a son instead of keeping it as daughter. @triplem explained the possibility of doing so in the main thread, that a daughter probably serves as constant reminder for the people around FL which made moving on from her death more difficult. The reason why the child actor was chosen was because he looks very much like KTH when she was a little girl, so they went for the identical looks for mother-daughter pairing when casting.

I haven't cried much watching ep.1-2 actually, only during scenes of husband grieving. I admit it's difficult for me to get into the story. I don't know why, is it KTH, or is it always seeing the little kid as a boy instead of a girl, sorry but I feel they didn't style him girly enough except for the side ponies... Yeah, I really wished I didn't know about this trivia before watching. As a matter of fact, I am more invested in the second wife (stepmother)'s backstory.

 

524

  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cenching said:

 

Yes, plus his studio handles the situation badly. His fame reaches a new height after The Untamed that is originally a BL webtoon. Why the fandom felt the need to report a fanfic as "inappropriate"?? Absurd!!! Those fandom has a mentality of holier than thou....

 

Tbh, his situation is not looking promising at the moment in China. Let's wait and see....Btw, AvenueX has a discussion about it a little....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAJa5VlzzRq7Ebr-IQbXqyA/community

 

+2

I watch Avenuex too. I have read the statement of the agency and to be honest what could they have done better. Because nothing that they would have said would have appeased the angry people. I just feel so bad for him that he is geting all the hate for something that he is not responsible for. I fear that it will have a huge damage on his career. I hope he got a good support system around him :(

 

+2

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ktcjdrama I guess cynics could say it was all for the hype.  So I can understand in part why there would be those who question the decision.  But yes I can see your point of view too.  I watched Swing Kids not knowing the boy in the movie was actually a girl (she had shaved all her hair off) and it was really only much later when I watched some of the movie introductions done when KyungSoo announced to everyone that he was in actual fact a she that I found out.  A lot of people were startled too by the reveal.  I think it would’ve sat at the back of my mind constantly had I known in advance and I would pick things out which I wouldn’t have whilst watching the movie.  Keeping the girl character intact in this drama would adhere to the premise of the show.  She would be a constant reminder of her deceased mother to her dad and of course to the step mom.  But I am with you.  I feel more for the step mom than I do for KTH.  She was on her back foot even before she stepped into the step mom role.  Blended families are hard.  From the get go, there’s always competition.  
 

524

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..