• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

• partyon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. the real night sky.  to a team add @Ernie @Min2206  @4evrkdrama @Catleya    @sadthe1st @cenching   @MayanEcho @Thong Thin @Sleepy Owl  @joccu @pompyavi @Nodame    @J

Posted Images

@ktcjdrama @triplem did you guys watch Cheese in the Trap?  I avoided it because it looked too “cheesy” :lol: (posters).  But I wanted more of PHJ.  And I really like Kim GoEun.  She’s not your usual pretty actress but she is magic when on screen.  Every time I watch her, I am impressed so that’s saying something.  Anyway I started watching.  I have heard there was a massive outcry about the ending... which I gather wasn’t the happy ever after that everyone wanted.  I am on Ep13.  It’s really good.  The story, the characters, the Uni life portrayal.  What were your thoughts about the ending?  Did you like it?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, nrllee said:

@ktcjdrama @triplem did you guys watch Cheese in the Trap?  I avoided it because it looked too “cheesy” :lol: (posters).  But I wanted more of PHJ.  And I really like Kim GoEun.  She’s not your usual pretty actress but she is magic when on screen.  Every time I watch her, I am impressed so that’s saying something.  Anyway I started watching.  I have heard there was a massive outcry about the ending... which I gather wasn’t the happy ever after that everyone wanted.  I am on Ep13.  It’s really good.  The story, the characters, the Uni life portrayal.  What were your thoughts about the ending?  Did you like it?

Ok the ending was not to my liking . It was a big outcry for a reason . As much as I love second lead brown eye oppa ...my bias in that drama is PHJ . Somewhat spoilerish & strong words from me 

Spoiler

Basically the writer / PD gave so much screen time to second lead ‘s piano playing scenes that you Will hardly see PHJ towards the end . I love Seo Kang Joon but I really did not ship him with KGE ‘s character at all . But SKJ was very popular with the audience, so the writer changed some stuff toward the end ( that’s what I believe happened)  And the ending was ridiculous - it was some stupid open ending & we don’t even know what it meant ...

@nrllee @triplem

I Chose to watched the movie version with PHJ but different female lead due to the crappy ending in drama version. From what I read the movie ending somehow was quite understandable. I love KGE and she’s definitely a superb artist and way better than OHS but I don’t want to wasted 16 hours of my time for such crappy ending. At least by watching the movie version I got what was Cheese In The Trap was all about without the heartache of crappy ending.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
15 minutes ago, cenching said:

@nrllee @triplem

I Chose to watched the movie version with PHJ but different female lead due to the crappy ending in drama version. From what I read the movie ending somehow was quite understandable. I love KGE and she’s definitely a superb artist and way better than OHS but I don’t want to wasted 16 hours of my time for such crappy ending. At least by watching the movie version I got what was Cheese In The Trap was all about without the heartache of crappy ending.

+2

Yeah , but PHJ is my 1st oppa love . :lol: . So when I watch CITT ( drama version ) it was long before the movie came out but the movie also was not to my liking . But he did do the movie for closure for himself & his fans . 

Anyhow , I have watched him in a worse drama where he was the second lead . Dr Stranger . That was the most cray cray drama ever . If people think CLOY with its NK set up has this romanticised feel ...they’ll change their mind after Dr Stranger :w00t:. No happy ending can ever come from living in that country.

Edited by Guest

@Ameera Ali Zin Tae Hyun and his wife adopted this nice girl recently. They met her at the orphanage while doing charity work. They are wonderful people. This program is "You are my destiny" on SBS, sadly Park Si-eun is 40, so she might not give birth easily now, but they adopted

+2

it’s amazing , adopting is great/ hard thing but to open your heart to another child always worth it :wub:

.. you still follow him :joy:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, triplem said:

Anyhow , I have watched him in a worse drama where he was the second lead . Dr Stranger . That was the most cray cray drama ever . If people think CLOY with its NK set up has this romanticised feel ...they’ll change their mind after Dr Stranger :w00t:. No happy ending can ever come from living in that country.

:lol: I am avoiding that drama because of the first lead actress... there was so much beef in that drama because SoRa outshone the first lead actress and the audience actually wanted SoRa to end up with first lead Lee JongSuk.  The PD and writer had a big fight about how it should end.  The ending was ridiculous...first lead actress was resurrected (from the dead) to have her happy ending with LJS (? That’s what I read - I never watched it, I can’t stand that actress).  That was when the rumours started about first lead actress having a powerful sponsor.  Anyway, PHJ was second lead and he was in love with SoRa but she had a crush on LJS and had supposedly way more chemistry but somehow didn’t end up with him (ML).

1 hour ago, cenching said:

I just finished Cheese in the Trap.  I actually liked the ending...it was open yes...but given his personality problems (he had a lot of repressed feelings of anger and PHJ’s character really didn’t know how to relate properly with people, he was scary and manipulative), he needed to work that out.  Sure he could’ve done that without breaking up with KGE (who really is magic on screen) but I think he needed to sort himself out (find himself).  The epiphany he had in the end wasn’t just about her accident and some noble idiocy trope where he thought he had put her in danger.  He realizes that it was an underlying mental problem from childhood that he never realized he had till then.  He said so in his explanation to his father.  The screen shot of her PC had a long list of emails that she had sent to him which were unopened.  As she leaves the room to go outside, the one up top changes to “read” and you hear him call her name.  It shows that he feels he is finally ready to start talking to her again.  It’s very unconventional because it seemed like everyone had moved on with their dreams (3 years later) and it was just out OTP who were missing out?  I think that’s where everyone felt ripped off.  We were sold this lovely sweet story (yes Seo KangJoon was nice but he was no competition really...and it did seem very odd that he suddenly had so much air time in the ending episodes) and we wanted out happy ever after.  It seemed to end flat.  But for me it was hopeful.  We didn’t see them reunite but they reconnected.  And the fact that she never moved on meant that she was waiting for him to be ready to make that connection.  And he did in the end.

8853-DBB5-18-E5-4-AA1-BEED-A2139922-C49-

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@nrllee I didn’t watch Cheese. Forgot why. One must be the hair, then I heard the rumors about ending, so not that motivated to watch. 

Can I recommend the movie version?? The hair is a lot better.....:joy:

add.

Spoiler

The only thing that made me can't get into any Sageuk is the styling and setting. I don't know why the setting tends to be on the shabby side, the polar opposite of their modern drama/movie. It lacked the grandiose of Chinese ancient setting especially the palaces. Their hair made me can't take them seriously too, I can't teared my eyes away from their braided doughnut hairpiece so I have no idea what was the story all about.

I avoid Qing Dynasty era C drama/movie too. Those half bald half braid is positively unflattering.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, cenching said:

Can I recommend the movie version?? The hair is a lot better.....:joy:

What was wrong with the hair?  I didn’t have any problems with PHJ’s hair?  It wasn’t curly or weird?   Unless it was the flaming red curls that FL had?  But I thought it was her signature look and what made her stand out...

I will watch the movie version just to see the difference...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, nrllee said:

What was wrong with the hair?  I didn’t have any problems with PHJ’s hair?  It wasn’t curly or weird?   Unless it was the flaming red curls that FL had?  But I thought it was her signature look and what made her stand out...

I will watch the movie version just to see the difference...

I am sure that was what @ktcjdrama meant.......:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
13 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Unless it was the flaming red curls that FL had?  But I thought it was her signature look and what made her stand out...

It's the permed bangs... I am okay with the color and overall perm. But the bangs... 

@cenching maybe I will watch the movie ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

.. you still follow him :joy:

Lol I was following both him and his wife too on Instagram. They are a great couple :wub: 

I even follow child actors and actresses :D some are so cute

But in general I am never serious about actors, because I know that some of them might be acting before their audience too, pretending to be good while they are hiding their true nature, so I would not be surprised if someone turns out to be a serial killer :D

+2

• Like 3
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am in desperate need of a feel-good healing drama... :weary:

try 'sons of sol pharmacy' -- I remember being depressed but laughed hysterically at the end of second episode. it was a sweet funny and uplifting drama. it is an oldie. ji chang wook was just starting out and it was one of the dramas that started getting him noticed. he was a secondary character.

the other drama I would recommend on this theme is 'okjagyo brothers' -- lots of family tension but nicely worked out.

both dramas are weekend dramas and so 50 episodes+

the feel of wanting to give up a drama because you can't stand this new romance but you are more than halfway through and so don't want to give up. weary.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic