Add and Subtract Game

RayAmbler7

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

Does anyone here drink or is familiar with Kombucha?

Hubby drinks it.  I don’t much care for it myself.  I think he drinks it because it makes him feel like he’s healthier for it. :lol:.  It’s fermented and the tart taste of vinegar is ever present no matter how they try to conceal it with flavoring.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I think I am getting the hang of this! :D

@mouse007 Yes, Kombucha is really popular here.

Question:

Do you have any favorite "older" Korean dramas? Let's say more than 10 years old.  Would be interested in watching a "classic" during my vacation.
(PS. Not anything too heavy. I'd rather laugh than cry on my vacation. :D )

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

46 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Hubby drinks it.  I don’t much care for it myself.  I think he drinks it because it makes him feel like he’s healthier for it. :lol:.  It’s fermented and the tart taste of vinegar is ever present no matter how they try to conceal it with flavoring.

@nrllee I tried it for the first time over the weekend but I bought the RISE brand which is flavoured Kombucha. I was curious since I heard it has health benefits and wanted to see what it tasted like. It's definitely tart and I would agree that the flavour is probably more of an acquired taste. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I kinda like it. I was surprised at the fizziness though!

DR545_Rise_Kombucha_Rosehip_Hibiscus_Bla

34 minutes ago, partyon said:

Question:

Do you have any favorite "older" Korean dramas? Let's say more than 10 years old.  Would be interested in watching a "classic" during my vacation.

@partyon where are you located? Is it popular due to health benefits?

As for "classics" that are more than 10 years old... here are the ones I personally enjoyed:

• Goong (Korean) - 2006
  • Coffee Prince (Korean) - 2007
  • Secret Garden (Korean) - 2010
  • Winter Sonata (Korean) - 2002 - one of the first K Dramas I've seen. I love it but there's definitely crying involved
  • It Started with a Kiss (Taiwan) - 2005
  • They Kiss Again (sequel to It Started with a Kiss) - 2007

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Although I like OMS, but he is really too hot for my taste :P 

I prefer Lee Tae Sun :wub:

I find neither really to my taste, though I think they are both talented actors . LTS is young & new in this industry & will have a bright future. OMS is one of those good  veteran actors whom I feel is really overdue for a good lead role in a prime time drama . (Anyway to be fair , I only have one bias in there  . :lol:

But I’m Glad you like them. Did you watch LTS in his varieties - Run & Handsome Tigers ? Then you get to ogle at him more .

@mouse007 I think you’ll appreciate Hi Bye Mama. Check out if time permits 

@partyon welcome !!! What other current dramas are you watching besides Hyena ? Hyena is fun 

( @Sushimi aren’t you planning to watch your oppa , JJH ? )

@Lawyerh Fine weather - so nice the weather that I fell asleep 10 minutes in. :joy:I’ll watch later when I’m less tired .

1 hour ago, triplem said:

But I’m Glad you like them. Did you watch LTS in his varieties - Run & Handsome Tigers ? Then you get to ogle at him more

I am not really a fan, I like him very much as SW, but will forget him soon lol.

Actually I currently like to listen to some OST of my favourite drama. The music and songs always ring in my head. It is fun to edit some MVs. :)

I went back to an older drama OST because I am not very experienced, and it is better to test in sth old, and then improve in the recently released OST, because I make many mistakes in editing until now.

by the way, why is SKJ too quiet in his new drama? Lol. I like the drama but I really want him to shout or jump a bit. He is just toooooo calm 

I think Kim Myeong Soo will be very lively in "Welcome" :D he is really mischievous lol

+2

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

by the way, why is SKJ too quiet in his new drama? Lol. I like the drama but I really want him to shout or jump a bit. He is just toooooo calm 

I actually like him this way :D seeing a different side of him 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

With the second dejavu meeting (where he meets her on the bike) and she asks the same question she did back in high school about the things that “look like mushrooms”...do you think that was real or imagined?  I got a bit confused because he lives this Walter Mitty life where he blogs/writes about Irene (who is obviously his pen name for HW)...and that sequence in Ep1 had him typing and then reliving the events in his head...I think the first chance meeting when they were high schoolers was real...but was the second just a figment of his imagination?  Or both real?  It’s just that she forgot about their first encounter and obviously wasn’t paying attention to his answer first time which is why she asks him the exact question again.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@hibiscus23 we can talk offline without specific topics here chingu. And your best friend @thanie also resident here haha.... You just need to put number on your post. You can just add +2. No need math genius :lol:

I'm watching some chinese drama now. Forest sub so troublesome, so I halt watching it. Also going to check I'll go to You when Weather is Nice. And I watched Game Towards Zero too. 

My Chocolate addiction somewhat has been cured. I have short memory :joy: @Ameera Ali how about u? 

@Lawyerh, I doubt it :joy:. @hibiscus23 doesn't like crowded places like this. IKR, we're kinda, uhh, close. I convinced her once, she said "No, Thanks!" 

15 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lawyerh , @thanie , @hibiscus23

I moved to my new addiction, oppa hair stole my heart :joy: - he so handsome like The first time I liked him :D

@Ameera Ali, I've got a new addiction too - Hyun Bin on a Track Suit :lol:

@Sejabin, Ohmigosh! I dreamed of you last last night - You went to my place and I panicked since my Vacation Leave wasn't approved yet and you demanded for a tour! :scream:

+2

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

owned bookstore that kind of non profitable.

He told me he sells online ;) That’s how people make money these days. 

But really, owning that kind of bookstore is more of a passion than anything else. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@Lawyerh I have signed on for a few more episodes of FWF.  The slow plodding tone of the drama is killing me.  If I can finally get a handle on something to keep me watching I will soldier on to the end.  Otherwise I may well bail for another “healing drama” that has caught my eye - Jung HaeIn and Chae SooBin’s drama “A Piece of Your Mind”.  The stilted conversations so far are ponderous.  The only bit I really like is the bit at the end when he recites his blog entries.  I know what it’s like to write better than you speak so that’s the only bit I relate to.  You know what he should do?  He should read his entries to her the day after.  She would fall in love with him in a heartbeat.  I guarantee it.  :lol:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

His family background also seems rather good? He had 2 cars, and owned bookstore that kind of non profitable. But he didn't seems to be struggle in make a living. His choice also rather odd, just to stay in the out of nowhere village.

His choice to stay in the outskirts away from the hullabaloo of Seoul and city life comes from his penned thoughts about a “good night”.  His goal in life has nothing to do with getting ahead in life or climbing the social ladder.  His one aim was to eat well and sleep well and have a good night.  It’s almost monastic. So he is aligning his living with his “goal”.  Ironically despite surrounding himself with everything that removes stress from his life, he still suffers from insomnia?  Why is that?  Why does having a good night’s sleep elude him?  There doesn’t seem to be anything that’s the least bit stressful in his life?  His family loves him and he runs a bookstore and doesn’t seem to want for anything. He wakes up when he wants, has no mean boss to deal with, minds the skating rink on occasion, cycles everywhere with no worry about traffic jams etc.  What’s missing?  Irene?  Maybe it’s the copious amounts of coffee (caffeine) he imbibes?  :lol:  Or the fact that night time is when people tend to write best?  And he disappears into his make believe Walter Mitty world to be with Irene?  Like how @mouse007 has dangerous liaisons with her Oppa?  :lol:  Paradoxically, HW with all her woes and stresses and less than idyllic life seems to sleep just fine?  Why is that?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Question:

Full house!!!! It's a very fun drama. If you can get past the cliches and super annoying secondary characters, you would enjoy it. 

Welcome to the thread!!!

@thanie I love your new dp!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@mouse007 I am located in Europe (western). With Kombucha - we're all about the latest  fads here. It doesn't matter if it tastes good or not, we drink it if it's trendy.... :D

Thanks for the drama recommendations @mouse007 and @kokodus - have seen all of them, but I might just re-watch Secret Garden.

Especially after @thanie brought up my favorite Italian hand sewn track suit!!! :D Thank you for reminding me!

c5301223fe929d01c5865ccee029fc7d.jpg

• LOL 5

• partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game
  • Guest pinned this topic